Arkham Asylum - Town Wins

AVM like I alluded to in my other posts maybe town will break us out based on knowledge now guess on what we can do with our roles. I think this is something that would be town friendly if we reveal then town scum play the chess game in the main thread. I could be wrong but that's my initial thoughts which I'm sure can change as the game moves on

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So do you think us being in red and Dice being in Black has no significance ?

First to this - I feel like DPR said yesterday he was "famously colorblind" so I dismissed it...then you came in as red, which I think is interesting. My two theories yesterday before DPR kind of dismissed that the color mattered were:

1) Red = town, black = scum (reverse of usual...though usually it would be blue)

2) Red vs black indicated how the player was removed

But I do know for sure that alignment information is earned in different ways. I found that out after I got in here...but wasn't sure if that meant "sometimes it can be figured out through roles, sometimes other methods" or "you're not going to find out alignment like you usually do"

I'm now believing it is #2.

• Upvote 1

Secondly - on page 11 Nyn noted that she didn't know this wasn't a DT. She immediately followed up to that by saying she didn't realize it til after the fact..

So - @Smashmouth does that thinking/reaction jive with what you would have expected in the same role?

And secondly - on D1 why use a shot that you think is taking someone out of the game with little to no information? Nyn has proven how good of a player she is and even if you feel your instinct is good, why take a shot then? 

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

First to this - I feel like DPR said yesterday he was "famously colorblind" so I dismissed it...then you came in as red, which I think is interesting. My two theories yesterday before DPR kind of dismissed that the color mattered were:

1) Red = town, black = scum (reverse of usual...though usually it would be blue)

2) Red vs black indicated how the player was removed

But I do know for sure that alignment information is earned in different ways. I found that out after I got in here...but wasn't sure if that meant "sometimes it can be figured out through roles, sometimes other methods" or "you're not going to find out alignment like you usually do"

I'm now believing it is #2.

good observation. With that being said my PM said I was town so thats what I was looking at . based on the subject matter of the game me being the Joker and the arch enemy of batman its only logical Im town since the god damn Batman is scum. Then I thought if batman picked his whole team he probably picked after DPR assigned roles (I think) So that just muddies the water further. Do you know when DPR said Batman would pick his team ?

Just now, Smashmouth said:

good observation. With that being said my PM said I was town so thats what I was looking at . based on the subject matter of the game me being the Joker and the arch enemy of batman its only logical Im town since the god damn Batman is scum. Then I thought if batman picked his whole team he probably picked after DPR assigned roles (I think) So that just muddies the water further. Do you know when DPR said Batman would pick his team ?

Holy cow that's a great thought...

Batman could have been allowed to pick the characters, not the players, to add randomness? Is that your thought?

• Upvote 2

DPR has been intentionally vague with a few things. While it doesn't necessarily matter which way it was chosen right now, it would tell us a couple things...

You couldn't lynch people based on who they would pick and characters would mean absolutely nothing. 

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

Secondly - on page 11 Nyn noted that she didn't know this wasn't a DT. She immediately followed up to that by saying she didn't realize it til after the fact..

So - @Smashmouth does that thinking/reaction jive with what you would have expected in the same role?

And secondly - on D1 why use a shot that you think is taking someone out of the game with little to no information? Nyn has proven how good of a player she is and even if you feel your instinct is good, why take a shot then? 

Nyn could have been playing dumb 

Nyn could be the Batman because I can't see DPR giving that type of power to players batman chose to have on his team plus whatever powers Batman had to begin with. 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Nyn could have been playing dumb 

Nyn could be the Batman because I can't see DPR giving that type of power to players batman chose to have on his team plus whatever powers Batman had to begin with. 

I disagree on Batman given the specific wording that Batman captured you in your scene, vs. nothing like that in mine. But I agree, there's a lot more possibilities than the "typical" game at play here...need to make less assumptions by roles/characters and work on legit scum hunting.

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

Holy cow that's a great thought...

Batman could have been allowed to pick the characters, not the players, to add randomness? Is that your thought?

Honestly I think he was picking players but it did cross my mind he was picking characters but that's not what I was talking about in that post thats all you on that and I think it's very possible

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

DPR has been intentionally vague with a few things. While it doesn't necessarily matter which way it was chosen right now, it would tell us a couple things...

You couldn't lynch people based on who they would pick and characters would mean absolutely nothing. 

Actually one more thought - absolutely nothing is not what I meant to say - everything in DPRs games typically has a purpose, including character names. Absolutely nothing in terms of alignment...as in it would be impossible to "game" who would be scum.

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Looks like the Batman was picked first ..which would make me think he then chose a team and then roles were given out based on those choices

That's pretty much what DPR said. The only other alternative is that batman got to chose his team and got whatever roles they were randomly assigned.

That doesn't seem great for balance.

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, AVM said:

And if she was just going to shoot, why didnt she just shoot 80?  She was up his butt all day.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Didn't realize active players participated in this thread. So just to confirm, Smash/Avm and dice are still unknown alignments and can be helping or manipulating town from here?

Correct.  And all 3 "died" in a different way. 

• AVM was arrested (claimed to be done by Nyn, who thought she was shooting/killing him)
  • Dice was lynched
  • Smash was "caught" by Batman 

Smash is the only one we can be confident was not working WITH Batman, since he was essentially a NK.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• AVM was arrested (claimed to be done by Nyn, who thought she was shooting/killing him)
  • Dice was lynched

Smash is the only one we can be confident was not working WITH Batman, since he was essentially a NK.  

Well we didnt actually die ..we feel we can be broken out of this place It is a prison and I am the Joker after all ...its what I do.

19 minutes ago, CTM said:

Didn't realize active players participated in this thread. So just to confirm, Smash/Avm and dice are still unknown alignments and can be helping or manipulating town from here?

Give this thread  good read then your 2 cents. Not being sarcastic 

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Dice was lynched

Yest that part I got which is why I felt Nyn was clear town. Arrested <> caught by batman

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Dice was lynched

^^this is correct...though I'm curious if scum could send their own here? Theoretically possible, but without knowing what mechanics are at play that might not be something they would consider

I'm currently operating that Smash is the closest thing to town we've got. Given Batman "picked his team" he can't be third party, therefore I would feel good about Smash for now...but both he and I would need to be revisited once we know more about Arkham.

31 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yest that part I got which is why I felt Nyn was clear town. Arrested <> caught by batman

Clears Smash more than Nyn (I think, but see above...), but it really just shows Nyn is not Batman and vets her comment that she is Robin. We can't entirely eliminate 3rd party, but since Smash didn't really jump when I pointed out her confusion at me not being dead it does make me feel better.

I do keep going back to scum hunting > roles/characters. The role and character for Nyn seems exceedingly town. Shooting/jailing blindly on D1 heading up to a deadline off a feel alone that I was scummy = not overly town. Especially if she's one shot. Makes a ton of sense if she's compulsive, but that also opens the door to SK....especially if Smash/anyone else is not a multi-shot (if there is another - though I wouldn't claim if there is)

1 minute ago, AVM said:

I do keep going back to scum hunting > roles/characters. 

But DPR himself said that roles will be very important in this game, and we need to work together with those roles.  

I do agree, however, that characters are essentially meaningless.

Big FOS for CTM now, too...clearly skimmed this thread if he thinks this is nothing but bastard mod speculation. I pretty clearly stated I got information once I got in here, which I shared. We've talked about the hints and lackthereof from DPR, along with shooting down some of the thoughts from early D1 that we should be thinking about who would be most likely picked - that came from Arsis or 80, if I remember correctly.

Just now, AVM said:

Big FOS for CTM now, too...clearly skimmed this thread if he thinks this is nothing but bastard mod speculation. I pretty clearly stated I got information once I got in here, which I shared. We've talked about the hints and lackthereof from DPR, along with shooting down some of the thoughts from early D1 that we should be thinking about who would be most likely picked - that came from Arsis or 80, if I remember correctly.

That was Arsis.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But DPR himself said that roles will be very important in this game, and we need to work together with those roles.  

I do agree, however, that characters are essentially meaningless.

Not disagreeing with that at all. My broader point is that we shouldn't see jailer/vig and think one thing or another.

There will definitely need to be interaction between the roles, we're just not at a stage where that is possible so scum hunting > that.

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

Not disagreeing with that at all. My broader point is that we shouldn't see jailer/vig and think one thing or another.

There will definitely need to be interaction between the roles, we're just not at a stage where that is possible so scum hunting > that.

I just don't know how exactly we can scumhunt effectively until we see alignments.  We don't know how long it will be until the hard work required of scumhunting will pay off with a scum lynch. 

And scum doesn't have to worry about taking sides yet since no one knows if a competing train features 1 scum, 2 scum or no scum and won't for an undetermined amount of time. 

Hence the malaise of the game currently.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I just don't know how exactly we can scumhunt effectively until we see alignments.  We don't know how long it will be until the hard work required of scumhunting will pay off with a scum lynch.  Hence the malaise of the game currently.

Essentially you treat each day as making a decision on who is playing the most anti-town and put them in here, trying to isolate anti-town play. As more information opens up there is clearly some way to make informed decisions on who was the right and wrong decision to put in here and we/you all/someone? tries to break us/them out.