Known Weenie Mike Greenberg 'Storms Out' After Darnold Not Selected Best QB in AFC East in 3 Years Time

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

For face value we all know Sam Darnold is the better QB. It's no secret the draftniks appear to be correct when they claimed Sammy was the real deal and the highest rated QB coming into the draft. 

The problem here is what's not being mentioned. 

It's the COACHING and nothing else.

Bellichick is a superior HC to Adam Gase. Everyone knows it but doesn't want to admit it in the context of this thread. So suddenly we find ourselves with BETTER talent at the QB spot and yet we cannot exploit it. 

So what's the solution? Every problem has a solution. It's simply a matter of thinking it up and then finding the right person to execute it. The most obvious solution would be to fire the HC and hire a new one. However, that's not going to happen anytime soon. When you make the decision to hire a HC you have to be willing to stand behind that choice for some reasonable amount of time. Chris Johnson and as an extension JOE DOUGLAS is going to support Adam Gase for a certain amount of time. 

So what we're faced with is playing a waiting game. We hope that our HC gets it eventually and starts to go tit-for-tat with Bellichick. If not, at some point Gase will get fired and then we'll have the opportunity to decide who we'll hire that will be able to beat Bellichick.

I submit that the Jets have already had a HC that could consistently face Bellichick, and given the talent, could out think Bellichick and beat him regularly. Of course not all the time, but certainly his share. That guy was Rex Ryan. Take it for what it's worth.

well, i guess we'll find out soon enough if it's the qb or the coach.  if bellichicken pulls out another afce division title then the hats go off to him.  and if tampa wins their division then hats gotta go off to brady.  as for the gase/darnold argument, with the exception of joe gibbs and billick, no coach has won a championship with a sub par qb and even there rypien/williams/dilfer were the right qb's when you consider the overall team.  we'll see if gase can get better production out of darnold.  i think most people forget about the team going 6-2 down the stretch and give gase zero credit.  likewise he gets all of the blame for the slow start.  okay they should've won the buffalo game but after that darnold was a no show and the losing just piled up.  going from 1-7 to 6-2 is no mean feat.  and it's even more remarkable considering the bad oline and lack of talent at key positions.

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Same here..  my mom was in college in the early 70's when I was a kid.  She was a member of the womens lib club. Would have tie die, bar burning parties in the backyard. I nick named her Bella Abzug.

The horror of burning a backyard bar!

Say it ain't so CPA!

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

Haha! I’m “my parents were at Woodstock and moved to Park Slope” liberal. But way less annoying, just take my word.

Yeah, most of those kids actully grew up, did  30 years in a corporate cube "working for the Man".  Are now annoying us in Florida.  :) 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Yeah, most of those kids actully grew up, did  30 years in a corporate cube "working for the Man".  Are now annoying us in Florida.  :) 

Nah. My parents are still in Brooklyn. They hate Florida.

Context matters.

What Darnold has done in two years behind this offensive line is nothing less than impressive.  Most quarterbacks would have crumbled and been ruined by now.  He isn't setting the world on fire, but he has managed to hold his own.  Things will only get better as Joe Douglas builds an NFL worthy roster around him.

Since drafting Darnold, the Jets are 0-6 when is out of the lineup.  They are 11-15 when he starts.  Enough said.

• Upvote 3