Top Ten WRs in Jets History

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I hated Keyshawn but to have him at #9 holy cow

Who do you put him over though? Coles? Toon? Walker? Sauer? Rob Moore has similar numbers with over 100 less targets...

1 hour ago, Vader said:

Because I’m bored and need more sports. QB convo was interesting but depressing....If Sam Darnold throws for like 7K yards this year he’s too 5....

Without much research here’s my list — I’ll let your big brains do the research and provide a more accurate And comprehensive data-driven list and argumentation 

1. Don Maynard. Despite a zero-catch super bowl, the stats don’t lie. Over 10k yds and 80+ TDs

2. Wayne Chrebet. The legend more than the stats and the stats are also there.

3. Wesley Walker. 19 yds / catch, 71 TD, despite < 500 catches, 8300 yds...

4. George Sauer. Seems like someone from Sheboygan Wisconsin should be on the list. Plus stats awards and postseason.

5. Al Toon. All-Pro 1x. Almost identical with coles on stats 

6. Laverneous Coles. However you spell it. 

7. Rob Moore. Almost identical w Keyshawn on stats with many fewer targets, except Tds. 

8. Jericho Cotchery. 6th Jets all time in receptions.

9. Keyshawn. TDs per reception...

10. Robbie Anderson. Stats don’t lie. Fight me.

I'm old, but not old enough to have seen Maynard and Sauer.

But of the rest Al Toon was easily the most talented WR the team ever had. from 1980 onward.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Al Toon is by far the best talent at WR this franchise ever drafted and if you disagree then not only do I not wanna be your friend but I don't ever wanna see your stupid face.

And best name. But was he blind in one eye? 

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

Hard for me to justify that - Coles is

4th in NYJ WR history in receptions 

5th in yards 

4th in TDs

Because he compiled while being here for a long time. Brett Gardner has the most HRs of any current yankee do you take him over Judge, Gleyber or Gary Sanchez?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  1. David Clowney
  2. Justin McCareins
  3. Alex Van Dyke
  4. Curtis Conway
  5. Chad Hansen
  6. ArDarius Stewart
  7. Clyde Gates
  8. Stephen Hill
  9. Ryan Yarborough
  10. Matthew Hatchette
  11. Percy Harvin
  12. Jeff Graham 
  13. Terrelle Pryor
  14. David Nelson
  15. Rishard Matthews

What no Scotty McKnight ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  1. David Clowney
  2. Justin McCareins
  3. Alex Van Dyke
  4. Curtis Conway
  5. Chad Hansen
  6. ArDarius Stewart
  7. Clyde Gates
  8. Stephen Hill
  9. Ryan Yarborough
  10. Matthew Hatchette
  11. Percy Harvin
  12. Jeff Graham 
  13. Terrelle Pryor
  14. David Nelson
  15. Rishard Matthews

No love for the legend that was ...all too briefly....Reggie Rembert?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vader said:

The list shows

1 some greatness that we sold-off early (Moore, KJ, Anderson, Coles (?)).

2 some very stable, long and productive careers (Maynard, Walker, toon, Cotchery, even Coles who came back(?))

3 The bottom of the list begins to show cracks in franchise — Moore, KJ, Anderson spent limited time here and yet are in Jets annals for yards, receptions, etc. Guy like Kerley is A lock top 15 WR...

I don't think we sold off Keyshawn, Moore, Coles or Anderson early.  Those guys left when their contracts were up and it didn't make sense to keep them. Trading Keyshawn Johnson for John Abraham was a coup and a half.  Likewise, moving Rob Moore for Hugh Douglas and a 4th?  Those were good moves. 

The problem was that the guys that are 3rd and 4th in yardage by Jets draft picsk were allowed to walk for nothing. No trade. Just cut and go succeed elsewhere.  Tony Martin and Terrance Mathis were 18,000 yards and 120 TDs taken in the 5th and 6th rounds by sh*tty teams that could not find a place for them.  Moves like that are how we ended up picking #1 overall two years in a row. 

2 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Rob Moore was Ok.  To this day still disappointed he is the reason The Jets were unable to draft Brett Favre.

The Jets did not have their number one pick in 1991 because they took Moore in the 1990 Supplemental draft.

2 hours ago, Snook said:

You forgot Reggie Rembert

I blame Rembert for us missing out on the opportunity to draft Favre.  Drafted at the top of Round 2 in 1990, he refused to sign.  Felt he should have gone in round 1 and demanded first round money.  Instead, we traded him to Cincy for a couple of OLs. 

Can't imagine that we still would have picked Moore in the supplemental if Rembert had been williing to sign.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  1. Doug Jolley
  2. Jace Amaro
  3. Kyle Brady
  4. Johnny Mitchell
  5. Trevon Wesco
  6. Jeff Cumberland
  7. Jordan Leggett
  8. Kellen Winslow Jr
  9. Matthew Mulligan
  10. Eric Tomlinson

15 years ago at around this time I heard the jets traded a first round pick for Jolley and a kicker

I almost threw up

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  1. David Clowney
  2. Justin McCareins
  3. Alex Van Dyke
  4. Curtis Conway
  5. Chad Hansen
  6. ArDarius Stewart
  7. Clyde Gates
  8. Stephen Hill
  9. Ryan Yarborough
  10. Matthew Hatchette
  11. Percy Harvin
  12. Jeff Graham 
  13. Terrelle Pryor
  14. David Nelson
  15. Rishard Matthews

Not really fair on David Nelson who was kinda cheap and was somewhat productive..I think....if I remember. Maybe I’m wrong 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

15 years ago at around this time I heard the jets traded a first round pick for Jolley and a kicker

I almost threw up

The Jets traded back 19 spots(I believe) and acquired jolly and other picks.  The other picks led to Kerry Rhodes.  That trade was a success   all the draft rumblings had the Jets targeting Justin Miller and Mike Nugent, they still got those 2 guys AND acquired a player and more picks which led to an all pro in Rhodes.  Bash the decision making on who they drafted but the trade itself was really good.