Rams new Unis

I dig it. Very California and the decision to go with Bone instead of white is an interesting one and I think you’ll see teams go for a light color and a dark color rather than just white and color in the future. The helmet is a metallic blue which doesn’t come through in some photos. Also they should've called it sand instead of bone to keep the SoCal appeal.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

57 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

you cant put lipstick on a pig. Never liked the Rams Unis. The horns thing is way too much. 

Thing is, they fixed the horn, it's not literal anymore, looks more like a design, they nailed that part.

They blew the easy part-  colors, patches, and numbers.  How stupid.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You mean boring, pointy and pointless.

samlev.jpg

No.  I mean modern, restrained, and tasteful.  And the "points" are the 'jet plane wedge' design from the 80's helmet logo that many of you adore.

Listen, I loved the 68's too but once the Jets decided to go modern, they did a great job of modern.  We have one of the top Nike designs.  Let's be grateful for that.  

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

samlev.jpg

No.  I mean modern, restrained, and tasteful.  And the "points" are the 'jet plane wedge' design from the 80's helmet logo that many of you adore.

Listen, I loved the 68's too but once the Jets decided to go modern, they did a great job of modern.  We have one of the top Nike designs.  Let's be grateful for that.  

SAR I

No, they're growing on me, for sure,  but those shoulder things and the numbers and the football logo are what I dislike the most.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, they're growing on me, for sure,  but those shoulder things and the numbers and the football logo are what I dislike the most.

stripes.jpg

Shoulder Stripes = 80's logo jet plane wedge

Football Logo = '68 logo without the oval

Numbers = An update of the 68's and 80's design

It could be worse.  At least the decisions on the uniforms are all based on past designs, a bit of a shout out to legacy.  Rumor has it that next year alternate helmets are coming back, so with white shells we can go retro anytime we choose.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

I still can't bring myself to like them.

The 'new york' on the front is so tacky...and the only other team using the same design is...cleveland. The stitching looks cheap, and the color is a brighter, t-shirt worthy green, not the unique, classier shade we had earlier. Numbers are in some weird font. Erasing the white from shoulders & helmet is unacceptable to me, i'll never get over it.

Look at the picture up-close and you'll realize how cheap they look:

darnold.enunwa.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&

We'd have to win a superbowl or something for me to consider buying one.

Even the color rush unis look better:

usatsi_11491679-1.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=

Nothing beats the old design, it was timeless:

GettyImages-886357686.jpg

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

stripes.jpg

Shoulder Stripes = 80's logo jet plane wedge

Football Logo = '68 logo without the oval

Numbers = An update of the 68's and 80's design

It could be worse.  At least the decisions on the uniforms are all based on past designs, a bit of a shout out to legacy.  Rumor has it that next year alternate helmets are coming back, so with white shells we can go retro anytime we choose.

SAR I

How can you cut off the airplane-y part leaving a stretched out triangle and call it that? That's like leaving a blank white space and calling it a donut. "See, it's a donut, it's the hole."

There was more to the logo than just the oval and the football, there was an NY behind it, sure it was busier but it worked ten times better than just a football. It's like taking the Yankee logo, leaving out the hat and just leaving the baseball. Or the Mets logo without the city silhouette.

• Upvote 1

One again, a bunch of out-of-touch executives okay-ing a sh*tty design. Who the hell comes up with this sh*t? Rams had one of, if not the best uniform in the NFL for a long time. Now they've ruined it. Especially the helmet. Christ.

• Upvote 2

They look pretty good IMO. The gradient gives off a sort of "sunrise" feel which I guess fits the LA vibe.

Like the idea of the "bone" color, although they should have added some more blue somewhere, maybe on the sleeve cuff and pants stripe.

Still not a fan of their new logo but they could have done worse.