Jump to content

Batman Gone Bad - Gotham - Town Wins


DPR
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

FWIW I was in the mid to low 80's for the longest time I'm betting at least a year then I Shot consecutive games of 77 and  78 I then proceeded to hurt my neck with 2 bulging disks and had to lay off Golf for a full year. When I went back it was a total nightmare as I shot a 95 my first time out and my Nephew broke my Driver in freaking half which added to the misery. I loved that driver it was custom madee for be by a guy who did golf smithing on the side... He (my Nephew) asked to take a few swings while we were warming up before our tee time and as I left the clubhouse I saw him standing there with my club in what looked to be a L shape and a stupid look on his face. Took me so long and so much practice to get to the level I was at and it all went in the toilet. Then I changed jobs was working a lot of weekends and I could not Imagine what I would shoot now about 8 years later and a bit of a belly to boot which no doubt will have an effect on my swing LOL. What shaved a bunch of strokes off my game ?was in fact that driver (the ******* L shaped one) I took a little off my swing was not trying to kill the ball and was hitting the fairway at a much better rate. That made the difference because My mid to short game was pretty good. You will do it when you least expect it then the Golfing gods will strike you Down ...bastards < this was in reference to me ... I hope you get it done and continue to improve

I'm consistently in the mid to low 80's right now with the outlier stinker where I'm 90+/- a few range.  They still happen, golf is a bitch like that.  That said, those are rare now because I actually stopped hitting my driver. I can bomb my driver but when I miss, I miss big and I have days where I just cant hit it.  So after a year of contemplation and 1 really really bad round with my driver, I bought this infomercial club I saw on the golf channel called the Gx7.  1$ for a 30 day trial, if you like it, keep it and pay full price or send it back.  I ******* love it.  I'm hitting fairways on the regular now.  Ironically it's pitched as "swing like your 7, hit it like your driver" and my 7 is inconsistent but for some reason this club just fits my swing perfectly and I hit it straight damn near every time.  It's a 14 degree, shaped like a hybrid.  I probably lose 10-15 yards off a good driver but I'm hitting, no joke, like 75% of fairways with this club now.  Even when my swing feels terrible, it seems to be a good shot.  lol  Shaved 6-8 strokes off my game, no joke.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm consistently in the mid to low 80's right now with the outlier stinker where I'm 90+/- a few range.  They still happen, golf is a bitch like that.  That said, those are rare now because I actually stopped hitting my driver. I can bomb my driver but when I miss, I miss big and I have days where I just cant hit it.  So after a year of contemplation and 1 really really bad round with my driver, I bought this infomercial club I saw on the golf channel called the Gx7.  1$ for a 30 day trial, if you like it, keep it and pay full price or send it back.  I ******* love it.  I'm hitting fairways on the regular now.  Ironically it's pitched as "swing like your 7, hit it like your driver" and my 7 is inconsistent but for some reason this club just fits my swing perfectly and I hit it straight damn near every time.  It's a 14 degree, shaped like a hybrid.  I probably lose 10-15 yards off a good driver but I'm hitting, no joke, like 75% of fairways with this club now.  Even when my swing feels terrible, it seems to be a good shot.  lol  Shaved 6-8 strokes off my game, no joke.

LOL you sound like you are in the exact same place I was when I finally hit the 70's You're not far off .

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thanks, I appreciate it.  lol  The thought of "laying up" on a par 3 sickens me but when thinking about trying to do something I've never done before that is basically my biggest hobby goal (for lack of a better term), maybe I just do something where I reduce risk and play it safe just to make it happen because my most inconsistent clubs are my 7/6 for some reason.  That said, if I ever want to get into a single digit handicap, I need to routinely make that shot easy.  So it's probably better long term I do it the proper way.

Crazy how addicted I am to this sport right now...

Golf is like that. I had never played, started one summer. Brought my game not the 100’s my first 3 months playing, as a fat pig. Had kids, took a few years off. Played at a bachelor party and shot a 90, as a ‘fat strongman’ @Pac @CTM. I’m eager for the chance to play weekly. My kids aren’t a good age for it, but in time. My game got better with my fitness level, so I’m hopeful I can shoot in the 80’s with some regular play.

I stopped killing the ball with my drives. I have maybe a 75% strength swing, and consistently hit it about 250-300 yards, but straight and on fairway. My hip is ****ed, so when I swing harder I only put the ball in the woods. On the rare occasion I hit full and straight, I drop it over 350, but I shoot over 100 on those days. I’m still very much a beginner. Lots to figure out still.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Current Vote Count:

80 (4) - Nyn, Crush, SMC, Jets

AVM (1) - CTM

CTM (1) - Ape

JETS (1) - Pac

Pac (1) - Smash

JiF (1) - Dice

Nyn (1) - Arsis

4 players not voting: JiF, JC, AVM, 80

With 14 players, it takes 8 to lynch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

Looks like everyone needed a little break and I'm not complaining - with the state opening up businesses, I need extra time to decide whether I want to lose money by staying closed, or to lose money by re-opening. It's a very exciting choice!

 

Woof. That’s rough. Good luck. 

sale slashing GIF by Megan Jo Nairn

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Woof. That’s rough. Good luck. 

sale slashing GIF by Megan Jo Nairn

It’s crazy - out of all of the studios, gyms, bars, clubs, etc. I haven’t heard one realistic idea as to how to deal with this. It’s gonna be interesting to see how all this turns out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Golf is like that. I had never played, started one summer. Brought my game not the 100’s my first 3 months playing, as a fat pig. Had kids, took a few years off. Played at a bachelor party and shot a 90, as a ‘fat strongman’ @Pac @CTM. I’m eager for the chance to play weekly. My kids aren’t a good age for it, but in time. My game got better with my fitness level, so I’m hopeful I can shoot in the 80’s with some regular play.

I stopped killing the ball with my drives. I have maybe a 75% strength swing, and consistently hit it about 250-300 yards, but straight and on fairway. My hip is ****ed, so when I swing harder I only put the ball in the woods. On the rare occasion I hit full and straight, I drop it over 350, but I shoot over 100 on those days. I’m still very much a beginner. Lots to figure out still.

**** sake dude, distance like that you could easily be a single digit golfer if you put in the work.  Damn.  

I started playing and taking it serious like a year in a half ago.  I played with my dad as a kid a handful of times a year and he taught me the game. And then I had a 2 year stint in college when my roommate worked at the golf course and we played for free, all the time.  Stopped playing like altogether for basically 18 years and picked it up again and I'm hooked.  I want to great so bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

**** sake dude, distance like that you could easily be a single digit golfer if you put in the work.  Damn.  

I started playing and taking it serious like a year in a half ago.  I played with my dad as a kid a handful of times a year and he taught me the game. And then I had a 2 year stint in college when my roommate worked at the golf course and we played for free, all the time.  Stopped playing like altogether for basically 18 years and picked it up again and I'm hooked.  I want to great so bad. 

Thanks. I’ve had buddies say the same. Good is less about distance, and more about controlling where the bell goes. If I can get the latter figured out, then the distance will help. Otherwise, it’s all power and no skill. The drivers these days make it easy to add 25-50 yards too. It’s not all me.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

Arsis wants distractions and chaos   that benefits scum not Town

 

unvote vote Arsis

I love the red mall ninja cringe lord vote.

 

Dice figured the game out day 1. I'm actually batman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Needed a change of scenery today so we took an afternoon road trip to Athens - a fairly new brewery had a drive thru open, and as We wanted to support the economy, I turned right in. Picked up one of the most delicious beers I’ve ever had - dunno if this will ever make it up to all of you, but if it does, do yourself a favor...

 

CC98B13E-8690-49F2-B2DB-B95A89D040F4.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

Needed a change of scenery today so we took an afternoon road trip to Athens - a fairly new brewery had a drive thru open, and as We wanted to support the economy, I turned right in. Picked up one of the most delicious beers I’ve ever had - dunno if this will ever make it up to all of you, but if it does, do yourself a favor...

 

CC98B13E-8690-49F2-B2DB-B95A89D040F4.jpeg

I think @CTM has that tattooed on his ass. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DPR said:

Needed a change of scenery today so we took an afternoon road trip to Athens - a fairly new brewery had a drive thru open, and as We wanted to support the economy, I turned right in. Picked up one of the most delicious beers I’ve ever had - dunno if this will ever make it up to all of you, but if it does, do yourself a favor...

 

CC98B13E-8690-49F2-B2DB-B95A89D040F4.jpeg

I'd buy it just because they were good enough to commission an illustrator for the label design. Kinda femme, but beautiful line work, palette and paper choice. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...