Jets vs Fins 1986 51- 45 Game in Meadowlands

Thanks for the heads up. I remember that vividly. I was up in New Hampshire for a job interview sitting at a bar with my wife (at that time) on the companies dime and catching the updates, listening to the Jets haters giving me crap, the game wasn't televised in NH.

Payback is a bitch. I turned down the job and the Jets won!  #WinWin.

Now I'll be able to enjoy that win once again.

• Upvote 2

Section 319 ; Row 26 ; in the section where they started one of the upper level J-E-T-S chants . A retired fireman always threw candy to the fans before each game . Some moron who always wore Pittsburgh Steeler gear sat up there . Also , a guy who always wore a black raincoat , and looked like Ozzy Osbourne , also sat up there . And a crazy federal agent named Duffy sat in our row . THOSE WERE THE DAYS .

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Crazy game. I remember that day so clearly, my reaction, seeing the highlights. I was 13 years old and remember saying to myself “maybe KO’B really is better than Marino”

I have often wondered how things would have turned out if the Jets had taken Marino and the Fins O'Brien.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

THIS was the game that made me a Jets fan.  Was about 12 years old, went with my father and his friend.  Epic game.  I was hooked on this train wreck of a team every day since! lol

Ah you kiddies. I was in my 40's at the time.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Lith said:

Full game is on Youtube.  Now I know how I am going to spend my Saturday Night.

Cool upload. Announcing was of a higher quality, they were so articulate. 

Gastineau was some player. Wish i had seen him live, must have been a real fan favorite.

Does anyone know if there's a radio call available on the game winning (or maybe game tying?) TD to Wesley Walker?  I've heard it replayed before on WFAN but I don't think I've seen it on YouTube.

I can't remember the call exactly but I think it was something like:

"O'Brien looking deep.  Throws over the middle to Wesley Walker.  Touchdown!  Touchdown!  Touchdown!  Touchdown!"

Wesley Walker with 4 Td’s in that game. We caught a break on the fumble that didn’t get overturned. 

Love the scoring updates with Bob Costas. And hearing that music during them made me laugh. It brought me back to 1986. 

19 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Jeez. Marino could make any throw regardless of whers ever his feet were.  And Ken sure did like to hold onto the ball. Great retro game.  Two gun slingers.

Marino had 2 5'9 wr's Clayton and Duper. Kenny had Toon,Walker,Shular,Freeman and Hector.. Imagine what Marino could have done with that group. To this day I haven't got over not taking him in the 83 draft..](*,)

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Marino had 2 5'9 wr's Clayton and Duper. Kenny had Toon,Walker,Shular,Freeman and Hector.. Imagine what Marino could have done with that group. To this day I haven't got over not taking him in the 83 draft..](*,)

"Obviously the Jets know something that the people up here don't."

This game solidified the long journey ahead rooting for this team.

Forgot how AWESOME the coverage was before broadcasters became self important.

Also the lack of on screen graphics let you actually .. you know .. watch the game. Mitch more like you were at the stadium.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Was at that game.  Came home emotionally drained with a horse throat.  Next day had to use pencil and paper to communicate.

But I was...?

I was at the game as well.  Out of the around 50 Jets games I've been to in my lifetime, that game was the most memorable for me.  Wesley Walker catching the winning catch at the end of the game was absolutely amazing.  It was the best Jets game I saw in person in my life.

On 5/16/2020 at 4:43 PM, jetstream23 said:

THIS was the game that made me a Jets fan.  Was about 12 years old, went with my father and his friend.  Epic game.  I was hooked on this train wreck of a team every day since! lol

I got to troll Mark Duper over this game, in person, as a third grader. (His brother worked with a friend's dad when I was living in Miami, so he showed up at class for a Q&A session. He asked if anyone had any questions, so I raised my hand and went "how'd it feel when Walker scored that TD in overtime?)

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I got to troll Mark Duper over this game, in person, as a third grader. (His brother worked with a friend's dad when I was living in Miami, so he showed up at class for a Q&A session. He asked if anyone had any questions, so I raised my hand and went "how'd it feel when Walker scored that TD in overtime?)

You can't leave this with no finish.  His reply?

• Upvote 1