Arkham Asylum - Town Wins

DPR

6 hours ago, AVM said:

Also folks thinking Dice is going to show up in the next 39 minutes to make a speech or something got me like

the dark knight batman GIF

Yeah expecting me to turn up at 2am is a bit much. Especially as the whole damned DL didnt exist until after Id gone  to bed

3 hours ago, AVM said:

You really struggle with tunnel vision sometimes. Love you, mean it...but shew.

I got sent here because you got very OMGUSy, at best. Lmk when you arrive at the acceptance stage.

DPR had me in red - the villains (or at least some of us) are the good guys. If he doesn't revise it from being red it means one of two things:

1) Red and black are the two faction colors and that will be settled out real quick

2) It's an indicator of a difference between being lynched and sent here and being "arrested" and sent here, if that's what you did.

I think its 2.

And I voted  and would have doubledowned on arsis for reasons. He seems to want the thread distracted. thats good for scum not town. then he claimed to be batman. Same as claiming scum. I will pretty much always vote that and have played a game where someone claimed a scum RB in their first post   guess what they flipped?  even AFTER someone else ALSO flipped it?  So I dont discount that people are telling the truth with stuff like that.

Plus I would be quite happy to be rid of him.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

Yeah expecting me to turn up at 2am is a bit much. Especially as the whole damned DL didnt exist until after Id gone  to bed

I think its 2.

And I voted  and would have doubledowned on arsis for reasons. He seems to want the thread distracted. thats good for scum not town. then he claimed to be batman. Same as claiming scum. I will pretty much always vote that and have played a game where someone claimed a scum RB in their first post   guess what they flipped?  even AFTER someone else ALSO flipped it?  So I dont discount that people are telling the truth with stuff like that.

Plus I would be quite happy to be rid of him.

Apparently it's neither. DPR says it's a color blindness fluke.

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

Competing trains today - definitely want to get some pressure on JC.

Smash - what specifically are your thoughts on Arsis? 

How you holding up in here?  Kind of like quarantine?  Need any video recommendations?  Tiger King?  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

How you holding up in here?  Kind of like quarantine?  Need any video recommendations?  Tiger King?  

Heat went out last night. Surprisingly cold for May, but these are strange times. The guards used the rest of the cheddar biscuits to start a fire that, much like Red Lobster going in to your stomach didn't last long. Smell was awful.

But Smash is here and we're planning craft time this afternoon. Diary entry #2 to follow shortly there after.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Competing trains today - definitely want to get some pressure on JC.

Smash - what specifically are your thoughts on Arsis? 

well it seems to me most town might very well have a way to arrest and Arsis didn't seem to know that which made me think he might be scum.

Just now, Arsis said:

Seems weird to have everyone able to arrest.

Theme wise it would make sense to have the scum team able to throw people behind bars (or kill? though perhaps even as he's gone bad Batman won't break his one rule...) as well as "town." Can't be eliminated yet, but hard to imagine Nyn's role as a 3rd party role at least with the info we have.

35 minutes ago, AVM said:

Theme wise it would make sense to have the scum team able to throw people behind bars (or kill? though perhaps even as he's gone bad Batman won't break his one rule...) as well as "town." Can't be eliminated yet, but hard to imagine Nyn's role as a 3rd party role at least with the info we have.

If you believe her.

4 minutes ago, Arsis said:

If you believe her.

Uncountered - she clearly was the one that sent me here and her offering it up like that, if she didn't, would have meant for a quick exit in the game. The only question is whether or not it's the equivalent of a town vig or some sort of 3rd party role, of which I'd currently lean quite a bit towards to former. I'll also maintain that until there's more information there are better areas to focus.

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I believe her because I can also arrest so as scum how would she know that ?

Interesting. Not the role I have, but interesting that there are more than one.

Was your role 1x, multi-shot, or rather not say at this point?

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

AVM since we can't go into the game thread it's up to them to come in here and get info.

Yeah - I've been commenting on the game in real time over here for what's going on over there. At least I was yesterday.

1 minute ago, AVM said:

Interesting. Not the role I have, but interesting that there are more than one.

Was your role 1x, multi-shot, or rather not say at this point?

Maybe that's all I should say AVM because we don't know if we can be broken out of jail and Im guessing thats a role as well.  Based on what we post in here, players in the game thread should be able to make an educated decision on how to proceed.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Maybe that's all I should say AVM because we don't know if we can be broken out of jail and Im guessing thats a role as well.  Based on what we post in here, players in the game thread should be able to make an educated decision on how to proceed.

We absolutely *can* be broken out of jail.

The fact that I can be back in the game and that this is not a dead thread is why I haven't shared much about myself yet.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, AVM said:

We absolutely *can* be broken out of jail.

The fact that I can be back in the game and that this is not a dead thread is why I haven't shared much about myself yet.

Well I shared to confirm Nyn as town but now that I think about it she could very well be scum as well. We need to give that some thought because why would DPR give a Night action AND a day action to the scum team. Even if just  possible 1x that seems a little OP for the scum team so we can go by percentages here and say Nyn is town. What ya think ?

What I know:

• Anyone in Arkham is still in the game and can return to the full game/thread
  • Alignment is not easily apparent in this game, but is something we can figure out

What I think I know:

• Those of us in Arkham can be further removed from the game, permanently (hence what I was saying about death vs. jailing yesterday)
  • We shouldn't try to play the "this character is scum!" or "this character clearly would be town" game - this is why DPR allowed for unlimited reveals

What I'm wildly speculating:

• As Nyn suggested yesterday it's possible scum have safe reveals...we're playing in a world where people wear masks. The "flavor" could be that people could disguise themselves as someone else...such as Batman having a safe reveal as Nightwing. On my confidence scale 1 being next to none and 10 being extremely confident this is a 2.5.
  • There's an additional mechanic we don't know yet within Arkham. I don't know what I'm thinking here...but I'm wondering if there's more that will happen here other than us sitting and waiting to break out/be broken out. Confidence scale 4...but still gross speculation.

Im liking this set up more and more as the game moves on. Different dynamic than just the same old scum vs town . We need to figure out how to use this to our advantage. It almost seems like we need to make our powers available to the players in the real game so they can then pick the right player to bring back based on that power. If you get to use it during the day they can break us out and then we can use the power to throw scum in jail.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well I shared to confirm Nyn as town but now that I think about it she could very well be scum as well. We need to give that some thought because why would DPR give a Night action AND a day action to the scum team. Even if just  possible 1x that seems a little OP for the scum team so we can go by percentages here and say Nyn is town. What ya think ?

Town, scum and third party are all possible. I'd say right now I'm 70% town, 25% third party, 5% scum. Before your reveal I would have said more 90% town...if there are more I'd say it's a toss-up.

One interesting thing Nyn said yesterday was, if I'm remembering correctly, implying she was surprised I went in here and wasn't removed from the game. Let me see if I can find that or if I misread/misunderstood...

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Im liking this set up more and more as the game moves on. Different dynamic than just the same old scum vs town . We need to figure out how to use this to our advantage. It almost seems like we need to make our powers available to the players in the real game so they can then pick the right player to bring back based on that power. If you get to use it during the day they can break us out and then we can use the power to throw scum in jail.

It is extremely cool - I love it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

What I know:

• Anyone in Arkham is still in the game and can return to the full game/thread
  • Alignment is not easily apparent in this game, but is something we can figure out

What I think I know:

• Those of us in Arkham can be further removed from the game, permanently (hence what I was saying about death vs. jailing yesterday)
  • We shouldn't try to play the "this character is scum!" or "this character clearly would be town" game - this is why DPR allowed for unlimited reveals

What I'm wildly speculating:

• As Nyn suggested yesterday it's possible scum have safe reveals...we're playing in a world where people wear masks. The "flavor" could be that people could disguise themselves as someone else...such as Batman having a safe reveal as Nightwing. On my confidence scale 1 being next to none and 10 being extremely confident this is a 2.5.
  • There's an additional mechanic we don't know yet within Arkham. I don't know what I'm thinking here...but I'm wondering if there's more that will happen here other than us sitting and waiting to break out/be broken out. Confidence scale 4...but still gross speculation.

So do you think us being in red and Dice being in Black has no significance ?