Ed Oliver DWI while carrying firearm

Just now, RobR said:

The only reason he was charged with carrying a gun illegally was because they presumed he was drunk. He wasn't and that's why all of the charges were dropped. He also blew a 0.0 on the scene.....not .05 or .07. zero point zero. It's really not that hard to comprehend. 

Which I've said a number of times now

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

What illegal gun? You keep saying that and I'm not sure why. The facts are that Oliver didn't commit one crime and was subsequently arrested, strip searched, spent a night in jail, and his license was suspended. 

Now the facts come out and it turns out he didn't break one single law. 

Conspiracy theory: Oliver's blood sample was switched out for a clean sample by someone in the lab sympathetic to BLM. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

The only reason he was charged with carrying a gun illegally was because they presumed he was drunk. He wasn't and that's why all of the charges were dropped. He also blew a 0.0 on the scene.....not .05 or .07. zero point zero. It's really not that hard to comprehend. 

Breathalyzer's are only to see what one's blood alcohol concentration is...doesn't account for other drugs that impair your ability to operate a motor vehicle. 

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, read my post and other than the cop screwing up portion, where am I wrong?

Was he not pulled over?  Determined, wrongfully to be drunk and subsequently an illegal gun found in his car?  But the gun was there, a technicality says it wasn't.  What I said.

No the gun was there. There was no technicality that says the gun wasn't there.

The police concluded that the gun was 100% legal. Absent any other crime, Oliver had 100% right to have that gun in his car.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Breathalyzer's are only to see what one's blood alcohol concentration is...doesn't account for other drugs that impair your ability to operate a motor vehicle. 

Well apparently he wasn't using any other drugs because his blood test came back negative. Facts

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

After his FAILED field sobriety test, he's arrested and after that he awaits the blood test results. I'm sure that took longer amid a pandemic. Don't you think?

I don't think he failed anything.  I think it was a BS stop.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

His charges will be dropped.  NFL will do nothing.  Unlike Oliver who still is probably looking at a suspension. 

Lol the charges against Oliver were already dropped. Oliver will not face any suspension.

Quinnen might thou.

14 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Lol the charges against Oliver were already dropped. Oliver will not face any suspension.

Quinnen might thou.

If your point is dropped charges mean no suspension thats not how the NFL has or does operate.  

• WTF? 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If your point is dropped charges mean no suspension thats not how the NFL has or does operate.  

But what's the NFL going to suspend Oliver for? Transporting a legal weapon while sober?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

He FAILED the field sobriety test.

How? He blew .00 What part of the test did the cops "say" he failed?

Did he really fail, or did the police just decide they were going to arrest him?

If I'm a cop, I'm not going to arrest someone for DWI who has ZERO alcohol in his system, but that's just me.

51 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I don't think he failed anything.  I think it was a BS stop.  

I haven't been following his case. If this is true, I'm glad the charges were dropped and I hope his name is completely cleared. Stuff like this unfairly sticks. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

How? He blew .00 What part of the test did the cops "say" he failed?

Did he really fail, or did the police just decide they were going to arrest him?

If I'm a cop, I'm not going to arrest someone for DWI who has ZERO alcohol in his system, but that's just me.

The breathalyzers is only part of a field sobriety test.  

• Upvote 2