12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Taking up my entire screen. big one on top, slightly smaller on the bottom, hard to scroll/post/read etc.

We are in the process of implementing something new. A few things are being tested out so thank you for your patience. There will be a few temporary issues, please let me know if you see stuff like this. Right now there should be anything up and our goal is to do what we have done in the past. Show less ads for registered members and more ads for guests. I wish we could do it without ads all together, that just isn't an option unfortunately.

We will keep the user experience at the top of the list though. When the new ads go in place just give more feedback and we can tweak as needed.

Thank You.

43 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We are in the process of implementing something new. A few things are being tested out so thank you for your patience. There will be a few temporary issues, please let me know if you see stuff like this. Right now there should be anything up and our goal is to do what we have done in the past. Show less ads for registered members and more ads for guests. I wish we could do it without ads all together, that just isn't an option unfortunately.

We will keep the user experience at the top of the list though. When the new ads go in place just give more feedback and we can tweak as needed.

Thank You.

No worries I'm cool with adds but it's impacting my ability to scroll/view the page/post, etc.  For example, I cant multiqoute which is critical for mafia.

And right now, I'm havnig to scroll all the way down on my browser to hit sub button.

just as examples. 

• Upvote 2

I understand the ads and am okay with it but to add to Jif, more of my screen is ads than it is message board or it seems that way at least. They take longer to load so I've tried to click a topic but just at that time the ad loads and it moves the board so I end up clicking page 9 or something (an example that happened when I tried visiting this  specific thread).

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Drums said:

I understand the ads and am okay with it but to add to Jif, more of my screen is ads than it is message board or it seems that way at least. They take longer to load so I've tried to click a topic but just at that time the ad loads and it moves the board so I end up clicking page 9 or something (an example that happened when I tried visiting this  specific thread).

4 hours ago, JiF said:

No worries I'm cool with adds but it's impacting my ability to scroll/view the page/post, etc.  For example, I cant multiqoute which is critical for mafia.

And right now, I'm havnig to scroll all the way down on my browser to hit sub button.

just as examples. 

I will check with the network. I am not seeing any ads at all right now. So I wasn't even aware they were up, it wasn't supposed to happen until the end of the week. But I will look into it, we definitely don't want everyone scrolling like that. Sorry.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't notice any ad's today but yesterday I had ads at the bottom bar it slightly interfered with the post reply box at the bottom of the page. I found that zooming out on Chrome shrunk the screen size and helped the issue, though I can confirm that as of this morning I see no ad's. :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Tezza said:

I don't notice any ad's today but yesterday I had ads at the bottom bar it slightly interfered with the post reply box at the bottom of the page. I found that zooming out on Chrome shrunk the screen size and helped the issue, though I can confirm that as of this morning I see no ad's. :thumbup:

Thanks. We are working on it, please let me know if you see any other issues. 

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, British Jet said:

Not sure how I posted the images if I wasn't signed in ?

That is weird that it said Guest though.  Either way I think i found the problem and if they didn't turn it off yet, it will be done tomorrow.

There are ads on desktop and mobile that are showing up when logged in - in between posts and threads. We never had that before. So they are making those for guests only.  

I think that will fix it but if you see issues after tomorrow please let me know.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

The ads are based on your search history.

Generally speaking I understand that, but I assure you I’ve never searched anything even resembling “dimwitted oompah loompah’s birthday”. And it only happened on that day which is why I posted about it.

Otherwise it’s been the standard ads that I’ve gotten used to seeing across various platforms which actually are relevant to my search histories. 

Either way, I don’t really care. Just something I noticed and figured you might want to know about. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Generally speaking I understand that, but I assure you I’ve never searched anything even resembling “dimwitted oompah loompah’s birthday”. And it only happened on that day which is why I posted about it.

Otherwise it’s been the standard ads that I’ve gotten used to seeing across various platforms which actually are relevant to my search histories. 

Either way, I don’t really care. Just something I noticed and figured you might want to know about. 

I can disable.political ads but that would probably cut the site earnings in half right now.

I haven't seen one political ad myself. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, freestater said:

Screenshot_20200627-194555_Chrome.jpg

Would you like me to disable political ads? If we do that right now the ads won't make enough to even pay the hosting. Just want to be clear in what is being suggested here.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Would you like me to disable political ads? If we do that right now the ads won't make enough to even pay the hosting. Just want to be clear in what is being suggested here.

Oh, nope sorry. I thought something had slipped past you Max. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. It just made me go woah! Didn't know if you were aware. 

I dont want you to remove them, no. I'm a big boy, I can handle a few ads I dont neccesarily appreciate. I dont run an ad blocker because I know it helps the site to run ads. I honestly was going to send this to you in a PM, but the PM format didn't have a place for me to include the screenshot. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/28/2020 at 6:54 AM, freestater said:

Oh, nope sorry. I thought something had slipped past you Max. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. It just made me go woah! Didn't know if you were aware. 

I dont want you to remove them, no. I'm a big boy, I can handle a few ads I dont neccesarily appreciate. I dont run an ad blocker because I know it helps the site to run ads. I honestly was going to send this to you in a PM, but the PM format didn't have a place for me to include the screenshot. 

Thank you. The ad market is a bit of a cluster blank right now. So I am hoping we can leave the political ads, it does make a difference, so I appreciate it.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

WTF is it with those incessant Brazilians dancing videos at the top of all the pages?    I have seen them so often that I know all the moves as if I choreographed the damn things.  lol

I will say those folks can definitely dance, especially the one couple with the cute chick with the legs.

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

WTF is it with those incessant Brazilians dancing videos at the top of all the pages?    I have seen them so often that I know all the moves as if I choreographed the damn things.  lol

I will say those folks can definitely dance, especially the one couple with the cute chick with the legs.

You are welcome lol.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 5:15 PM, jetophile said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that was getting this! It was fine, and then all of a sudden about 2 days ago on my phone I got bombarded (that was with being logged in, not as a guest). I got a little freaked out, I thought I had a virus! It hasn't done it on my laptop whatsoever. 

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks.

I use DuckDuckGo so I don't know if that has anything to do with it (laptop)? It has been pretty good on the phone since I posted that, but showed up again this morning only not nearly as bad.

You should kick that spy machine, Google, in the ass. I really detest them, and it's almost impossible to get away  from them unless your IT knowledge level is so high you practically need government clearance (lol); but I do what I can in the small ways that are available to me as a private citizen ("private" being a huge oxymoron).

I have no way of knowing if this website makes serious revenue/coin for you, but if it's just a side gig/labor of love that brings in some extra cash that you wouldn't miss too much I'm sure you could EASILY get plenty of people to donate small amounts voluntarily and the rest could still ride free if you hosted on your own server.

I fully expect this post to go poof! Because Google. Food for thought while it lasts. : /

On 9/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, jetophile said:

I use DuckDuckGo so I don't know if that has anything to do with it (laptop)? It has been pretty good on the phone since I posted that, but showed up again this morning only not nearly as bad.

You should kick that spy machine, Google, in the ass. I really detest them, and it's almost impossible to get away  from them unless your IT knowledge level is so high you practically need government clearance (lol); but I do what I can in the small ways that are available to me as a private citizen ("private" being a huge oxymoron).

I have no way of knowing if this website makes serious revenue/coin for you, but if it's just a side gig/labor of love that brings in some extra cash that you wouldn't miss too much I'm sure you could EASILY get plenty of people to donate small amounts voluntarily and the rest could still ride free if you hosted on your own server.

I fully expect this post to go poof! Because Google. Food for thought while it lasts. : /

I have no idea what you are talking about. But honestly with all the government stuff you are alluding to in here, let's just move on. This will get political.

We don't run this site with a profit motive in mind. It is expensive to run with a dedicated server and our record traffic #s this year. But advertising does cover it, so thanks for the offer but user donations is something we have always passed on and we will continue to do so.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. But honestly with all the government stuff you are alluding to in here, let's just move on. This will get political.

We don't run this site with a profit motive in mind. It is expensive to run with a dedicated server and our record traffic #s this year. But advertising does cover it, so thanks for the offer but user donations is something we have always passed on and we will continue to do so.

Thanks.

That's OK. Nobody else really does, either. : /  It won't get political at all, it's just a relevant factual observation on a portion of factual current events that don't seem to be changing for the better anytime soon; but I can appreciate why you would think it necessary to shut down the discourse given the policy of the site. No harm meant. 

I also didn't mean for donations to be required and I know you understood that and I understand it in turn. I was just throwing that out there because . . .  reasons. Anyway, I hope you come to a happy medium soon and it's good to be back. GO JETS!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been really good on my phone lately until this morning. I'm too stupid to know how to do a screenshot, but it's a full page ad for Life Lock that blocks out the entire forum page. When you click to close it, it re-directs. Happened three times over the course of an hour. 

Hi, I was logged out for a couple of hours and as soon as I logged in just now, BANG!, full page pop up ad, only this time strictly for Norton. Tried to close it, re-directed to Norton Security website to buy Norton Security/Virus Protection/Talk to an Agent. Look on the bright side! At least it's not re-directing to a malware site, lol.