Remember this game?

That roster might be the worst in team history. Geno Smith and David Nelson? What a train WRECK of a roster. Rex took a bunch of GD nobodies and beat the patsies. Definitely Rex's finest coaching season. I don't care what anyone says, Rex Ryan would be a VAST improvement over Toilet or Gase. They both SUCK in comparison. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Geno was the perfect one game QB.  Give him any receivers with who he could buid up an instant communication with.  And he could win a game off sheer ability.  It's why he's still in the league.  But ever ask him to rise above his talent or consistently out play that game plann against him... you were up ___ creek.  He was fun to watch at West Virginia with those skill guys though.  (Tavon Auatin, forget who else.)  It was like running up the numbers on a pin ball machine.  Also, that draft walk he took to the podium was visibly hard to watch.  Man.  This game being back memories.

Coples, Hill, Nelson, Antonio Allen, Jeff Cumberland? Are any of those scrubs in the league anymore? Brian Winters the rookie, a 4th round draft choice no less, was forced into the starting lineup because Vladimir Ducasse was so awful in his 4th year no less. That Jets team was TERRIBLE. And yet they won? That was one hell of a coaching job.

• Sympathy 1

On 5/19/2020 at 10:59 AM, NYJ1 said:

That roster might be the worst in team history. Geno Smith and David Nelson? What a train WRECK of a roster. Rex took a bunch of GD nobodies and beat the patsies. Definitely Rex's finest coaching season. I don't care what anyone says, Rex Ryan would be a VAST improvement over Toilet or Gase. They both SUCK in comparison. 

I

rember that game.

Edited by JetsFanShawn
I Rember watching that game

On 5/19/2020 at 11:39 AM, Jetlife33 said:

Fun game. I think the pats were missing like half of their defense due to injuries, jets got lucky with the flag on folks missed gw field goal. They rode Ivory to victory. A win is a win! 

Ivory was the most fun player for me to watch that season.  

11 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Ivory was the most fun player for me to watch that season.  

Think this was the season Rex also defeated a Saints team that was expected to destroy the Jets. The Jets ended up neutralizing that potent offense. That was also a great display of coaching by Rex.

• Sympathy 1

Rex fooled a lot of people, much like the op.  That was not even close to his best coaching.  that team got ass smacked in almost every loss, got two games including the pats game handed to them on a last minute blunder by the other team.  That team gave up and ungodly number of big plays on defense , like an alarming high number.

The team was garbage and rex was now past his best before date but because he foolled noob idzik and guys like the op he got two more years and the results were totally predictable.

That year was the very definition of you are NOT what your record says you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Was that the year they had Darrin Walls and Antonio Allen as their starting CB’s?

Cro and Milliner started this one, with Wilson.  Dawan and Allen at safety with Jaquan Jarrett playing some.  For those of us that liked Allen, this game was probably the peak.  Gronk had 100+ yards, but it was on a ton of targets and Allen outscored him.  

Idzik didn't do a good enough job sabotaging Rex, so the following year they went with the zero CB approach and had to hit the full reset.  The intended starters were Dmitri Patterson and Milliner.  Yikes. They went 8-8, but the point differential was very poor, around -100.  I think that their expected win total was less than 6.  Several of the wins were minor miracles - this one with the penalty on the missed OT FG, the opener where they spit up the lead with 30 seconds left, but the roughing penalty let Folk kick the game winning 50 yarder as time ran out.  Those of us that wanted to look at the glass half full pointed to this game and beating the Saints as indications they could be better than their record.  With the corners they trotted out in 2014, there was no chance.