Redskins Rookie WR Antonio Gandy-Golden cleared after testing positive for COVID-19

https://www.nfl.com/news/antonio-gandy-golden-cleared-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19-redskins

Gandy-Golden cleared after testing positive for COVID-19

Headshot_Author_Nick-shook_1400x1000

Nick Shook

AROUND THE NFL WRITER

Antonio Gandy-Golden realized the dream of being drafted by an NFL team in April, but it didn't come without a serious obstacle.

Gandy-Golden tested positive for COVID-19 in late March and was forced to self-quarantine while dealing with symptoms, which were mild, the receiver said in a statement.

"During my pre-draft training, I tested positive for COVID-19 on March 24," Gandy-Golden said in the statement released by his agent. "My symptoms thankfully were mild, but I self-quarantined for two weeks and followed all guidelines from health experts. I was fully cleared April 7. I feel 100% now and can't wait to get on the field for the Redskins ASAP!"

The Redskins selected the 6-foot-4 Liberty receiver in the fourth round of April's draft. Gandy-Golden is the latest professional athlete to be infected by the coronavirus, joining Broncos star Von Miller and Rams center Brian Allen among the NFL players to publicly reveal a positive diagnosis for COVID-19.

• Upvote 1

Really would have liked AGG instead of Morgan in the 4th. Might have been a slight reach, but I see more value there.

Redskins also signed Moss as an UDFA. I just wanted the Jets to sign him so we’d be great by association - but also because Herndon is always hurt and Moss seems like he definitely has a shot at the 53.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Really would have liked AGG instead of Morgan in the 4th. Might have been a slight reach, but I see more value there.

Me too, I think he was worth a roll of the dice more so than Morgan, had really hoped that we would draft him.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Redskins also signed Moss as an UDFA. I just wanted the Jets to sign him so we’d be great by association - but also because Herndon is always hurt and Moss seems like he definitely has a shot at the 53.

Redskins had two under radar picks in AGG and Antonio Gibson.  I would have loved to have drafted those two players.  Definitely would have preferred AGG to Morgan; Dude looks like a poor mans Terrell Owens or Brandon Marshall, but oh well we got a developmental back up quarterback.   He better show something so we can trade him in a year or two for 2nd or 3rd our pick. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The irony of this is, part of the reason Moss wasn't drafted was because of an injury to his foot that was revealed at the combine.