Batman Gone Bad - Gotham - Town Wins

14 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

really? you come in 8 mins after the DL to evaluate how the game is going when you weren't actually around?

I voted you... not sure why the pretty easy to read lynch never materialized.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I've never heard of chiggers.  Figures a dirty Ape has contracted this little parasite. 

Liar. You live in the south, that’s where I learned they existed. Along with insecure twink boys, like you.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I was right last game, thanks for a second bad response. 

I don't care about last game.  I'm saying your sh*t's weak if that's all you have for a case in THIS one.  If you're going to try to make a meta argument, you need more than just one instance to go off of.  

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I want to get rid of  the thumb down crap from this forum. Really doesn’t apply to mafia quite honestly. 

Why? I think it helps. That way I dont have to post a reply to every post I don't like. Makes the game thread less cluttered.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I want to get rid of  the thumb down crap from this forum. Really doesn’t apply to mafia quite honestly. 

Fwiw I disagree. I mean if you want to take rep away altogether I support that because I think there is a very fine line that people (including myself) sometimes walk with liking posts during a game but if there is going to be rep I think it is better with a down vote. Without the ability to down vote you can often get a false impression of somethings popularity. Take for instance the trailer for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. It has 615K likes right now. That is a lot. A lot of people signaled that they liked this trailer. Compare with similar Triple A title Battlefield 5 trailer. BF5 has only ~900K TOTAL votes including likes and dislikes. So You'd think COD: IW is a very popular game. In fact if we look at the dislikes (3.8M) we can see that from the trailer alone this is probably the worst rated Call of Duty game of all time. Also, as an aside, Battlefield 5 also had more dislikes than likes. 

And before anyone is like well that's just negative and it doesn't do anyone any good. Yeah, ok, most of the time you're probably right. But there is an opportunity for good to come out of it. Take the recent Sonic the Hedgehog movie. Sonic looked really weird in the original trailer and people disliked it, they commented, they voiced their opinions on twitter. And, to their credit, the filmmakers went back and reworked how Sonic looked at I'm sure a not so insignificant cost to their budget. When they were done though Sonic looked much better and instead of flopping like the vast majority of video game movies do Sonic did pretty good. From Wikipedia:

The film set the record for the biggest opening weekend for a video game film in the United States and Canada. It grossed $306 million worldwide, becoming the second highest-grossing film of 2020,[13] and the highest-grossing video game film adaptation of all time in North America.

Budget    $81–95 million[7][8]
Box office    $306.8 million[9][10]

Granted there is no product here and we are just people talking.

Regardless I am still for preserving a neg rep if we are going to have neg rep at all.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  It also comes off as childish and catty.  

Uhhh rule #14?

Wtf...where am I...???

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Why? I think it helps. That way I dont have to post a reply to every post I don't like. Makes the game thread less cluttered.

It doesn’t help because we are playing a game  to have fun. If you don’t like a post then ignore it, personally I think that helps. 

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Fwiw I disagree. I mean if you want to take rep away altogether I support that because I think there is a very fine line that people (including myself) sometimes walk with liking posts during a game but if there is going to be rep I think it is better with a down vote. Without the ability to down vote you can often get a false impression of somethings popularity. Take for instance the trailer for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. It has 615K likes right now. That is a lot. A lot of people signaled that they liked this trailer. Compare with similar Triple A title Battlefield 5 trailer. BF5 has only ~900K TOTAL votes including likes and dislikes. So You'd think COD: IW is a very popular game. In fact if we look at the dislikes (3.8M) we can see that from the trailer alone this is probably the worst rated Call of Duty game of all time. Also, as an aside, Battlefield 5 also had more dislikes than likes. 

And before anyone is like well that's just negative and it doesn't do anyone any good. Yeah, ok, most of the time you're probably right. But there is an opportunity for good to come out of it. Take the recent Sonic the Hedgehog movie. Sonic looked really weird in the original trailer and people disliked it, they commented, they voiced their opinions on twitter. And, to their credit, the filmmakers went back and reworked how Sonic looked at I'm sure a not so insignificant cost to their budget. When they were done though Sonic looked much better and instead of flopping like the vast majority of video game movies do Sonic did pretty good. From Wikipedia:

Granted there is no product here and we are just people talking.

Regardless I am still for preserving a neg rep if we are going to have neg rep at all.

Uhhh rule #14?

Wtf...where am I...???

Wow, it’s nice to see you. Hope your well. Holy shit. 

• Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It doesn’t help because we are playing a game  to have fun. If you don’t like a post then ignore it, personally I think that helps. 

We're playing a game to decipher if someone is being truthful or lying. So it's okay not to like posts. If we ignore it then what's the point of the game? Fun is part of it but the point is to play to your wincon.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

It's okay to call each other names and bust each other's chops but you're drawing the line at downvoting posts? LOL

It’s a matter of degrees. Downvoting is fine. Literally downvoting every post person makes for almost a page or two is not in my opinion. It’s just my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't care about last game.  I'm saying your sh*t's weak if that's all you have for a case in THIS one.  If you're going to try to make a meta argument, you need more than just one instance to go off of.  

1. I’ve caught scum many times based on a single ping. it’s not just meta, it’s also prevailing strategy that scum push theories to mislead conversation. This is sound, and time-tested.

2. You’re rebuttal has been first, telling me it’s your town meta, and second telling me I need more than one instance. Both garbage reasoning.

You guys have basically wasted two phases watching Arsis do whatever he’s doing, and whining about two threads. 

Im scum hunting. The way I want, so you can kindly shove these poopie replies up your poop hole. Poop.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They've happened to me 2-3 times and they sucked, a lot.  

I also learned that southern gnats bite. That was a horrible learning moment. Camping out in on the Georgia cosst, 20+ people, we arrive at night, wake up next morning and gnats are biting the sh*t out of us. My girl and I packed up and drive back to town and ate waffles. Total bust of a camping trip, but the waffle date was stellar.

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Being ok with being upvoted but not downvoted is funny, to say the least. 

I don’t care about any of it. I use a couple of the positive ones to give people a nod for being funny.

Trying to read into it beyond that is whatevs

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I also learned that southern gnats bite. That was a horrible learning moment. Camping out in on the Georgia cosst, 20+ people, we arrive at night, wake up next morning and gnats are biting the sh*t out of us. My girl and I packed up and drive back to town and ate waffles. Total bust of a camping trip, but the waffle date was stellar.

As far as Georgia coastal species go, Gnats are definitely the one to get attacked by lol. Who set you up on that trip without telling you to pack fly nets and deet? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

As far as Georgia coastal species go, Gnats are definitely the one to get attacked by lol. Who set you up on that trip without telling you to pack fly nets and deet? 

Yea, we were near swamp. Could hear gators during our night walks. Raccoons also jumped into the fire to steal food.

We were in college. Beyond beer and fire, we’re lucky we had any supplies. ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, we’re really doing this? We’re arguing over the thumbs up/down thing? 

Yall have basically covered everything except scum hunting. 

Tough game to scum hunt In right now. With no alignment results it’s tougher to examine trains. Also, I’m struggling keeping tract who’s been banned and sent to timeout. Couple times I was posting in one thread when I thought it was another. Your right, shouldn’t have brought it up. My fat ass should know better by now. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, we were near swamp. Could hear gators during our night walks. Raccoons also jumped into the fire to steal food.

We were in college. Beyond beer and fire, we’re lucky we had any supplies. ?‍♂️

Fair enough.

*Note to the college kids out there: go to the beach - not the swamp. 

shooting star GIF

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Tough game to scum hunt In right now. With no alignment results it’s tougher to examine trains. Also, I’m struggling keeping tract who’s been banned and sent to timeout. Couple times I was posting in one thread when I thought it was another. Your right, shouldn’t have brought it up. My fat ass should know better by now. 

I don’t need alignments, not immediately. If you hunt based on established scum behavior, then it’ll all come out in the wash. Besides, if you don’t scum hunting, then what DO you do? Argue about rep?

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, we’re really doing this? We’re arguing over the thumbs up/down thing? 

Yall have basically covered everything except scum hunting. 

I’m just tryna figure out how to get colored coded thumbs ???????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t need alignments, not immediately. If you hunt based on established scum behavior, then it’ll all come out in the wash. Besides, if you don’t scum hunting, then what DO you do? Argue about rep?

Good point and yes, seems I do.