NFL QB All-Time Hierarchy List (Thoughts?)

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I think manning without a doubt deserves to be in tier 1. Greatest regular season QB I’ve ever watched.

5x MVP 7x All Pro 14x Pro Bowler 

the passing stats speak for itself, on par with Brady if not better in some cases. 

Also, for the Brady GOAT crowd: Manning always had significantly worse defenses (except for 2015), and a disadvantage at head coach for most of his career. Manning also never lost to Brady in the playoffs after 2005. History will surely regard Brady as better but Manning is on par with him IMO.

13 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Depressing

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That's depressing

Yes.

The sad thing?  You could disagree wholeheartedly with my list and move them all around, you still wind up in the same awful place.  Hell, if the kid makes the playoffs this year, Darnold becomes Tier 2 just like that (snaps finger).

Here you go, have at it yourself:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/career-passing.htm

SAR I

3 hours ago, King P said:

Bradshaw deserves a higher spot. I would even dare to say the top tier. He didn't  win 5 SB's because he was a 4th tier QB. 

As for your comment about Rogers cooling off, I would say statistically,  the last two season might be his best. 

Capture.jpg

Look at this Top 16.  It's tragic.  Some lowlights:

Joe Namath, our consensus best QB, had 215 interceptions in 136 games.

Ken O'Brien, our compiler, 10 seasons, never won a playoff game, only played in 2 of them.

Richard Todd, our transition guy, 2-2 in the playoffs, 4 TD's, 12 interceptions.

Chad Pennington, our sad puppy, was afraid, played great in the regular season, crapped the bed in the playoffs.

Vinny Testaverde, our one hit wonder, was on the roster for 7 years and only produced in 2 of them.

Mark Sanchez, Public Enemy #1, was barely here and dominated in the playoffs.

Sam Darnold, injured and only here 2 seasons, is already Top 10 in passing yards.

LOL.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Capture.jpg

Look at this Top 16.  It's tragic.  Some lowlights:

Joe Namath, our consensus best QB, had 215 interceptions in 136 games.

Ken O'Brien, our compiler, 10 seasons, never won a playoff game, only played in 2 of them.

Richard Todd, our transition guy, 2-2 in the playoffs, 4 TD's, 12 interceptions.

Chad Pennington, our sad puppy, was afraid, played great in the regular season, crapped the bed in the playoffs.

Vinny Testaverde, our one hit wonder, was on the roster for 7 years and only produced in 2 of them.

Mark Sanchez, Public Enemy #1, was barely here and dominated in the playoffs.

Sam Darnold, injured and only here 2 seasons, is already Top 10 in passing yards.

LOL.

SAR I

Just imagine . If Sam Darnold throws for just 7000 Yards this year he cracks the top 5

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

If you go by stats, then Rodgers would be the king.  He has similar or better stats to Wilson in every category you mentioned.  Not to take away from Wilson, who has proven to be an amazing QB over a long period of time, but statistically Rodgers might be the best we've seen (well until now with Mahomes).

I agree, in aggregate. But not through his first 8 seasons (Wilson is going into his 9th). Rodgers sat for 3 years to start his career. So IF Russ keeps going (and like I said, he probably won't) he will surpass guys like Rodgers and eventually even Brees and Golden Boy. And yes, in theory Mahomes will surpass all of them too, but as silly as it is to prognosticate about Wilson, its completely ridiculous to prognosticate about Mahomes who's been in the league 3 seasons. At least Wilson has nearly a decade of NFL football under his belt, never missed a game, never threw under 3,000yrds, never threw under 20 TDs in a season.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Favre ahead of Rodgers is absolutely laughable.

I’m not a Favre guy and think he’s one of the most overrated QBs of all time.

However, I do think some people forget how good he was in his prime (94-98). He won three straight MVPs (95-97) and went to back to back Superbowls. 

His problem is that he threw so many game ending, even season ending, interceptions. 

I think people are severely underrating Warner. He definitely deserves to be on the list. Personally I think the Steelers might win their Super Bowls with Sanchez. They had teams that were literally almost ALL HOF'ers. In fact, Bradshaw was chosen because we was not as good of a QB but much safer with the ball so that they could just win with running and defense. I dont think Rapelisburger would be in any tier for me. Namath should be on the list. His stats are not in line with the others but he was a transcendent player. People forget that now. Joe is mostly known for somehow shrinking like 6" in old age. Joe is 1" shorter than Darnold (see below), and Suzy Kober but he could throw the ball like few ever have, called his own plays nad threw for 4000 yards in 14 games when CBs could legally maul the receivers and hold at will. Namath in today's NFL would be a monster.

kk5rhhevjbnu7xiuntie.jpg

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I get that it is cool to be down on Namath, but if Bradshaw is there why the **** not Namath?  I don't think a single GM in the history of the planet would select Bradshaw over Namath.  All the statistical bullsh*t that lets people select these compiling losers today isn't there for Bradshaw.    Their statistics were similar, Bradshaw's claim to fame is that he was a "winner."  Well, so is Namath's.  Bart Starr?   C'mon.  The guy threw for 120 ypg on a team of HOF'ers.

This.  If Bradshaw makes this list, Namath absolutely belongs.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Bradshaw deserves a higher spot. I would even dare to say the top tier. He didn't  win 5 SB's because he was a 4th tier QB. 

As for your comment about Rogers cooling off, I would say statistically,  the last two season might be his best. 

He doesn't have 5 SB's, and he threw for 96 yards in one of his wins & 3 INT's in another.