Jets Still Shopping? Rumors Flying on Logan Ryan & Jason Peters

17 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I hear what you're saying. He is plenty versatile, but isn't that why we drafted Davis? Like you said, he's (Ryan) not an elite #1 CB. That's why I've been less enthusiastic about signing him since the draft.

Yes but I imagine it will take a little bit of time for Davis to become our center fielder and Minkah Fitzpatrick/Mathieu type of player.  I'm cool with Logan Ryan being brought in to handle some duties like that, or do whatever Williams thinks would be the most useful to the team.  We're likely phasing out Marcus Maye so there will be plenty of opportunities for both players.

Some redundancy is OK in the defensive backfield, where you can never really seem to have enough talent/depth.  

25 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I hear what you're saying. He is plenty versatile, but isn't that why we drafted Davis? Like you said, he's (Ryan) not an elite #1 CB. That's why I've been less enthusiastic about signing him since the draft.

I think we all kind of feel the same way.  We certainly all wanted a guy like this, but it isn't so much a "need" now.  OTOH, there is a huge advantage in having multiple versatile players.  It may seem that Davis and Ryan duplicate each other, but if you can have them both on the field at the same time and the QB can't tell which is going to roll back to centerfield it can really confuse guys.

• Upvote 2