Logan Ryan going on GMFB @9:30

Are we surprised? 

Like Clowney, Ryan is going to wait this out as long as he can. He just said it, there’s 30 other teams out there and he’s only ruled out Tennessee. 

Mehta’s a clown. We know this. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Prez33 said:

Are we surprised? 

Like Clowney, Ryan is going to wait this out as long as he can. He just said it, there’s 30 other teams out there and he’s only ruled out Tennessee. 

Mehta’s a clown. We know this. 

The guy is clearly doing a Ndamakung Suh now 

We already have a good secondary with depth we don’t need him

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The guy is clearly doing a Ndamakung Suh now 

We already have a good secondary with depth we don’t need him

We have Desir, Poole, and a lot of “what ifs” and “maybes”. 

2 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

We have Desir, Poole, and a lot of “what ifs” and “maybes”. 

You guys are sleeping hard on Desir.  I live in Indy and watched him a lot a couple years ago he was good

Bless had a good rookie year.  Poole is a solid nickelback.  Adams, Maye, Davis and from what I’m hearing Bryce Hall in round 5 was a steal

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

She’s the only good part of the show. That show is sooooooo ******* bad it’s sometimes forces me to have to watch ESPN for a sports fix in the am. 

Damn.  Fox Sports can't be as bad as their news network, can it?

• Thumb Down 4

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You guys are sleeping hard on Desir.  I live in Indy and watched him a lot a couple years ago he was good

Bless had a good rookie year.  Poole is a solid nickelback.  Adams, Maye, Davis and from what I’m hearing Bryce Hall in round 5 was a steal

I’m not worried about the safeties. Adams and Maye are among the best duos in the NFL at the position. And adding Ashtyn Davis could make it even scarier. 

Desir was a decent find. But he’s not a #1 CB. Not even close. Poole is the #3. Slot CB. Bryce Hall and Bless Austin are still prospects/maybes at this point. After that, you have Arthur Maulet, Nate Hairston, Johnny Tryinghard, and Scottie Willbecut. 

4 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

I’m not worried about the safeties. Adams and Maye are among the best duos in the NFL at the position. And adding Ashtyn Davis could make it even scarier. 

Desir was a decent find. But he’s not a #1 CB. Not even close. Poole is the #3. Slot CB. Bryce Hall and Bless Austin are still prospects/maybes at this point. After that, you have Arthur Maulet, Nate Hairston, Johnny Tryinghard, and Scottie Willbecut. 

You guys are underrating Desir

I’m reading this a bit differently that y’all are. This seems similar to the Van Rotten situation. Sounds like he wants to play in the northeast, but he hasn’t gotten the deal he wants. If the Jets are offering $10M per, he would have been a Jet yesterday.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He played decent.  Got benched at the end of the half against Pittsburgh  when he let a guy get behind him with seconds on the clock from like 30 yards out.  He has a lot to work on. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I’m reading this a bit differently that y’all are. This seems similar to the Van Rotten situation. Sounds like he wants to play in the northeast, but he hasn’t gotten the deal he wants. If the Jets are offering $10M per, he would have been a Jet yesterday.  

Pay him 10 million on a one year deal. Or even better, give him a 2 year deal. He’s a proven player. A productive player. 

I trust JD, but man, keeping an injury prone Guard like Brian Winters after you re-signed Lewis and signed Van Roten? He’s a 7-8 million dollar cap hit. Do we really need Guard depth more than a CB of Ryan’s caliber? 

Get this deal done. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

What I read was that he wants a multi-year deal. He Slipped it in there. It happened really fast he said the multi-year deal offers are not meeting the money he wants and he has to think about his family. So I think at almost 30 years old he's not looking to take a one-year deal.

• Upvote 2

I see it this way as well. When you throw out the line "gotta do what's best for my family" it's usually because he wants more money. If nothing else, JD sticks to his value of a player.

Besides, Ryan is a luxury, not necessarily a necessity signing at this point.
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

What I read was that he wants a multi-year deal. He Slipped it in there. It happened really fast he said the multi-year deal offers are not meeting the money he wants and he has to think about his family. So I think at almost 30 years old he's not looking to take a one-year deal.

Makes sense. Him saying that says it all. He hasn’t gotten the offer he wants. That’s the delay. Kind of crazy that he thinks his family would be worse off with say $7M versus $10M. First world problems.

• Sympathy 1

Ryan’s stats back up his demands. I was the first one to call out Clowney. His initial demands were out of proportion to his production. He wanted top pass rusher money, and the sacks don’t support that. Very good player, but how often has he surpassed 10 sacks in a season?

Ryan’s overall production, especially last season, give him leverage. But it remains to be seen if he’ll get what he wants. 

1 hour ago, Prez33 said:

My bet is on Johnny to make the team.  

• Upvote 1