Manish: Jets Believe they will sign Logan Ryan

10 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Why in the world would we care to keep the dolphins from overspending? 

That wasn’t my main point. My point was: we lose a CB we need, and the Dolphins get stronger in the process. 

The money part was just a secondary point. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow, Rapoport making it sound like it’s a matter of time. Could be like the Van Roten thing where Douglas just waited him out

Yep, especially when he said its a deal that "should happen" They just did another segment very similar to the one I posted, except in this one Garafolo went a step further saying Dolphins don't seem to be interested enough to pry him away from the Jets. He then said "Ryans best chance at a return to the league right now seems to be with the Jets"

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Ryan using the jets to get the dolphins to give more $$

id rather have Peters and/or Clowney anyway

I believe that it's the other way around. Logan's agent is trying to get the Jets to bid against themselves like the Jets of old but there's a new sheriff in town and those days are over. 

"The Dolphins already spent big at cornerback this offseason, landing former Cowboy Byron Jones on a five-year, $82.5 million contract, including $57 million guaranteed — making him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL. They also signed cornerback Xavien Howard to a five-year, $76.5 million extension last May and then drafted Auburn cornerback Noah Igbinoghene with the 30th-overall pick in April’s draft."

I don't believe that the Phins are seriously considering allocating more of their cap dollars to another DB.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I believe that it's the other way around. Logan's agent is trying to get the Jets to bid against themselves like the Jets of old but there's a new sheriff in town and those days are over. 

"The Dolphins already spent big at cornerback this offseason, landing former Cowboy Byron Jones on a five-year, $82.5 million contract, including $57 million guaranteed — making him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL. They also signed cornerback Xavien Howard to a five-year, $76.5 million extension last May and then drafted Auburn cornerback Noah Igbinoghene with the 30th-overall pick in April’s draft."

I don't believe that the Phins are seriously considering allocating more of their cap dollars to another DB.

The Dolphins are expected to have about 13-15 million in cap space after their draft picks are signed. This is after the enormous contracts they’ve already given out. Will they be tempted to put a cherry on top of this secondary rebuild by giving Logan Ryan 10 million? 

That’s a lot of money tied up in the secondary, with Byron Jones (5/82) and Xavier Howard (5/75) getting paid. Jones is getting 40 guaranteed in the first 2 years! 

So while it’s tempting to say the Dolphins would be crazy to sign Logan for 10 million, you can also make the argument that they’re already nuts overpaying drastically for Byron Jones, a good but hardly great CB who hit the jackpot. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I just see my alarm. Logan Ryan to the Jets at 9:30 AM

Definitely will be watching myself, my initial reaction was he’s going to announce where he’s going.... but the more I think about it the more he’s probably just going on to posture and say how many teams are interested and he’s taking his time lol I guess we’ll find out soon enough 

14 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I just set my alarm. Logan Ryan to the Jets at 9:30 AM

It would be cool if he did. 

But I agree with Jetlife33. He’s gonna say multiple teams want him, taking his time to find the right match, etc. 

But his tweet worked. I’ll be watching GMFB at the designated time. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Go make a sandwich, Alex. 

Watch Ozark. All three Godfathers. 

It’s probably gonna be awhile. 

this is actually an excellent plan ... he will def fall asleep during GF3 

50 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

It would be cool if he did. 

But I agree with Jetlife33. He’s gonna say multiple teams want him, taking his time to find the right match, etc. 

But his tweet worked. I’ll be watching GMFB at the designated time. 

As an example, LeSean McCoy was on the same show this morning saying basically what we both predict is going to happen tomorrow. Many teams interested, taking his time. 

55 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This is the Nnamdi situation all over again. 

I joke. I think Ryan will make our team better tho. If he signs with Miami, then we can focus on other key free agents or wait until roster cuts. 

The Nnamdi situation ended a really good era in Jets football and began a decade of futility so maybe this will reverse that and we can see good Jets football again?