Arkham Asylum - Town Wins

DPR

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

The result of a lynch is death in games I've played in so what do you think?

He said my ability was to arrest. I questioned it cause I didnt understand what it meant. I was told it was equivalent to the result of a lynch and that it works like a day vig where the phase continues as it were regardless. I 100% thought you were going to die.

And you guys arent necessarily out of the game. That much I was told.

I believe all of the bold. My point was trying to put some of the puzzle pieces together as this thread went up and with that odd wording from DPR...

but that's also not fair, as we know far more now than you did alone then...despite how little we still seemingly know

not fully caught up but need to speak to these

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Well I shared to confirm Nyn as town but now that I think about it she could very well be scum as well. We need to give that some thought because why would DPR give a Night action AND a day action to the scum team. Even if just  possible 1x that seems a little OP for the scum team so we can go by percentages here and say Nyn is town. What ya think ?

Nyn is TowenI believe and I will explain why below

4 hours ago, AVM said:

What I know:

• Anyone in Arkham is still in the game and can return to the full game/thread
  • Alignment is not easily apparent in this game, but is something we can figure out

What I think I know:

• Those of us in Arkham can be further removed from the game, permanently (hence what I was saying about death vs. jailing yesterday)
  • We shouldn't try to play the "this character is scum!" or "this character clearly would be town" game - this is why DPR allowed for unlimited reveals

What I'm wildly speculating:

• As Nyn suggested yesterday it's possible scum have safe reveals...we're playing in a world where people wear masks. The "flavor" could be that people could disguise themselves as someone else...such as Batman having a safe reveal as Nightwing. On my confidence scale 1 being next to none and 10 being extremely confident this is a 2.5.
  • There's an additional mechanic we don't know yet within Arkham. I don't know what I'm thinking here...but I'm wondering if there's more that will happen here other than us sitting and waiting to break out/be broken out. Confidence scale 4...but still gross speculation.

agree with the blue disagree with the red

I received info when I was sent here

not all bad guys are good not all good guys are bad.

so imo that nullifies the argument made (I think by Arsis?) that nyn is scum because she claimed ROBIN.

I think it means that batman is scum and at least one of his teammates (if he has multiple) is a character that is a Bad guy   So whoever Batman picked he got the Penguin for example cause that happened to be Xs character.

I think this plus her fessing up about her action immediately clears nyn.

This also makes me think there arnt safe claims because a) would make giving me this info useless and b) theres still plenty of plausible deniability in the bad guy claims   the only one who might need a  safe claim is batman himself

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AVM said:

@Jetsfan80 that's me that is saying I'm curious about Nyn's reaction. Just speculation...it's only a big deal if Smash can say he wouldn't have had the same reaction.

I very well might have done that on a gut read. giving me a dayshot is very dangerous

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Didn't realize active players participated in this thread. So just to confirm, Smash/Avm and dice are still unknown alignments and can be helping or manipulating town from here?

yes.  tho of course everyone will say they were town

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Well we didnt actually die ..we feel we can be broken out of this place It is a prison and I am the Joker after all ...its what I do.

I think i did because I was NOT told that i can get back into the main thread.

2 hours ago, AVM said:

@Smashmouth - Nyn is saying in the main thread she was told she's equivalent to a day vig. Any thoughts/reaction to this?

Nope if shes arresting people she should have been told it was the equivalent of a lynch not an actual kill (which is what a Vig Does). If she claimed she arrested (citizens arrest) AVM then she's not being truthful IMHO because my citizens arrest is labled same as a lynch.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, AVM said:

More FOS for Arsis

I suspected him from the first words out of his mouth ... I have issue him questioning us when we are here trying to figure this thing out and him trying to call you an ass wipe for it. That seems scummy to me because that was not the case at all . We were bouncing theories off one another so not sure why on earth someone would question that

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

It was said it would have the same effect as a lynch. Obviously at that point I didnt know that it meant no flip and a trip to another thread. I was told it was a like a vig shot cause using it didnt end day or stopped the on going lynch. I specifically asked.

Your vote and reasons seemed shadiest and I was pretty sure I'd get killed early on anyhow so I used it early. Wont do much help when I'm dead.  

Ok so why are people saying NYN said her role was the same as a vig ? When here is obviously aligned with more of what I expected 

1 hour ago, AVM said:

@Integrity28 -- to save you a bit of time on reading the whole thing...

Smash, Dice and I are still very much in the game.

This is helpful.

1 hour ago, AVM said:

I also think there's a mix of genuine confusion and some faux confusion with regards to people ignoring/not looking in the thread. I have zero feel on who, if anyone, is pretending to be a lost sheep but it's an easy way to blend in.

Personally, I’m not confused. I’m over-extended with two kids at home and frankly I don’t want to have to read two threads. That’s the extent of it for me. To go on record.

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

I very well might have done that on a gut read. giving me a dayshot is very dangerous

yes.  tho of course everyone will say they were town

I think i did because I was NOT told that i can get back into the main thread.

I think you are dead because you were actually lynched not sent to jail right ? if it says sent to jail then you are in jail just like AVM and myself

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

I think you are dead because you were actually lynched not sent to jail right ? if it says sent to jail then you are in jail just like AVM and myself

i agree.  i was told i was lynched, that i could post here and only here basically

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Nope if shes arresting people she should have been told it was the equivalent of a lynch not an actual kill (which is what a Vig Does). If she claimed she arrested (citizens arrest) AVM then she's not being truthful IMHO because my citizens arrest is labled same as a lynch.

A LYNCH IS A KILL.

Talking about it in retrospect is all good and well but i used it before the lynch. It's really not that hard to understand. Am I supposed to be a mind reader and know how DPR decided to do it differently than any other game we played in?!

2 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

smash im only here for like 5 more mins if you want anything then i gotta start work   

Dice I went back to re read your scene and you look to have been arrested .... not sure how a lynch  as opposed to a arrest works or if we should even be trying to figure out why,

The way I think this game works is that NO ONE is going to actually die . I think once all scum get locked up or all town get locked up and put in the asylum is how the game ends. So if there are 4 scum and 10 town once 4 scum get sent to jail they lose so they may have more powers than we think. Town may have just a few powers and we should limit or give it a lot of thought on how we use the break out of jail if that does exist. I think every town member who can arrest 1x should hold on to that till end game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Ok so why are people saying NYN said her role was the same as a vig ? When here is obviously aligned with more of what I expected 

Because when I asked the mod for clarification on what it meant he said it was equivalent to a lynch. Then if I asked him if it ended the phase he said no. So I asked him if it was equivalent to a day vig in the sense that the phase and regular lynch happened as usual he said yes.

Seriously how thick can you be? Read AVM's scene and lmk what I actually did, k? Like what are you actually questioning here.

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

A LYNCH IS A KILL.

Talking about it in retrospect is all good and well but i used it before the lynch. It's really not that hard to understand. Am I supposed to be a mind reader and know how DPR decided to do it differently than any other game we played in?!

when I posted that someone had called you a VIG which was incorrect. So keep that in mind and also keep in mind I was posting answewrs to questions while I was catching up in the thread

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Dice I went back to re read your scene and you look to have been arrested .... not sure how a lynch  as opposed to a arrest works or if we should even be trying to figure out why,

The way I think this game works is that NO ONE is going to actually die . I think once all scum get locked up or all town get locked up and put in the asylum is how the game ends. So if there are 4 scum and 10 town once 4 scum get sent to jail they lose so they may have more powers than we think. Town may have just a few powers and we should limit or give it a lot of thought on how we use the break out of jail if that does exist. I think every town member who can arrest 1x should hold on to that till end game.

You're wrong. I was told players can leave the extra thread and come back somehow to the game thread.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

when I posted that someone had called you a VIG which was incorrect. So keep that in mind and also keep in mind I was posting answewrs to questions while I was catching up in the thread

I saw it as being a day vig cause I thought he was going to DIE and that's how it was portrayed to me. I never claimed vig. I just took ownership for what went down with avm. Read my reveal and stop wasting my time.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Because when I asked the mod for clarification on what it meant he said it was equivalent to a lynch. Then if I asked him if it ended the phase he said no. So I asked him if it was equivalent to a day vig in the sense that the phase and regular lynch happened as usual he said yes.

Seriously how thick can you be? Read AVM's scene and lmk what I actually did, k? Like what are you actually questioning here.

So it says you can arrest but it does not say (its the equivalent of a lynch) in your PM ?

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

You're wrong. I was told players can leave the extra thread and come back somehow to the game thread.

then how am I wrong ? Im saying they can come back but if they all get stuck in the asylum thread that faction(town/scum) loses. Obviously we dont have 10 escape from jail cards so when they run out the people who are stuck in jail (asylum) are all but dead and cant vote in the game thread.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So it says you can arrest but it does not say (its the equivalent of a lynch) in your PM ?

It does say it. But he kept going on about it sending the person to "jail" when we talked and I didnt understand what it meant so I drilled him about it and he eventually said it's more like a day vig in how it works.

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Shes no a Vig 

What do you mean? She had a day "arrest", that flavor is consistent with a town aligned person in this theme, since Batman is bad now. It would also be consistent with a lynch I think. What doesn't make sense is how batmans "kill" ended up here, as a bad guy wouldn't send someone to jail imo, which maybe makes all the mod gaming a dead end?

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm not wrong. There are only so many ways to get out of jail its not infinite. So lets say town has 4 escape from jail roles and scum has 4 escape from jail roles. We have to use those roles and arrests to try and get all scum in jail at the same time. The first side to run out of those roles is going to not be able to free people from jail and possibly lose the game.

5 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Why would he tell a random town powerole that information?

Ask him.

And im clearly not the only one who's been told this as others have commented as well similarly. Like 80.

If I was scum why would I share this information?

1 minute ago, CTM said:

What do you mean? She had a day "arrest", that flavor is consistent with a town aligned person in this theme, since Batman is bad now. It would also be consistent with a lynch I think. What doesn't make sense is how batmans "kill" ended up here, as a bad guy wouldn't send someone to jail imo, which maybe makes all the mod gaming a dead end?

I'm talking about the traditional way the role works. So se sent AVM to jail she did not kill him like a vig would. Not really important just the way someone worded it earlier was a little confusing

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Ask him.

And im clearly not the only one who's been told this as others have commented as well similarly. Like 80.

If I was scum why would I share this information?

A slip because you assumed everyone had the information?