Ed Oliver DWI while carrying firearm

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I guess facts aren't so common anymore.  Cool

GreenwichJetFan's least common sense rankings:

1) Choon's posts in this thread
2) Oliver's DWI with loaded firearms
3) QW trying to do the right thing but not having the common sense to know the gun is illegal in NYC

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

GreenwichJetFan's least common sense rankings:

1) Choon's posts in this thread
2) Oliver's DWI with loaded firearms
3) QW trying to do the right thing but not having the common sense to know the gun is illegal in NYC

This is like the Elephant Man ranking the ugliest people.  Go read a book without pictures and maybe then you'll be able to understand my posts a little better. Child

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If it's not registered in NYC then it's NOT a legal gun. Hence why he was charged with criminal possession of a gun. 

Oliver is charged with 2 misdemeanors, QW is charged with a felony.  QW has way more exposure in the eyes of the court. 

I don't understand your persistence here. Do you honestly believe that what QW did is worse than what Oliver did? Which person displayed better character while committing their crime? 

You're splitting hairs and moving goalposts to justify your original post in the thread.

Just let it go, man. 

• Upvote 4

On 5/17/2020 at 8:14 AM, PCP63 said:

How ******* stupid can you be? Seriously. Why can't multimillionaires afford to call an Uber? 

Actually, maybe they're not so stupid. They know that, as celebrities, they'll just get a slap on the wrist. 6 game suspension? Oh no, they're shaking in their boots . . . 

Missing 6 game checks is hardly a slap on the wrist.  

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This is like the Elephant Man ranking the ugliest people.  Go read a book without pictures and maybe then you'll be able to understand my posts a little better. Child

Ooh zing! you got me! I require a book with pictures in order to understand your posts a little better, and I'm a child, and these are somehow insults!

7 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ooh zing! you got me! I require a book with pictures in order to understand your posts a little better, and I'm a child, and these are somehow insults!

Have your handler explain it to you.  I don't have the time. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yeah but Sheldon Richardson was driving a Rolls, with a gun and his under aged nephew.

Nothing like family.

RIchardson got 1 game for the car thing.  He missed 4 games at the start of 2015 for testing positive for weed.  He got one game at the start of 2016 for a 2nd infraction after being caught street-racing dinged on radar at 120, 130 and 143, running from the police, hiding in a driveway with a gun and his 12 year old nephew in the car.  The report said the car stunk of weed, but I don't think there was any DUI component.  I don't see how Oliver rates 6 games if we are comparing him to Sheldon.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:44 AM, choon328 said:

QW tried to board a flight with a gun.  He has Ed Oliver beat

Actually he didnt 

He tried to check the gun, like he thought he was supposed to.

One was trying to comply with the law the way he understood it, the other blatantly broke the law.  Theres a huge difference

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

RIchardson got 1 game for the car thing.  He missed 4 games at the start of 2015 for testing positive for weed.  He got one game at the start of 2016 for a 2nd infraction after being caught street-racing dinged on radar at 120, 130 and 143, running from the police, hiding in a driveway with a gun and his 12 year old nephew in the car.  The report said the car stunk of weed, but I don't think there was any DUI component.  I don't see how Oliver rates 6 games if we are comparing him to Sheldon.

He’d get more than one game if it happened now. 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually he didnt 

He tried to check the gun, like he thought he was supposed to.

One was trying to comply with the law the way he understood it, the other blatantly broke the law.

I don't understand people that are giving him a pass and saying it's bc he was ignorant of the laws.  If he was actually trying to comply with the law he would have followed the law and registered it in NYC. He was charged with having an unregistered gun in NYC. I fully understand what Oliver did was more dangerous to himself and the public but the constant excuse making for QW being ignorant  makes me want to barf. A quick phone call to his agent about how to legally and safely transport his handgun would've been sufficient to avoid this whole mess. Just bc I'm a Jets fan doesn't mean I need to give him a pass like so many others. Hopefully this dude gets his sh*t together off and on the field. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Above my Pay grade.....   

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Missing 6 game checks is hardly a slap on the wrist.  

When was the last time you saw one of us lose 6 paychecks in response to DWI with a loaded unregistered firearm?  Seems a little wristy slappy to me

When was the last time you saw one of us lose 6 paychecks in response to DWI with a loaded unregistered firearm?  Seems a little wristy slappy to me

Well I’m sure the suspension won’t be the only penalty he suffers. But the $10-25K or so financial hit you or I would suffer means a lot more to us than a pro athlete.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, choon328 said:

I don't understand people that are giving him a pass and saying it's bc he was ignorant of the laws.  If he was actually trying to comply with the law he would have followed the law and registered it in NYC. He was charged with having an unregistered gun in NYC. I fully understand what Oliver did was more dangerous to himself and the public but the constant excuse making for QW being ignorant  makes me want to barf. A quick phone call to his agent about how to legally and safely transport his handgun would've been sufficient to avoid this whole mess. Just bc I'm a Jets fan doesn't mean I need to give him a pass like so many others. Hopefully this dude gets his sh*t together off and on the field. 

Youre going to beat this to death aren't you.  It was well documented, he was under the impression all he had to do was check the gun in, the gun that was broken down and not loaded.  He did what he thought was the along the right procedure.  He wasn't trying to sneak a gun on board a plane as you made it sound.  This isnt a new story, its been covered to death.  

What Oliver did was way worse, to argue it is mind numbing.  As is youre holier than thou, he's so ignorant you want to barf

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

UYoure going to beat this to death aren't you.  It was well documented, he was under the impression all he had to do was check the gun in, the gun that was broken down and not loaded.  He did what he thought was the along the right procedure.  He wasn't trying to sneak a gun on board a plane as you made it sound.  This isnt a new story, its been covered to death.  

What Oliver did was way worse, to argue it is mind numbing.  As is youre holier than thou, he's so ignorant you want to barf

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. He's a ******* dumbass. You have to be a complete ******* moron to not be 100% sure of how to check an unregistered handgun into a NYC airport that has the most strict laws in the country and the most heightened airport security in the country. And he got charged for the unregistered gun, not for just "checking it in incorrectly". I know according to you I should just defend every Jets players actions like you but I can't do that. I'm not that unintelligent to just follow the masses. If QW was on any other team all of the excuse makers for him would be saying what I'm saying. That's guaranteed.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

UYoure going to beat this to death aren't you.  It was well documented, he was under the impression all he had to do was check the gun in, the gun that was broken down and not loaded.  He did what he thought was the along the right procedure.  He wasn't trying to sneak a gun on board a plane as you made it sound.  This isnt a new story, its been covered to death.  

You are both right.  This is what a wonderlic score of 11 gets you.  We are lucky QW can tie his own shoes.  

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. He's a ******* dumbass. You have to be a complete ******* moron to not be 100% sure of how to check an unregistered handgun into a NYC airport that has the most strict laws in the country and the most heightened airport security in the country. And he got charged for the unregistered gun, not for just "checking it in incorrectly". I know according to you I should just defend every Jets players actions like you but I can't do that. I'm not that unintelligent to just follow the masses. If QW was on any other team all of the excuse makers for him would be saying what I'm saying. That's guaranteed.

OK he screwed up we get it.  Hes not beyond screwing up, we know that now.  And youre outraged.  

And no its not me defending every Jet.  Its not blaming every Jet while trying to sell and believing the idea that thinking youre in compliance, breaking down a gun to check it in is a major crime and on the same leve4l as what Oliver did.  Its not even close.  

If QW was on any other team I would say the same thing.  Believe whatever you want

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

*Bentley 

Rolls Royce bought Bentley and they became ONE in 1931.. and in 1998 BMW bought the Rolls Royce name.. The true tradition of Rolls Royce are being sold under the Bentley name now, hence Bentley owns Rolls Royce in spirit. Courtesy of WIKI:)

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Rolls Royce bought Bentley and they became ONE in 1931.. and in 1998 BMW bought the Rolls Royce name.. The true tradition of Rolls Royce are being sold under the Bentley name now, hence Bentley owns Rolls Royce in spirit. Courtesy of WIKI:)

Well I do refer to my attorneys 911 as an overpriced VW so I’m ok with this. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

If it happened to a player on another team, it wouldn't've even registered with me. 

Ignorance of the law isn't going to give him a free pass, but it should give him a very reduced charge and sentence. He's a 21 year old kid who knew the gun laws where he was from and believed he was following them correctly in NY. He was wrong, but his intent was to legally move a firearm safely. Intent matters. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, varjet said:

QW is just not very smart. 

Ed Oliver is irresponsible and does not have good character.

Ed Oliver though is a much better football player. 

Do we know QW is not very smart, or did he perhaps follow guidelines set out by the TSA, which are not very smart, and end up getting in trouble?  Haven't seen or heard all of the details yet.

Worth watching.  Entirely possible QW did exactly what the TSA told him to do, only to get in trouble for it.  I don't think the intentions of the TSA or NYPD had any malice, I just think they're idiots for not being able to get on the same page here.

• Upvote 1