Facilities Can Open Next Week

KRL

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-team-facilities-permitted-to-reopen-starting-tuesday

NFL team facilities are permitted to begin reopening starting as soon as next Tuesday provided they meet certain criteria, Commissioner Roger Goodell informed clubs in a Friday memo obtained by NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Team facilities are allowed to reopen provided that they do so under "governing state and local regulations, are in compliance with additional public health requirements in their jurisdiction, and have implemented the protocols that were developed by Dr. Sills and distributed to all clubs on May 6," the memo states.

Teams that do not meet those requirements Tuesday "may may reopen their facilities on the earliest date thereafter on which they are able to meet the criteria."

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

I was under the impression that to keep a competitive balance that they had to all be eligible to reopen 

This is where the NFL and California play chicken. California's stay at home till August went over like a fart in church so we'll see.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is where the NFL and California play chicken. California's stay at home till August went over like a fart in church so we'll see.

Don't think they'll be any "playing chicken".  If California won't let them practice, suppose they'll just train in Arizona.  Same with the the Jets.  Florida has already invited all NFL teams to  come here and play

Mentioned this in another thread, I'd have no problem if the Jets played their home games at Spectrum Stadium in Orlando.  TONS of Jets fans in the area during the Fall.  :) 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Don't think they'll be any "playing chicken".  If California won't let them practice, suppose they'll just train in Arizona.  Same with the the Jets.  Florida has already invited all NFL teams to  come here and play

Mentioned this in another thread, I'd have no problem if the Jets played their home games at Spectrum Stadium in Orlando.  TONS of Jets fans in the area during the Fall.  :) 

I mean yeah I’d love that too. But if states are open I don’t see the jersey/PA governor preventing football. If Bateman in Cali does then that’s an easy move considering the fanbases wouldn’t care.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, flgreen said:

The idea of moving Cali team preseasons to the new LV Raiders digs or around to local facilities there makes a lot of sense.

. .

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If you read it, it’s not really much of an opening at all. No coaches or players allowed. 

It’s basically telling the business side they can go back in if they want. 

If states allow teams to start practicing others will follow suit. The NFL is king.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I approve this message but they're going to be at the air conditioner week 2.

I'm about 90% sure your correct.

Still I only get to see 1, maybe 2 Jets games live a year.  Selfishly, I would love the Jets to have their season at Spectrum Stadium.  Seats 45-50 thousand, not really a bad seat in the house.  Metal benches suck though.  LOL

Realistically I know it's not going to happen.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Garcetti announced today that the Lakers can practice again but in a very limited capacity. The rules in place for them are in no way conducive to running a football training camp. Won't work.

There is absolutely no game of chicken here and I can tell you 100% that Newsom and Garcetti give no sh*ts. Believe it or not in this state it's not so much the NFL as it is college and HS as they have way more influence, particularly in SoCal. High schools are lobbying the state hard but it's having little effect. Almost a certainty that if CA teams want to practice they will have to do so outside the state and very likely Arizona.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

Yeah Florida got a solid population of Jet fans. Not so bad. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I am a church going person and I have to say I think that analogy has a bad rep. I have several first hand encounters where a fart in church was well received. During the sign of peace it cracks people up. Also, peace be with you...don't say anything and squeak one out. Gets them every time.

• Haha 4

This could give teams in less affected or more pro-freedom states a competitive advantage over more affected  and/or pro-health policy states. This is bad policy. Pick a consensus date and devise a “sports” WFH — work(outs) from home —mechanism. Lead in innovation. 

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Garcetti announced today that the Lakers can practice again but in a very limited capacity. The rules in place for them are in no way conducive to running a football training camp. Won't work.

There is absolutely no game of chicken here and I can tell you 100% that Newsom and Garcetti give no sh*ts. Believe it or not in this state it's not so much the NFL as it is college and HS as they have way more influence, particularly in SoCal. High schools are lobbying the state hard but it's having little effect. Almost a certainty that if CA teams want to practice they will have to do so outside the state and very likely Arizona.

I honestly don't know anything about HS  football in Calif.  I do know that in Fla it is monster.

From what I;m reading, their playing in Sept.  

We'll  see

4 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If you read it, it’s not really much of an opening at all. No coaches or players allowed. 

It’s basically telling the business side they can go back in if they want. 

Good luck trying to tell people to read before they react.

Just sit back and enjoy the show.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The entire league isn't going to shut down for California. There are other states that will take the teams if their home ones plan on waiting till 2022. Not like anyone cares about attending home NFL games in LA, as you've pointed out

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

The entire league isn't going to shut down for California. There are other states that will take the teams if their home ones plan on waiting till 2022. Not like anyone cares about attending home NFL games in LA, as you've pointed out

Meanwhile SoFi construction workers have been testing positive left and right, Kroenke just asked the league for an additional $500 million, and McVay is saying he still hopes they can have fans on opening day. All in all it's been a fun week.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Meanwhile SoFi construction workers have been testing positive left and right, Kroenke just asked the league for an additional $500 million, and McVay is saying he still hopes they can have fans on opening day. All in all it's been a fun week.

The league upped the debt limit of each team from $350 mil to $500 mil. They're going to loose a **** load more by not playing. There aren't going to be fans, but I'll see you opening week..... on time. Nobody cares where the teams play

Edited by Aaron Hernandez
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I honestly don't know anything about HS  football in Calif.  I do know that in Fla it is monster.

From what I;m reading, their playing in Sept.  

We'll  see

CA is a football powerhouse, the top programs here are on par with anywhere. 

I don't think H.S. or college football is happening. CSU's and CU's are already going online in classes for the fall (and CSU probably the year), and I I know several of the K-12 districts have told parents already to start preparing to be online for the fall. I'm not sure how you make sports work if the kids are not on campuses. But who knows? I'm certainly rooting for them. I have several students that are athletes and the thought of them having to enroll in meaningless classes because they need to make up an extra year of eligibility down the line sucks; and HS parents having to coach kids through not being able to play sounds like a tough job. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, KRL said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-team-facilities-permitted-to-reopen-starting-tuesday

NFL team facilities are permitted to begin reopening starting as soon as next Tuesday provided they meet certain criteria, Commissioner Roger Goodell informed clubs in a Friday memo obtained by NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Team facilities are allowed to reopen provided that they do so under "governing state and local regulations, are in compliance with additional public health requirements in their jurisdiction, and have implemented the protocols that were developed by Dr. Sills and distributed to all clubs on May 6," the memo states.

Teams that do not meet those requirements Tuesday "may may reopen their facilities on the earliest date thereafter on which they are able to meet the criteria."

It means we should have football but unless football is a phase one business,  we aren't  opening the practice  facilities on May 28.