Jump to content

Manish: Jets Believe they will sign Logan Ryan


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I believe that it's the other way around. Logan's agent is trying to get the Jets to bid against themselves like the Jets of old but there's a new sheriff in town and those days are over. 

"The Dolphins already spent big at cornerback this offseason, landing former Cowboy Byron Jones on a five-year, $82.5 million contract, including $57 million guaranteed — making him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL. They also signed cornerback Xavien Howard to a five-year, $76.5 million extension last May and then drafted Auburn cornerback Noah Igbinoghene with the 30th-overall pick in April’s draft."

I don't believe that the Phins are seriously considering allocating more of their cap dollars to another DB.

Disagree.  Phish traded Minkah

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's Manish article : "Jets to sign Ryan - smart move by Joe Douglas". Tomorrow's Manish article: "Jets insult Pierre Desir by signing Ryan - stupid move by Adam Gase".

believe they will sign? When I was 10, I believed I would marry April from the Ninja Turtles. 

¡ADIOS JAMÁL!

Posted Images

I don't want Ryan at $10 mil. I would gladly take him on a JD ripoff special. I'd probably prefer Warford over Ryan if I had to pick only one because he is at least a guy who we will want to be here beyond this season. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AFerg726 said:

I don't want Ryan at $10 mil. I would gladly take him on a JD ripoff special. I'd probably prefer Warford over Ryan if I had to pick only one because he is at least a guy who we will want to be here beyond this season. 

I’d rather have Warford and Clowney

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

 

Yeah.  Even getting him 10 mill a year is an issue.  And it's obvious that Ryan's not getting even that from probably any team.  Sorry.  It doesn't matter how many morning chat shows he does.  I am all for chiseling but know your range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Giants may be in on him now.

Lol I broke my phone and come back 3 days later to find out that the Jets are still believing, the Dolphins want him and now the Giants are in on him.

definently looking like premature ramble by Mehta at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d imagine a lot of teams would “be in” on Ryan for $6mm per but zero (0) teams want him at $10mm. Teams need three good CBs to compete these days, meaning that there is a need for 96 really good corners. The fact that Ryan is on the street in mid-May should be a reality check for him, yet here we are, with him on the NFL Network basically begging for offers. He’s going to end up signing a cheap one-year deal while saying that he can’t wait to test the market next year, where, his agent will convince him, teams will be tripping over themselves to pay him his mythical $10 mil.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d imagine a lot of teams would “be in” on Ryan for $6mm per but zero (0) teams want him at $10mm. Teams need three good CBs to compete these days, meaning that there is a need for 96 really good corners. The fact that Ryan is on the street in mid-May should be a reality check for him, yet here we are, with him on the NFL Network basically begging for offers. He’s going to end up signing a cheap one-year deal while saying that he can’t wait to test the market next year, where, his agent will convince him, teams will be tripping over themselves to pay him his mythical $10 mil.

Nailed it, and the effects that’s going to happen, in all business, including the NFL on salary’s due to C19.

Contracts for Foreseeable Future, will trend down not up for a while.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

Sign Warford and Peters. Protect Sam. 

Jets Guards: Lewis (3 years, 18.6 million)  Van Roten (3 years 10.5 million) Winters (8 million) Clarke (promising rookie)

 

Jets Tackles: Becton, Fant (3 years, 27 million) Edoga. 
 

Warford probably isn’t happening based on salaries and depth. Peters would push Fant to the bench with a salary too big for a backup. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’d rather have Warford and Clowney

If Clowney comes back to reality and lowers his asking price significantly, maybe he’d be an option. But his comments suggest he wants to be on a contender, too. And I’m not sure the Jets are quite there yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 11:27 PM, lauderdale jet said:

Well this explains why no one has signed him as of yet 

the dudes living in a alternate reality 

Macc would pay him.

I see Trumaine part 2 with this Jagoff. Don't over pay this clown.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Manish says his source thinks it'll happen.

Cimini says he thinks it's gonna' happen.

Rapoport says teams still talking and a deal makes sense between the two sides.

Feel like  it's inevitable but I'd rather they sign Jason Peters TBH.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

Jets Guards: Lewis (3 years, 18.6 million)  Van Roten (3 years 10.5 million) Winters (8 million) Clarke (promising rookie)

 

Jets Tackles: Becton, Fant (3 years, 27 million) Edoga. 
 

Warford probably isn’t happening based on salaries and depth. Peters would push Fant to the bench with a salary too big for a backup. 

You cut Winters and pay Warford with the savings and prob have a bit left over to contribute to Peters salary at same time...

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing there’s a deal on the table that is tied to Trumaine’s money coming off the books in June.  If Logan can sign for more money before June 1st he will, if he can’t, he’s going to be a Jet this year. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Mannish is a fkn Tool and j think the jets have want no part in signing another slot cb especially for $10 mill

Depending on who you read, Logan can play both inside and outside. He’s not just a slot CB. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I’m guessing there’s a deal on the table that is tied to Trumaine’s money coming off the books in June.  If Logan can sign for more money before June 1st he will, if he can’t, he’s going to be a Jet this year. 

That money means very little.  Likely creates less than $2 million in cap space after the rookies are signed.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AFJF said:

That money means very little.  Likely creates less than $2 million in cap space after the rookies are signed.

I thought it cleared $4M (this year) and that the rookie class would cost us ~$8M. 

I also thought we we sitting at close to $15M so we would need that extra money to sign Logan to $10M. 

But then again I don’t really know cap stuff or why Jason at OTC is counting $610,000 for each rookie because of the top-51 displacement rule this time of year.

Lets just say that 15-8 = less than Logan Ryan is willing to sign for right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Jets Guards: Lewis (3 years, 18.6 million)  Van Roten (3 years 10.5 million) Winters (8 million) Clarke (promising rookie)

 

Jets Tackles: Becton, Fant (3 years, 27 million) Edoga. 
 

Warford probably isn’t happening based on salaries and depth. Peters would push Fant to the bench with a salary too big for a backup. 

So cut Winters and sign Warford

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I thought it cleared $4M (this year) and that the rookie class would cost us ~$8M. 

I also thought we we sitting at close to $15M so we would need that extra money to sign Logan to $10M. 

But then again I don’t really know cap stuff or why Jason at OTC is counting $610,000 for each rookie because of the top-51 displacement rule this time of year.

Lets just say that 15-8 = less than Logan Ryan is willing to sign for right now. 

They save $11 million on Tru this season and rookie class expected to be in the $8-10 mil range.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the bonuses to hiring a front office full of guys who’ve been around the league and are connected (Hogan, Douglas, Savage, etc) is that the Jets seem to have a better handle on the market for these players. Whereas Maccagnan seemed to get repeatedly duped into overpaying everyone he signed, Douglas has been able to either wait these guys out or move on very quickly. There’s none of this silliness with chasing free agents all over the country and upping the offer every day, only to get burned at the last minute.
 

Possibly bodes well for the Jamal Adams negotiations, too. It would appear that exactly nobody else was in a rush to trade for an expensive strong safety, so Adams lacks some leverage there in a “pay me or trade me” situation. IMO, Adams is going to have to eat an Eddie Jackson contract or Douglas will string him out like the Cowboys are doing to Dak. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So cut Winters and sign Warford

I won’t speak for JD, but I believe he signed two guards in FA (Lewis and Van Roten) to be the starting guards. 
 

It appears that the ship has sailed. JD doesn’t seem like the type of GM to sit a guy on the bench making starter money. Now, obviously I could be wrong. If we start the season with the previous two guys I mentioned and Winters, then I’m wrong. But I don’t expect Winters to be on this roster moving forward. Unless he takes a massive pay cut. And if you sign Warford, now Van Roten sits. It doesn’t make sense from a financial perspective. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Prez33 said:

I won’t speak for JD, but I believe he signed two guards in FA (Lewis and Van Roten) to be the starting guards. 
 

It appears that the ship has sailed. JD doesn’t seem like the type of GM to sit a guy on the bench making starter money. Now, obviously I could be wrong. If we start the season with the previous two guys I mentioned and Winters, then I’m wrong. But I don’t expect Winters to be on this roster moving forward. Unless he takes a massive pay cut. And if you sign Warford, now Van Roten sits. It doesn’t make sense from a financial perspective. 

Lewis can be depth 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 3:24 PM, Prez33 said:

Jets Guards: Lewis (3 years, 18.6 million)  Van Roten (3 years 10.5 million) Winters (8 million) Clarke (promising rookie)

 

Jets Tackles: Becton, Fant (3 years, 27 million) Edoga. 
 

Warford probably isn’t happening based on salaries and depth. Peters would push Fant to the bench with a salary too big for a backup. 

Obviously Winters would be cut if Warford signed bc you'd no longer have a competition at RG and can't pay a backup Guard $8 million.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 5:33 PM, AFJF said:

That money means very little.  Likely creates less than $2 million in cap space after the rookies are signed.

The Jets only need about $3 in cap space to sign their rookies.  You have to consider that they are replacing guys who are currently counting in the cap number.  So you have to subtract those 10 cap numbers first then add the rookie contacts in.  The difference is about $3 million in new cap charges. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...