If the season is cancelled -- how do they determine draft order?

4 hours ago, thshadow said:

If the NFL season is canceled, why would you think there'd be a college one?  I'd think that there's no college season, no draft, everyone gets another year of eligibility.

They would grant players that 3rd year and make them draft eligible. I think you would see some loosening of the rules for undrafted players. Can't keep people from making money.

On 5/12/2020 at 3:19 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Rock , paper and scissors ? 

I was going to go with eenie meenie miney moe, or musical chairs, but your idea works also.

In all seriousness though, how crazy would the '21 draft be if there's no college or NFL seasons this year?

If it’s a very short season, they will use the tables and several tiebreakers. If no season, they may just go with 2018 standings, giving Bengals another first. Though I wouldn’t agree with it. I like the lottery idea but there has to be some sort of stipulation in the CBA about daft positions after a lockout/cancelled season. 

8 hours ago, CurtMart said:

Packers get first pick then. 
Pats would be last. That pit stop at the Asian massage parlor was quicker than a quickie. 

But is it "reverse order" of size?  In the NFL, worst record picks first.  Well in this case, how do we know that largest picks first? If it's the other way around, as I would expect, than Kraft gets first pick (corroborated by various Korean sources).?  And the cumulative length of Green Bay ownership is an interesting blip.