Giants CB DeAndre Baker Surrenders To Police

Giants cornerback Deandre Baker turned himself in to police on Saturday morning, his lawyer announced (via Instagram). Baker is facing a number of felony counts in connection with an armed robbery, though he maintains his innocence. USATSI_12634434-259x300.jpg

[RELATED: Baker, Dunbar Wanted For Armed Robbery]

Police reports are just that, reports of what was told to them or said to them,” said attorney Bradford Cohen. “Court is what we use to then examine those reports, investigate those claims and allow the defendant an opportunity to confront the evidence. Don’t rush to judgement.”

The witness statement and police reports claim that Baker held people at gunpoint while fellow NFL cornerback Quinton Dunbar grabbed the loot. Police are pursuing a total of eight charges against Baker while Dunbar is looking at four. The Giants, Seahawks, and the NFL have all declined to comment on the matter, except to say that they are aware of the situation. Dunbar, presumably, will follow suit by cooperating with the authorities.

In his final year at Georgia, Baker won the Jim Thorpe Award, given to the nation’s top collegiate defensive back. In that season, he finished out with 40 tackles, two sacks, nine passes defended, and two interceptions. The 5-foot-11 cornerback started and struggled for most of his rookie season; the Giants were hoping to see a major step forward from him in 2020. At this point, his availability for this year is very much in doubt.

WTF? He's got money or, at least, he should still be flush. Maybe some just can't escape the hood mentality, letting friends and family drag them back down.  Crab mentality in full play. Reaching a high level in professional sports is supposed to be the escape and life changing, right? Pathetic and sad as hell if true.

• Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

He would have been better off killing a brother jogging rather then trying to get his money back after getting finessed.

Wrong friggin' simplistic narrative.  Check the facts.  He wasn't jogging 10 miles from home and video suggests his activities had nothing to do with cardiovascular exercise of any form. The video confirms his comings and goings at the building site on multiple occasions. Moreover, not "hunted down and shot in cold blood".  Struggle for a weapon.  Chit happens, especially when you cross the line.  Bummer.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 8

38 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Wrong friggin' simplistic narrative.  Check the facts.  He wasn't jogging 10 miles from home and video suggests his activities had nothing to do with cardiovascular exercise of any form. The video confirms his comings and goings at the building site on multiple occasions. Moreover, not "hunted down and shot in cold blood".  Struggle for a weapon.  Chit happens, especially when you cross the line.  Bummer.

Should I start jogging with a bulletproof vest to avoid a future “bummer?”

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I hate lawyers and their clever arguments. In theory it’s a noble profession, in practice you’re someone else’s bitch using all your brain power to cloud reason and chase dollars working for someone else chasing dollars. 

Baker will need the $70K just to pay the lawyers.

• Upvote 3

I hope this is sarcasm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

This is sad. Add some perspective to your life because this is a scary point of view you hold. Pathetic even.

• Upvote 2

Those two should’ve minded their business. Not get in their car with guns and following a person because they “ thought” he fit the description. I hope they rot in prison for murdering that man.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Those two should’ve minded their business. Not get in their car with guns and following a person. I hope they rot in prison.

They’re definitely going to prison especially in this day and age. And you’re right they should of just called the police, took a picture and left if they were worried about him robbing a jobsite they had nothing to do with. I’m all for self defense and standing your ground but not when you’re the one who initiates the act. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

I hate lawyers and their clever arguments. In theory it’s a noble profession, in practice you’re someone else’s bitch using all your brain power to cloud reason and chase dollars working for someone else chasing dollars. 

I’m a lawyer.  75% of the lawyers I deal with are amateur hour lowlife scumbags who practice out of their garage, know nothing and literally chase ambulances 

The worst are personal injury attorneys.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Change that culture, Gettleman!

Gettleman is the culture creater.   

Here comes da Judge!   IMO...he's the tonic for change.   Won't be surprised if Judge gains  some leverage...and Gettleman...could be shown the door...if Jints don't compete for the NFCE.  

• Upvote 2

On 5/16/2020 at 10:26 PM, Il Mostro said:

Even if every word of your post is true, none of that deserved a death sentence.

Your casual use of "the hood" in your previous post tells me a lot about your viewpoint.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Sounds like all charges will be dropped.

All 4 accusers recanted their statements.

Looks like this was a complete hoax or a clever cover up.

Either way prosecutors have no case.

Cool 

He still sucks at football

2 hours ago, FiremanEd52 said:

Now it looks like Baker and Dunbar are getting off because the witnesses are changing their story. 

Is it me or does this all sound like something out of the wire? 

Sounds like snitches get stitches but they get riches if they play ball

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:00 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if every word of your post is true, none of that deserved a death sentence.

Your casual use of "the hood" in your previous post tells me a lot about your viewpoint.  

My use of "the hood" gives you insight into my POV?  GTFO Nostradamus. You assume an awful lot.

4 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Highly defensive?  ROTFLMAO.  Your mangina must get bruised easily.

Actually I get "bruised" thinking about what happens to people like the guy in Georgia who got shot and killed.  I don't just shrug those things off and say "sh*t happens", and it bothers me when others do so, along with reeling off a list of excuses for the killer(s).  

Especially not when my wife wakes up at 3 AM about once a month worrying about what could happen to her brother if he were to get pulled over by a cop for a standard moving violation.