Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
UntouchableCrew

If the season is cancelled -- how do they determine draft order?

Recommended Posts

Was just thinking about this in the Charlie Weis thread. Let's say the 2020 season is cancelled, or even drastically reduced (let's say in early October it gets cancelled after 3 games when a new wave pops up.)

How will they determine draft order? Seems like a fairly major issue for those coveting Trevor Lawrence.

I'm thinking some kind of weighted lottery that factors in 2019 record as well? What say you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think it would have to be an even playing field for all teams via a lottery.   You can't go based on 2019 bc a draft and an entire FA period happened.  Teams that were bad in 2019 could be good now and teams who were good could be bad.  That would be a crazy lottery draw though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not getting cancelled. I'm over this quarantine sh*t and I make a pittance of what these dudes do. Half these idiots live paycheck to paycheck. Owners don't care. I guarantee the season will happen. This will be the best payoff for the PSL owners yet. They get some money back for a year

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the way they do the supplemental draft.

3 groups and lotteries within those brackets.

1st group: non playoff teams with 6 or less wins

2nd group: non playoff teams with more than 6 wins

3rd group: playoff teams

They do a lottery within those groups. So the Jets would pick in the 11-20 range.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They assume the Pats would have tanked and give them Lawrence.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

penis size of owner.

 

127DA339-19AD-4998-B823-2C026C63C100.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

How big of a dick they are or how big they have?

 

I like our chances if it goes smallest cock drafts first. 

It better be smallest is last, otherwise Robert Kraft is getting the 1st pick.  We know this from ancient Korean scripture.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

deleted

Edited by Big_Slick
don't want to get into a political discussion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0% chance it is cancelled 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the season is played virtually, they better re-sign Petty.

Dude learned a TON of coverages playing Madden. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ECURB said:

0% chance it is cancelled 

You don’t know that and there’s obviously a better than zero percent chance. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

If the season is played virtually, they better re-sign Petty.

Dude learned a TON of coverages playing Madden. 

Did he ever turn on bad weather (in particular, rain) when he practiced playing Madden though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dcat said:

penis size of owner.

kinda weird that the first thing that came to your mind was dicks

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You don’t know that and there’s obviously a better than zero percent chance. 

Never going to happen. They are gonna get that TV money.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gnarly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season is getting nixed and it will prob stay the same order as this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Was just thinking about this in the Charlie Weis thread. Let's say the 2020 season is cancelled, or even drastically reduced (let's say in early October it gets cancelled after 3 games when a new wave pops up.)

How will they determine draft order? Seems like a fairly major issue for those coveting Trevor Lawrence.

I'm thinking some kind of weighted lottery that factors in 2019 record as well? What say you?

max decides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

It's not getting cancelled. I'm over this quarantine sh*t and I make a pittance of what these dudes do. Half these idiots live paycheck to paycheck. Owners don't care. I guarantee the season will happen. This will be the best payoff for the PSL owners yet. They get some money back for a year

"Im over this quarantine sh*t"...…...to bad you aren't Dr. Fauci or a Governor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Never going to happen. They are gonna get that TV money.

And if there is a massive outbreak in several NFL cities or one team has it run through the locker room, money won’t matter. What if one of these players dies? Come on. This is common sense. 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dcat said:

penis size of owner.

I think that means we pick 32nd.  What if the owner is a woman?  is there any women owners?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Well, can't go wrong with a Woody Johnson then.

Except we are the JETS and I’m sure he loses there too.....😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...