• WR Jamison Crowder
    • WR Breshard Perriman
    • WR Denzel Mims
    • WR Josh Doctson
    • WR Braxton Berrios
    • WR Vyncint Smith
    • WR Lawrence Cager
    • Someone Else

Crowder receptions.  Bell was the 2nd in receptions last year.  Crowder only had 12 more but he had 26 more than Anderson.  I think the gap will be similar again this season.

I voted Perriman for yards probably trying to wish it true but if I'm being honest, I'd imagine it's probably Crowder.

I think Griffin leads the team in TD receptions.  They resigned him for a reason.  Darnold clearly trust him.  I could see him with 8-10 TD's, honestly.  He had 5 on 34 last season.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If there is a 2020 NFL season as we all hope and pray there will be, who will lead the Jets in Receptions, Receiving Yards, and Receiving TDs?

Crowder to all, till one of the others shows reason to think otherwise.

Bell won't because Bell is a multi-man platoon back now.

While I appreciate that WR's often need time to be decent, I would hope Mims competes with Crowder for Yards and TD's at least.

• Upvote 3

i think it's going to be between crowder and perriman.  perriman is on a prove it contract so he's going to play hard.  crowder is a good receiver.  the tough choice is td total since i think they're still going to have more ground and pound than most fans want.  gore is good back to have in short yardage and goal line situations.

• Upvote 1

Crowder for all of them.  I'd love for Mims to be a leader in any/all categories but rookie WRs always take time to develop.  That will be an even steeper climb with the COVID impact.

@JiF picking Griffin for TD's makes sense but I imagine Herndon's return will lead to a bit of a split in TD's at the TE position, opening the door for Crowder to lead the team in that category as well.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Crowder for all of them.  I'd love for Mims to be a leader in any/all categories but rookie WRs always take time to develop.  That will be an even steeper clime with the COVID impact.

@JiF picking Griffin for TD's makes sense but I imagine Herndon's return will lead to a bit of a split in TD's at the TE position, opening the door for Crowder to lead the team in that category as well.

That's a good point.  And if the OL improves, I think we'll have more than 6 rushing TD's. lol.  omg we had 6 rushing TD's last year

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, slats said:

Same thought process, two different votes. Crowder for receptions, that one’s easy as long as he’s healthy. Went with Mims for yards, also trying to wish it true, and Herndon over Griffin for TDs. 

I'm trying to be realistic with Mims.  While I'm stoked on the pick, the NFL is a lot different than the Big 12 and to come into the league and lead the team in anything would be awesome.  I hope it happens.  Would be such a welcomed change. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, JiF said:

I'm trying to be realistic with Mims.  While I'm stoked on the pick, the NFL is a lot different than the Big 12 and to come into the league and lead the team in anything would be awesome.  I hope it happens.  Would be such a welcomed change.

I hear you. Like I said, I was also trying to wish it true. Like you, I’m far from sold on Perriman, and Mims taking the reins as a rookie would just be the best possible outcome. I get that he’s got a steep adjustment, but he’s a big dude with all the tools and some solid experience behind him as a three year starter. After seeing a guy like DK do it last year, I’d say it’s well within the realm of possibility. 

• Upvote 1

Jamison Crowder turned out to be a nice addition that quickly built chemistry with Sammy. Now, with Sammys other favorite, Robbie gone, Crowder becomes much more important as a relief valve. Now, I'm not exactly sure of who will have the most receptions, yards, and touchdowns. That would really depends on how well I can read Gase's playcalling. I just know Crowder becomes a much more important cog in the offense.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Crowder receptions.  Bell was the 2nd in receptions last year.  Crowder only had 12 more but he had 26 more than Anderson.  I think the gap will be similar again this season.

I voted Perriman for yards probably trying to wish it true but if I'm being honest, I'd imagine it's probably Crowder.

I think Griffin leads the team in TD receptions.  They resigned him for a reason.  Darnold clearly trust him.  I could see him with 8-10 TD's, honestly.  He had 5 on 34 last season.

Similar thoughts here. Crowder for receptions and yards, and Griffin for TDs.

I was tempted to vote Mims for yards or TDs, but don't want to put that kind of expectation on a rookie. If he proves me wrong I'll be ecstatic.

TBH, I really have no idea who Perriman is and what to expect from him.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

While I appreciate that WR's often need time to be decent, I would hope Mims competes with Crowder for Yards and TD's at least.

this. i very much want to see more targets go to this player than to Perriman... or any TE....   actually...

i'd like to see the targets to Mims exceed Perriman+the most targeted TE....     thats how much i am hoping that Mims is who i think he can be....

Megatron Jr.

I’m expecting Crowder to get the most catches, but I can see Mims around 800-900 yards and that could be enough to lead the team in yards. If Mims isn’t close to 900 then this season is gonna be really bad. Herndon will be the guy to get the TDs. His whole vibe with Darnold will payoff this year if he can stay healthy.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Mims = 1100 Yards

This would  be quite an impressive feat, considering that only 5 WRs in the Super Bowl era have had 1,100+ yards in their rookie seasons:

• Randy Moss (1,313 - 1998)
  • Odell Beckham (1,305 - 2014)
  • Anquan Boldin (1,377 - 2003)
  • Michael Thomas (1,137 - 2016)
  • Terry Glenn  (1,132 - 1996)
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This would  be quite an impressive feat, considering that only 5 WRs in the Super Bowl era have had 1,100+ yards in their rookie seasons:

• Randy Moss (1,313 - 1998)
  • Odell Beckham (1,305 - 2014)
  • Anquan Boldin (1,377 - 2003)
  • Michael Thomas (1,137 - 2016)
  • Terry Glenn  (1,132 - 1996)

Just Wait... Mims is OBJ without the insanity

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Just Wait... Mims is OBJ without the insanity

I don't doubt he'll be an excellent WR1.  I just doubt that he'll put up 1,100 yards right away.  It's not a requirement for a WR to have a studly rookie campaign for him to end up being an excellent player.