Arkham Asylum - Town Wins

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

People are very angry in the Asylum.

We are all mad to begin with but you throw us in an Asylum .....

I've always imagined you as our own Hulk. Your secret is you're always angry ?

• Haha 3

I'm really conflicted on Arsis and kind of want him sent here. If he's Batman there's been no sign of a killing role yet so I don't see how we could get rid of him without sending him here eventually (though as Nyn pointed out if Batman could get a vest plus my assumptions would imply there will be...eventually). Someone help me out here, what's the worst case? He's Batman and gets in here and can kill anyone in prison? But also couldn't vote, at least temporarily (until he was broken out, if so)

Otherwise he's part of the game mechanic to get Arkham going...or allow for escapes?

38 minutes ago, AVM said:

I'm really conflicted on Arsis and kind of want him sent here. If he's Batman there's been no sign of a killing role yet so I don't see how we could get rid of him without sending him here eventually (though as Nyn pointed out if Batman could get a vest plus my assumptions would imply there will be...eventually). Someone help me out here, what's the worst case? He's Batman and gets in here and can kill anyone in prison? But also couldn't vote, at least temporarily (until he was broken out, if so)

Otherwise he's part of the game mechanic to get Arkham going...or allow for escapes?

over thinking it now. 

Town wins when all scum are in the asylum ... That can be difficult if they have get out of jail roles. In that case they would have to be sent twice. 

If town has get out of jail roles they need to use them wisely. Once they are used up there is no way out of jail ...Thats the way I think this plays out. You can play all the variables to that, as there are a few, and take it from there. How will scum use those roles is the key same with town

Time to update my what do I know, what do I think, and what am I grossly assuming table. Bolded green = new.

What I know:

• Everyone in Arkham is still in the game** in the sense that we can influence and help town figure out the clues/puzzle
    • but not everyone can be broken out. However, either scum or town could be broken out...so we need to be careful when the time comes
  • Alignment is not easily apparent in this game, but is something we can figure out
  • While we're still in the game, we are in prison - if scum equals or exceeds our numbers outside Arkham we will lose
  • Theme matters - Batman isn't just a super hero, he's a detective. There are a lot of puzzle pieces out there we need to put together. DPR's point that roles would have to work together is likely one of the most important pieces of information we've had to date

What I think I know:

• Those of us in Arkham can be further removed from the game, permanently (hence what I was saying about death vs. jailing yesterday)
    • I still think we can be further removed from the game, but I'm not sure an unlimited number of people could be removed...there may only be a limited number of "kill" shots
  • We shouldn't try to play the "this character is scum!" or "this character clearly would be town" game - this is why DPR allowed for unlimited reveals

What I'm wildly speculating:

• As Nyn suggested yesterday it's possible scum have safe reveals...we're playing in a world where people wear masks. The "flavor" could be that people could disguise themselves as someone else...such as Batman having a safe reveal as Nightwing. On my confidence scale 1 being next to none and 10 being extremely confident this is a 2.5. But I don't really think this matters all that much...
  • There's an additional mechanic we don't know yet within Arkham. I don't know what I'm thinking here...but I'm wondering if there's more that will happen here other than us sitting and waiting to break out/be broken out. Confidence scale 2 or 3. I'm not really sure what to expect, but I do think the vast majority of us will stay in here once we're here. Very limited opportunities to break people out is now what I'm thinking, and breaking out the wrong people will burn us badly.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

over thinking it now. 

Town wins when all scum are in the asylum ... That can be difficult if they have get out of jail roles. In that case they would have to be sent twice. 

If town has get out of jail roles they need to use them wisely. Once they are used up there is no way out of jail ...Thats the way I think this plays out. You can play all the variables to that, as there are a few, and take it from there. How will scum use those roles is the key same with town

This I am 100% in agreement with.

13 minutes ago, Arsis said:

I'm Catwoman town thiefx1

Once I could "steal" a role but it's actually just a 1x role block.

I blocked smash n1 because I thought I'd die so I didn't holster and I used a random number generator to pick him.

Can you explain the steal vs. block thing a bit?

27 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Hes a damn mystery plays the same every game little content waits for end game like I do

Yes, he does play similar.  I think your discussion points put you in my town pile plus I think I see where DPR is going with this.  Forcing active voters into discussion and votes.  So IMO, anyone not attempting to solve the puzzle is obvious scum so my WTL pile includes JETS, SMC, and Pac to start.  All that after we put Batman in here.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Arsis said:

I blocked smash n1 because I thought I'd die so I didn't holster and I used a random number generator to pick him.

Not really helping your cause.  Hope to see you in here soon.

23 minutes ago, AVM said:

I legitimately thought Arsis was trying to get sent in here...now seems he's not. Never really thought he was Batman, just thought it was a blatant attempt to get in here.

Confused.

It's just flavor.

It says steal but I can't use it so it's basically a block. If I steal a power it can't be used.

9 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Not really helping your cause.  Hope to see you in here soon.

I will laugh when it's true.

I've never fake claimed in any game. Everything I've ever claimed was always mostly true.

It's more fun that way.

I'm batman.

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In here? Where the hell are we? 

Where? The better question is WHEN the hell are we?*

back to the future GIF

*actually when doesn't matter at all

13 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

In my eyes yes.  Call it a hunch plus Nyn wanted him lynched so why not?  

BTW, you look town, are you?  Who you want to join you in here?  

I am, and I want to get out of here. Still trying to decide what to make of Arsis' actual reveal. The answer is definitely not Nyn...would actually put 80 next.

I'm curious if we should bring JiF in here. I 100% buy his reveal, but it would keep him from being recruited...or at least recruited and counting towards scum numbers. If we run out of time it's not a bad option. @JiF thoughts? With your reveal you're either going to be a target from scum or a target to come in here really soon (or both)..

8 minutes ago, Arsis said:

It's just flavor.

It says steal but I can't use it so it's basically a block. If I steal a power it can't be used.

The language would jive with Nyn's confusion on vig vs. jailer. Should go back and see how he reacted to that conversation yesterday.

50 minutes ago, Arsis said:

That makes no sense to me. If you are a thief and you steal a lets say a "break out of jail role" what's the point of blocking that ? I could understand aquiring such a role but blocking it makes no sense what so ever  AlsoWhy did you think you would die ? 

38 minutes ago, AVM said:

I legitimately thought Arsis was trying to get sent in here...now seems he's not. Never really thought he was Batman, just thought it was a blatant attempt to get in here.

Confused.

Hes probably telling the truth about his role but not his alignment ...he's probably scum and can steal a role from one of us.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AVM said:

Where? The better question is WHEN the hell are we?*

back to the future GIF

*actually when doesn't matter at all

I am, and I want to get out of here. Still trying to decide what to make of Arsis' actual reveal. The answer is definitely not Nyn...would actually put 80 next.

I'm curious if we should bring JiF in here. I 100% buy his reveal, but it would keep him from being recruited...or at least recruited and counting towards scum numbers. If we run out of time it's not a bad option. @JiF thoughts? With your reveal you're either going to be a target from scum or a target to come in here really soon (or both)..

Yeah, that's why I revealed.  Lynch away