Charlie FA Weis Trolls The Jets As Usual

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yes he is definitely set for 2021 regardless. I thought what he was saying though pertained to the 2020 supplemental draft. I was asking if there was any talk about Lawrence petitioning the league to enter that. 

I doubt he would be approved but was just curious if that was an actual rumor.

I guess my point was that there's no benefit to him doing that. It would cost him millions.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yes he is definitely set for 2021 regardless. I thought what he was saying though pertained to the 2020 supplemental draft. I was asking if there was any talk about Lawrence petitioning the league to enter that. 

I doubt he would be approved but was just curious if that was an actual rumor.

it would take a rule change and would open floodgates for any other of last year's sophomores to apply for Supp draft.  But what we probably will see instead is a very large number from this year's junior class applying for supp draft, including guys like RB Travis Etiene

33 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

No. Lawrence doesn't care if there's a college season. He's the #1 pick in the 2021 draft regardless of whether there's a college season. Frankly, he has no real reason to play in 2020.

This

44 minutes ago, JBL7 said:

It's so hard to listen to that show because of him. The mouth breathing, the non stop snot sniffling like he's a 4 year old who needs somebody to  help him blow his nose. And he repeats himself all the time like Jimmy Two Times. You know what I mean you know what I mean...

He's disgusting to listen too and to look at. I've been hoping they would replace him since he started.

I’m praying they replace him. I’m stuck listening to him driving into work every morning if I want to listen to the NFL. 

He wasn’t made for radio or TV. He’s so fat that he breezes into the mic like a tired bulldog and he looks like 400 pounds of chewed up bubble gum in stretch pants.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I don't see them tanking. More than anything Belichick wants to prove that the Pats' success was more because of him than Brady. He loses that argument if they suck this year.

No he doesn’t. He blames the draft on his dog and then Goodell gets his sack back back by putting Belli out to pasture for the latest team   taping. That’s why we haven’t heard anything about it. Belli can’t lose fave if he’s not coaching. 

52 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No no I'm sure BB has his eye on some QB from Lenoir Rhine instead lol

I like it when people say they are happy with the one they got, that’s why they didn’t get Dalton. They didn’t get Dalton because the tank is on. Bellis pride wouldn’t even let him be seen drafting that crap so he put his dog in the chair. LOL

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’m praying they replace him. I’m stuck listening to him driving into work every morning if I want to listen to the NFL. 

He wasn’t made for radio or TV. He’s so fat that he breezes into the mic like a tired bulldog and he looks like 400 pounds of chewed up bubble gum in stretch pants.

? Other than that, it's a great show to listen too.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He puts up a dud of a season (Jones is more than capable of that) and the Giants go 3-13....you'd better believe they'll be in the market for a QB.  

Yes and you better believe Trevor Lawrence won’t be the one. He’s bringing his pretty to New England. 

Never even thought about this. Is that an actual possibility?

Jim Harbaugh was talking about players forgoing next year’s college season. Come July if there is serious doubt in the CFB season, you will see players jump ship. If the NFL try to block it, you will see players sue.

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Jim Harbaugh was talking about players forgoing next year’s college season. Come July if there is serious doubt in the CFB season, you will see players jump ship. If the NFL try to block it, you will see players sue.

I don’t see how they are going to have regular college classes next Fall semester.  Without college classes how can they have a college fb season that is supposed to be the players’ compensation 

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t see how they are going to have regular college classes next Fall semester.  Without college classes how can they have a college fb season that is supposed to be the players’ compensation 

It’s not like half of the players go to class anyway lol 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JBL7 said:

It's so hard to listen to that show because of him. The mouth breathing, the non stop snot sniffling like he's a 4 year old who needs somebody to  help him blow his nose. And he repeats himself all the time like Jimmy Two Times. You know what I mean you know what I mean...

He's disgusting to listen too and to look at. I've been hoping they would replace him since he started.

One other thing that annoys me about him is his constant reference to "Tommy".  Tommy this Tommy that, when Tommy and I used to do this.   No one calls Tom Brady "Tommy" but somehow Wise wants to show they are BFFs.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Dinamite said:

One other thing that annoys me about him is his constant reference to "Tommy".  Tommy this Tommy that, when Tommy and I used to do this.   No one calls Tom Brady "Tommy" but somehow Wise wants to show they are BFFs.

Weis wants credit for Brady being the GOAT.  That’s his little dog whistle 

On 5/12/2020 at 10:42 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

No. Lawrence doesn't care if there's a college season. He's the #1 pick in the 2021 draft regardless of whether there's a college season. Frankly, he has no real reason to play in 2020.

Isn't that what people said about Tua, before he trashed his hip? Teams would be trading multiple first round picks to trade up for Tua. Went 5th, and many thought he would fall further than that. If there is a college season and Lawrence suffers a serious injury, it could definitely affect his draft position next year.

3 hours ago, viffer said:

Isn't that what people said about Tua, before he trashed his hip? Teams would be trading multiple first round picks to trade up for Tua. Went 5th, and many thought he would fall further than that. If there is a college season and Lawrence suffers a serious injury, it could definitely affect his draft position next year.

1) Trevor Lawrence is the best prospect since Luck, or arguably Manning. He's not Tua. Injuries happen, but he'd be the 1st pick even with a torn ACL -- it would take a career altering Alex Smith type injury to prevent that, IMO.

2) My entire point was that he'd never go in the supplemental draft in the event of a cancelled college season because in the event of a cancelled college season he's a lock to go number one. So we agree that he's a lock for one if he doesn't play, I guess.

On 5/12/2020 at 9:13 AM, New York Mick said:

I don’t think they’ll lose enough games to be in a spot to get him. 

Yeah Pats will win 5-6 games and maybe sneak out another win or two based on good D and good HC. Also, spying helps as well. 

16 hours ago, Dinamite said:

He could be talking about a squirrel farting in Asia and make it about the Pats, Brady or Belly. It’s ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:18 AM, nycdan said:

Unless a team like CIN blows enough chunks to get the #1 pick again.  That's about the only scenario I can see where the pick could get traded, but oh the haul they would get.

If I’m cincy in that situation, I’m taking Lawrence and trading Burrow.

University of California is now going virtual next fall.