Is everyone in denial?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm done. Starting back up with my hookers this weekend.  Life must go on.

The mentality that we can just quarantine for the rest of our lives is ridiculous. Things have to be done wisely but this economy has to re-start

If people think the NFL (owners/players) is going to leave all that TV money on the table, they're crazy

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

If they try to play the season like normal without a vaccine it will get cancelled midway through

ofcourse by then the jets will be 1-6 again so who cares

I dont think it'll be business at usual. It'll be very leas fans or no fans at all.

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

fact: Covid is spiking around the world where re-opening has been attempted.

It’s a population density issue though. In most parts of the US, people live far apart and drive to work. So we already do social distancing to an extant. Let’s see how things go in some of these states that are opening. I’m optimistic things will go well down here in Texas. We’re taking a gradual open approach. And there will still be limitations like face masks and half capacity restaurants

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I live in Florida. Tampa has closed off streets to allow outdoor seating. Places were busy. 

As far as your Georgia point the state is open. 

Georgia governor didnt even know what asymptomatic was. That's all I need to know about Georgia reopening. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

I dont think it'll be business at usual. It'll be very leas fans or no fans at all.

Even if the home stadiums are empty or 50% capacity the players and refs will get sick if they try to play regular season games in northern markets

The smart move is neutral sites in the Southwest and Florida with 25% - 50% capacity but the nfl doesn’t have a functioning commissioner 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

There will have to be some sort of lottery to see who's tickets are honored  and who's won't.  

Good luck with that.  

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

Georgia governor didnt even know what asymptomatic was. That's all I need to know about Georgia reopening. 

I’m for reopening now when the weather is about to get good and the virus subsides but come October this s show will restart

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Good luck with that.  

You're  right, there will be a lot of upset people but I would  also think there will be a percentage that voluntarily  will say they don't  intend to games. You can't  have people sitting on top of each other, that is for sure

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

How I think this all goes down

a) nfl announces no fan policy shortly 

b) players union reluctantly agrees under all safety protocols

c) week 2 of said season some random player gets the virus 

d) he and most of his team is forced to quarantine 

e) players union gets upset, media starts trashing nfl, political pressures grows 

f) some players refuse to play 

g) said fanless season is canceled around week 3 or 4

This is exactly how I think this is going to go 

13 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

When did Dr. Fauci join "the media?"

no comment because it would be too political.  i have a feeling dr fauci will be offered a job with cnn.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
2 hours ago, KRL said:

Those other leagues combined WISH they had the contract the NFL does

So, people who make less money are more okay with losing that money?  Is that the argument?

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

How I think this all goes down

a) nfl announces no fan policy shortly 

b) players union reluctantly agrees under all safety protocols

c) week 2 of said season some random player gets the virus 

d) he and most of his team is forced to quarantine 

e) players union gets upset, media starts trashing nfl, political pressures grows 

f) some players refuse to play 

g) said fanless season is canceled around week 3 or 4

IMO, this is likely. They can’t even get the players to stop having house parties *now*. Once you tell them that the virus has subsided enough for them to report to camp, then all bets are off. It’ll take one of those guys putting some rando equipment manager in the ICU and the spiral will begin. Only way out of this, imo, is getting people psychologically inured to dying equipment managers, which seems to be the plan anyway

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

The NFL along with the rest of the world is going to have to take this on a day to day basis.

We have no idea right now how or when this ends, if it ever does.

They may start training camp and there is an outbreak of some kind where a team gets like 10-12 testing positive and they are going to have to shutdown.

It could happen in the regular season, playoffs, we just don't know at this point.

I really hope there is football come September but right now I just don't know.

This violates the rules.

You are required to have a strong and definitive opinion on the subject (and all subjects), and once formed, it is not allowed to change, no matter what new information is provided.

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Even if the home stadiums are empty or 50% capacity the players and refs will get sick if they try to play regular season games in northern markets

The smart move is neutral sites in the Southwest and Florida with 25% - 50% capacity but the nfl doesn’t have a functioning commissioner 

The virus has already shown it can thrive in warmer temperatures.  I really don't  understand this warm weather thing you are putting forward or has it been cold in Fl. Since Jan.? there were parts of China where it was 90 and they people getting sick when this first started. Nobody is even putting forward this warm weather thing anymore. 

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

They will play.

No fans in seats.

That's my best guess.

If I was a betting man, this would be my bet as well.

Small chance we have crowds too sooner than we expect, but I think both MLB and the NFL will play, but in empty parks and with other unusual changes to suit the times (like MLB limiting travel, i.e. "Radical Realignment" for this 2020 stub-season only.)

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

If I was a betting man, this would be my bet as well.

Small chance we have crowds too sooner than we expect, but I think both MLB and the NFL will play, but in empty parks and with other unusual changes to suit the times (like MLB limiting travel, i.e. "Radical Realignment" for this 2020 stub-season only.)

What the MLB has planned is a joke, imo. Extended Grapefruit League? 

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Let me tell you about testing from someone who went through it recently. It is a disaster.  You can get a test but it took almost a full month to get results. By that time I could have had the virus and been hospitalized if I did have it. Thankfully the results were negative. 

This test where you get results in 15 minutes is only available to the White House it seems because nobody I know who was tested even in the last few weeks got that. 

May I ask what state you are in? I've had 2 tests, I'm an essential worker.  One down by Jones Beach and one from urgent care, got my results back 2 days later. Why did it take you a month to get yours? That doesn't sound right. 

Just now, Prestige Worldwide said:

May I ask what state you are in? I've had 2 tests, I'm an essential worker.  One down by Jones Beach and one from urgent care, got my results back 2 days later. Why did it take you a month to get yours? That doesn't sound right. 

Bayside Queens. 

There will be some sort of season. Multi-billion dollar organizations figure sh*t out. There will most likely be modifications, but football will be played. My guess is that teams will be quarantined together and games will be played in a few choice stadiums. Without crowds, you can get two games per day in one stadium. Games could be played over a few days. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Unless there’s a vaccine by October there’s no way the nfl season goes the way Goodell and the owners want it

theres no way with this virus you can play home games with fans in places like Green Bay, Chicago and the Northeast

theyre going to try to only let a select number of fans in at first, at least that seems to be the initial plan. I really do believe however they will not have any fans present for the games.  That seems to be the way to go for most of the pro leagues. 

The thing is stadiums don't  have to be empty.  You can have fans in stadiums more than 6 feet apart. People sti) go to supermarkets and they manage to keep people safely  distanced. People are alos being smart and not bunching up on their own. 

I see the in stadiums 6' apart thing as more unlikely and weird than empty.  How are they going to decide which season ticket holders get those seats?  6' apart on the food/beer and bathroom lines?  I don't see it.  Don't get me started on the supermarkets.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Wow, that's crazy, I live in Nassau county,  everyone I know that took the test got the results back in a few days. Sorry you had a bad experience with it

And it wasn't  like they had the results and never told me. I called alk the time and was told the results are not in yet everyday

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What the MLB has planned is a joke, imo. Extended Grapefruit League? 

I'll be happy to take what I can get.  A season > no season.  TV games > no games.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

This is the type of nonsense that looks silly. The constant goalpost moving. Their numbers dont mean anything? Why's that? When will the numbers mean something? When they turn bad again? And yes, people are absolutely eating out at restaurants. Florida has let them open at 25% and they were packed this past weekend, especially with outdoor seating. 

6e5b79c5-c6db-47ab-95cd-7c9e438ac18c.png

Not really in any meaningful way, as per OpenTable.

48 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Ive been paying close attention to the NBA, just because they are kind  of "first" in this whole sports thing and also only have 12 players plus staff to manage.

2 weeks ago the NBA was optimistic about starting up.  The owners individual, local TV contracts get paid in full at 70 games and all teams have played between 63-67 games to date, so it would be very easy to get to 70 and get the owners paid.

Now this week, its not looking as good.  Players are apprehensive about playing - likely because they have already received most of their 2020 money.  Then you get into the discussion of what happens if a player tests positive - do they go home for 2 weeks?  Is the whole team tested daily (75+ tests per day for an NFL team), or what if 10 players from one game are positive - does that team have to shut it down?

The NFL has a huge revenue opportunity if they can dominate both saturday and sunday all fall if college football doesnt happen (which I can't see how it will).  So there is tremendous incentive to do this, but its not going to be easy

The top players in the league had a call yesterday and said they want to play.  Who are the players that don't want to play?

2 hours ago, KRL said:

The NFL TV contract is so good that they will make money without a single fan in
the stands.  I understand that the players will/should be concerned with their
safety but how many of them will give up their salaries?  Particularly after
being quarantined for almost half a year.  You think the big time QB's will just
"spoof off" their 30+ million dollar salaries?  I've adjusted without sports
so I'm fine either way, but let's not just blow off economic factors

right.  the stadium gate is gravy.  the teams will take a hit if there aren't any fans but it's not like they would be able to pay for operations or player salaries.  the collateral damage will be to all of those vendors that work at the stadiums.

You're  right, there will be a lot of upset people but I would  also think there will be a percentage that voluntarily  will say they don't  intend to games. You can't  have people sitting on top of each other, that is for sure

I’m guessing no matter how hard teams and the NFL try to do it in the best way possible people will bitch, moan and complain.  

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The virus has already shown it can thrive in warmer temperatures.  I really don't  understand this warm weather thing you are putting forward or has it been cold in Fl. Since Jan.? there were parts of China where it was 90 and they people getting sick when this first started. Nobody is even putting forward this warm weather thing anymore. 

Why do you think the flu goes away in summer