If the season is cancelled -- how do they determine draft order?

Was just thinking about this in the Charlie Weis thread. Let's say the 2020 season is cancelled, or even drastically reduced (let's say in early October it gets cancelled after 3 games when a new wave pops up.)

How will they determine draft order? Seems like a fairly major issue for those coveting Trevor Lawrence.

I'm thinking some kind of weighted lottery that factors in 2019 record as well? What say you?

I would think it would have to be an even playing field for all teams via a lottery.   You can't go based on 2019 bc a draft and an entire FA period happened.  Teams that were bad in 2019 could be good now and teams who were good could be bad.  That would be a crazy lottery draw though. 

It's not getting cancelled. I'm over this quarantine sh*t and I make a pittance of what these dudes do. Half these idiots live paycheck to paycheck. Owners don't care. I guarantee the season will happen. This will be the best payoff for the PSL owners yet. They get some money back for a year

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Probably the way they do the supplemental draft.

3 groups and lotteries within those brackets.

1st group: non playoff teams with 6 or less wins

2nd group: non playoff teams with more than 6 wins

3rd group: playoff teams

They do a lottery within those groups. So the Jets would pick in the 11-20 range.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

How big of a dick they are or how big they have?

I like our chances if it goes smallest cock drafts first. 

It better be smallest is last, otherwise Robert Kraft is getting the 1st pick.  We know this from ancient Korean scripture.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

If the season is played virtually, they better re-sign Petty.

Dude learned a TON of coverages playing Madden. 

Did he ever turn on bad weather (in particular, rain) when he practiced playing Madden though?

8 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Was just thinking about this in the Charlie Weis thread. Let's say the 2020 season is cancelled, or even drastically reduced (let's say in early October it gets cancelled after 3 games when a new wave pops up.)

How will they determine draft order? Seems like a fairly major issue for those coveting Trevor Lawrence.

I'm thinking some kind of weighted lottery that factors in 2019 record as well? What say you?

max decides

7 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

It's not getting cancelled. I'm over this quarantine sh*t and I make a pittance of what these dudes do. Half these idiots live paycheck to paycheck. Owners don't care. I guarantee the season will happen. This will be the best payoff for the PSL owners yet. They get some money back for a year

"Im over this quarantine sh*t"...…...to bad you aren't Dr. Fauci or a Governor. 

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Never going to happen. They are gonna get that TV money.

And if there is a massive outbreak in several NFL cities or one team has it run through the locker room, money won’t matter. What if one of these players dies? Come on. This is common sense. 

• Thumb Down 1