Coach Tomlin paid James Harrison after 2010 hit on opponent!

4 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Clearly it was a team-induced fine for such a brutal hit to an opposing player. Tomlin would never do anything that crosses the line

jones.gif

Wow, I had forgotten about this. i was always amazed that he wasn’t suspended from this. If you watch this play from a few seconds before this gif started, you can seem Tomlin peeking back to determine exactly when to move.

it was blatant. 

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Wow, I had forgotten about this. i was always amazed that he wasn’t suspended from this. If you watch this play from a few seconds before this gif started, you can seem Tomlin peeking back to determine exactly when to move.

it was blatant. 

Yup - exact same intent is displayed here as Sal Alosi, just the end result was different. He 100% should've gotten reprimanded more than he did

16 hours ago, ljr said:

Pitt is front row center of the NFL's "Good Ole Boys Club" , Goodell ain't gonna do nothing but polish Art Rooney 2's knob and then go give Kraft his weekly reach around as well

Yep... Exactly.  Goodell wont even investigate.  They NFL is already making Harrison the goat, and I don't mean greatest of all time.  I really despise the Steelers more than any other team because of the advantages the league gives to them.  Most infuriating are all the non calls for offensive holding in the last 5 minutes of the game, especially in the playoffs.  If you go back and look at every single Super Bowl the Steelers won since the 1970's you'll see moments in those playoff runs that will leave you scratching your head at the non calls against the Steelers and the BS calls against who ever they are playing.  I am not saying that the league brass actually tells the zebras what to do, but they quietly and purposefully treat the officials that make the "right calls" much better than the officials that come down on the wrong side in a big game.  What is even worse than how the league treats the Steelers is the Steeler fans that don't come from their area.  I remember in grade school and HS during the 70's and 80's all the little front running twits that loved the Steelers.  They should have been wearing Jet green or big blue.  Little twit boys that they were... 

• Upvote 1

As long as the hits are legal, and the amounts not material, my feeling is......so?  

Pay to Injure = wrong.

Pay to hit legally and hard = I honestly don't care that much, unless they're paying them a million dollars or something meaningful that skirts the cap rules.

Buying a guy a steak cause he blew Brady out of his shoes (legally) is fine by me.  

Buddy Ryan was rumored to have a bounty as Eagles HC...if I'm not mistaken?  

This stuff probably went all the way back to the early NFL years.  

Born just before...or during...the Depression.  Never finishing high school.  Or just plain poor.  Playing the game for peanuts.  Trying to feed their families.  That's probably where the roots of it began.      

3 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Yup - exact same intent is displayed here as Sal Alosi, just the end result was different. He 100% should've gotten reprimanded more than he did

Not really... Alosi was out of bounds. Tomlin wandered onto the field and you can see him looking up at the big screen watching the play come to his sideline. then at the last second looked back like he was surprised to see someone about to run him over.

sold it well, he did.