Bye Bye Ty

10 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I hate Gase, he’s was a Dolphin and unsuccessful. To this point it was the stupidest HC hiring ever by the Jets. 

Uh, Rich Kotite will forever hold that title.  Theres no topping that brilliant move. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

Um.....no.

Firing Pete Carroll to bring in Rich Kotite pretty much has that trophy locked up.

Sadly, there are quitre a few options to choose from.  Lou Holtz, Charley Winner, Kotite.  Although when you factor in Carroll's success since he left us, that probably is number 1 in our list of shame.

Although it is the parallels to Charley Winner that scare me with Gase.  Winner was a mediocre coach somewhere else,   Gets off to horrible 1-7 start  in his first season, 1974.  Turns it around with 6 straight wins to close the season.  Gets fired after a 2-7 start in his second season.

I am hoping that Gase can break that pattern this year and prove he is a winner.  With a small "w".  10-6 and a playoff appearance.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

The greatest preseason Jet, ever.

Good riddance.

SAR I

Yes good riddance, but I think David Clowney and Brett Ratliff might have him beat as the greatest preseason jet ever.  They looked like Brett Favre and Randy Moss!

• Upvote 2

Seriously, I will miss him. I thought he was very talented and certainly not utilized correctly last season. I'm glad he landed on his feet with the Saints and the success he'll have with the Saints will be night and day better than with the Jets. I understand Douglas drafting Perine made Montgomery expendable. I also understand this was a business decision. I just hope Montgomery knows that some of us appreciated his play.

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike Maccagnan brought in literally zero players that Gase wanted in that '19 offseason.  But yes let's put it all on Gase.

Wait a minute, Ty Montgomery was a good third down back. I know he lost a step but whether Gase wanted him or not, does that mean on a team starved of good skill players, Gase gets a pass for not using him?

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike Maccagnan brought in literally zero players that Gase wanted in that '19 offseason.  But yes let's put it all on Gase.

Wait a minute, Ty Montgomery was a good third down back. I know he lost a step but whether Gase wanted him or not, does that mean on a team starved of good skill players, Gase gets a pass for not using him?

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

He shoikd have been used onnthird downs. Had the perfect skill set fkr that. I bet he does much better if healthy next season

I don’t even think he’s going to make the saints roster, if he does it’s as RB3 or 4. They have Kamara and Murray