Rams new Unis

34 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Nothing beats the old design, it was timeless:

GettyImages-886357686.jpg

Agree completely... Nothing beats this design and helmet.  I don't mind and can live with the new uni's, but I HATE the new helmet.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, they're growing on me, for sure,  but those shoulder things and the numbers and the football logo are what I dislike the most.

Same here.  Our uni's grew on me somewhat but the shoulder stripe things are awful (as is the "NEW YORK" on the front).

I will say, though, that our uni's looked really good here (probably due to the beautiful contrast with the Raiders' uni's):

Jets Raiders.png

Just now, predator_05 said:

I still can't bring myself to like them.

The 'new york' on the front is so tacky...and the only other team using the same design is...cleveland. The stitching looks cheap, and the color is a brighter, t-shirt worthy green, not the unique, classier shade we had earlier. Numbers are in some weird font. Erasing the white from shoulders & helmet is unacceptable to me, i'll never get over it.

Look at the picture up-close and you'll realize how cheap they look:

darnold.enunwa.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&

We'd have to win a superbowl or something for me to consider buying one.

Even the color rush unis look better:

usatsi_11491679-1.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=

Nothing beats the old design, it was timeless:

The Browns new uniforms did away with the "Cleveland" on the chest, and went back to a more retro, classic look this year. Cleaned up the jersey, did away with orange pants, (white or brown now) and nailed the striping on the sleeves and socks.

Baker will be styling this year, LOL.

I actually like the Rams new uniforms, but @SAR I is 100% right. They messed up the striping and the numbers. I'm not a fan of the split coloring.

Our new uniforms look horrible. The Jets will change them as soon as they can, which is 4 more years away.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I still can't bring myself to like them.  Nothing beats the old design, it was timeless:

I was a huge proponent of the old uni's, but now when I look at them they look positively old, the triple stripes on the helmets matching the stripes on the shoulders and the pants looks old to me.  I think I've accepted the modern approach and have moved on.  Next year the 68's will be back, rumor has it they'll let teams run with two helmets so we can go back to white whenever we like.

SAR I

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Nike has been atrocious for the NFL. And I’ve been a Nike guy since I could walk. 

I think the Nike mentality is that they can produce more jersey designs every few seasons for teams. Since our color rush jersey has the older logo on it I reckon they may redesign a new color rush jersey. 

In short Nike and the NFL are a money making machine, Nike has saw what it can do with the NBA with the city edition jerseys etc and I know they are looking to capitalize on the NFL in every way they can. 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You mean boring, pointy and pointless.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

samlev.jpg

No.  I mean modern, restrained, and tasteful.  And the "points" are the 'jet plane wedge' design from the 80's helmet logo that many of you adore.

Listen, I loved the 68's too but once the Jets decided to go modern, they did a great job of modern.  We have one of the top Nike designs.  Let's be grateful for that.  

SAR I

They’re exactly the same, IMHO. Trying to be simple, modern, and sleek, but instead just looking boring. And both helmet logos are bad, but at least theirs isn’t the team’s name in all caps with a football. 

• Upvote 2

Those surreal color schemes are popular across entertainment right now and widespread high def TVs in homes means playing up that aspect. The color scheme and design might look less impressive in a still photo but will create a more vibrant viewing experience with the game. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Come now, ours are positively civilized and classy by comparison.

SAR I

Our uniforms looks like my nephew created them in Madden. I don't think that they are hideous at all for his flag football team.

They are not timeless and will look outdated in 5 minutes. Time to go back to the classic style. The style we NEVER should have changed to begin with. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, slats said:

They’re exactly the same, IMHO. Trying to be simple, modern, and sleek, but instead just looking boring. And both helmet logos are bad, but at least theirs isn’t the team’s name in all caps with a football. 

SENTENCE.jpg

Our logo has always said "New York" then "Jets" then "football".

And it still does.

SAR I

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SENTENCE.jpg

Our logo has always said "New York" then "Jets" then "football".

And it still does.

SAR I

It’s so bad. It basically says, “without that football in our logo, we’re not sure you’d know what sport we play!”

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

samlev.jpg

No.  I mean modern, restrained, and tasteful.  And the "points" are the 'jet plane wedge' design from the 80's helmet logo that many of you adore.

SAR I

“Many of you”. Oh.My.God 

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

balls.jpg
You were saying?

SAR I

The Jets and Bucs are the only two teams in the NFL with a football in their logo. Other teams once had it, but they cleverly outgrew it. And at least the Bucs don’t have their name in caps as the rest of their logo. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets and Bucs are the only two teams in the NFL with a football in their logo. Other teams once had it, but they cleverly outgrew it. And at least the Bucs don’t have their name in caps as the rest of their logo. 

We're not an animal (Lions, Bengals, Bears), we're not a man (Cowboy, Packer, 49er), we're not a warrior (Vikings, Chiefs, Redskins).

We're the only team in the league named after an object.  And that object was a hot technology back in 1964 but today is taken for granted.  It's like being named the New York Cellphones in 1998.  Sounds silly today.  What's so exciting, menacing, or aggressive about an airplane today?  Nothing.  Put a plane on a helmet?  Can't do it.  Hey, a fighter jet, that's cool, that would work, but it's not politically correct.

So you are left with one option-  use the word Jets and call it a day.  As for the football, its been on our logo since 1964, its part of our identity.  It was always there, we just got rid of the oval (redundant) and moved the NY to the jersey (why not) and you're left with the Jets and the football.  Its fine.

SAR I

• Haha 1

At first i thought the rams uniforms were horrific, soooo bland, super plain and just way too vibrant with not enough contrast to break it up.  But when you go on the nfl shop and look at them they look way better on there, not nearly as bad.   

I had the same experience when the jets released their photos of their uniforms, I thought they were ok, but they look way better on the field than in those original press photos from nike.

I think the issue more so is the way nike handles the photos, I'm not sure if their photo department ups the vibrancy and saturation of the color when releasing promo photos of the jersey, but they seem to look way more palatable when photographed other places.  

2 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

At first i thought the rams uniforms were horrific, soooo bland, super plain and just way too vibrant with not enough contrast to break it up.  But when you go on the nfl shop and look at them they look way better on there, not nearly as bad.   

I had the same experience when the jets released their photos of their uniforms, I thought they were ok, but they look way better on the field than in those original press photos from nike.

I think the issue more so is the way nike handles the photos, I'm not sure if their photo department ups the vibrancy and saturation of the color when releasing promo photos of the jersey, but they seem to look way more palatable when photographed other places.  

side_bone.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

wa5ayxpyfxzbdaufnunb.jpg

Their primary road uniform is beige.  Not grey, not white, not silver.  Beige.

SAR I