Manish: Jets Believe they will sign Logan Ryan

All jokes aside, this is the move I wanted to happen. The CB position was too questionable behind Desir and Poole. 

Now hopefully Mehta has got his facts straight for a change and we get this done. 

• Upvote 1

If we do get Logan, (and I still don't believe that comes out of Mehta's sewer) that defense is actually something that legitimately looks Top 10 and maybe even top 5 potential.  The depth at LB is STACKED and the CB's would be great rotation.  All kind of depends if we can get up the pass rush numbers a bit.

• Post of the Week 1

Douglas went on the Kay show a month ago and talked about how much he liked Winters. So I don’t know if we’ll be releasing him to free up more money. But the Trumaine Johnson relief comes June 1. So we will have some more spending money even beyond the money needed for signing draft picks. 

We aren't getting rid of Winters.  We need OL depth and he played an entire season with half his shoulder hanging off.  Douglas rewards that kind of effort because he wants to send a message to the locker room.  The days of half assing it and trying to work your way around rehab and playing hard are over.  You sacrifice or you are gone.  And if you go that extra mile you are rewarded.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

With this hypothetical signing, what does our CB depth chart look like now?

A lot better. 

Ryan, Desir, Poole, Maulet, Austin, Hall. 

No true #1, but a lot of depth and good enough players.