Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BornJetsFan1983

Gase is excited about Gore - but couldnt find a way to use Bell

Recommended Posts

Just a reminder, as excited as we all are for this season - and I am excited because of the roster moves etc. Our HC is a buffoon and doesn't know how to effectively run an offense. Signing Gore is offensive. When Gore is crap along wiht the whole Offense, don't be surprised. Honestly could you imagine steelers going to gore with snaps lol. 

i expect our team to do better I guess than last year, but every single game will be like what the hell is Gase doing. Bring on the suck!!

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just a reminder, as excited as we all are for this season - and I am excited because of the roster moves etc. Our HC is a buffoon and doesn't know how to effectively run an offense. Signing Gore is offensive. When Gore is crap along wiht the whole Offense, don't be surprised. Honestly could you imagine steelers going to gore with snaps lol. 

i expect our team to do better I guess than last year, but every single game will be like what the hell is Gase doing. Bring on the suck!!

Don't worry about it.  Gase said he's gonna' watch some film from Bell's Pittsburgh days to find out what he's good at.

I mean, he also said that during training camp, but I'm sure he meant it the second time.

If he didn't mean it the second time, third time's a charm, right?

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Just a reminder".  lol.  About 1/3 of the threads lately have contained "reminders" that Adam Gase does, in fact, suck.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bell averaged 4.0 ypc behind three Pro Bowl linemen in Pittsburgh three years ago. He’s shot.

No getting around the fact that this may be the case, but last year was about the worst way anyone could evaluate a RB.  I was hopeful that his year off would've helped his body recover a bit, but with no holes to run through last season, who the hell knows?  He was never a burner to begin with, but being elusive does you no good when you're consistenly hit as you're taking the handoff.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AFJF said:

No getting around the fact that this may be the case, but last year was about the worst way anyone could evaluate a RB.  I was hopeful that his year off would've helped his body recover a bit, but with no holes to run through last season, who the hell knows?  He was never a burner to begin with, but being elusive does you no good when you're consistenly hit as you're taking the handoff.

Absolutely. I think the only “right way” to use Bell at this point is aa a reserve back and outlet receiver. His days aa a lead back are over, particularly if the line isn’t good

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

Absolutely. I think the only “right way” to use Bell at this point is aa a reserve back and outlet receiver. His days aa a lead back are over, particularly if the line isn’t good

My major issue with Gase last year regarding Bell was how infrequently he was used as a receiver.  It was clear that he was never going to get anything going behind that O-line.  With one of the NFL's best blocking backs in Bilal Powell on the roster, there was no reason not go put Powell in at HB with Bell in the slot or out wide where he's still good enough to create mismatches.

Even when he had little to offer in his final season, Matt Forte was able to get open when given the opportunity and there's no reason to believe Bell wouldn't have been able to do the same.

In his final season in Pittsburgh, Bellw as split out wide over 130 times IIRC.  Last season with the Jets it was in the 65-75 range.

When you're 32nd in the NFL in offense and you have a guy with Bell's skill set, what's the harm in putting him in position to make a play and score some points?

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just a reminder, as excited as we all are for this season - and I am excited because of the roster moves etc. Our HC is a buffoon and doesn't know how to effectively run an offense. Signing Gore is offensive. When Gore is crap along wiht the whole Offense, don't be surprised. Honestly could you imagine steelers going to gore with snaps lol. 

i expect our team to do better I guess than last year, but every single game will be like what the hell is Gase doing. Bring on the suck!!

that's a little silly.  it's not gase's fault the oline was crap.  bell wasn't going to be running anywhere without a decent oline in front of him.  imo we're going to see a team that operates much more smoothly as all of team comes together.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that's a little silly.  it's not gase's fault the oline was crap.  bell wasn't going to be running anywhere without a decent oline in front of him.  imo we're going to see a team that operates much more smoothly as all of team comes together.

It's alot silly

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cue 2021 off season right after the year ends.  "You know?  What we really need is a back with great speed someone that can take a short play and make it a long play!"

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AFJF said:

My major issue with Gase last year regarding Bell was how infrequently he was used as a receiver.  It was clear that he was never going to get anything going behind that O-line.  With one of the NFL's best blocking backs in Bilal Powell on the roster, there was no reason not go put Powell in at HB with Bell in the slot or out wide where he's still good enough to create mismatches.

Even when he had little to offer in his final season, Matt Forte was able to get open when given the opportunity and there's no reason to believe Bell wouldn't have been able to do the same.

In his final season in Pittsburgh, Bellw as split out wide over 130 times IIRC.  Last season with the Jets it was in the 65-75 range.

When you're 32nd in the NFL in offense and you have a guy with Bell's skill set, what's the harm in putting him in position to make a play and score some points?

 

I agree. I’m relatively optimistic about Gase, but his unwillingness to use both Bell and Montgomery in the pass game was not good. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank Gore is a Pro.

He'll give us whatever he has left.

We'll just have to hope the 2020 RB-by-committee idea works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit torn here. Don’t have a lot of love for Gase, but I never had any interest in Bell at all. 

What to do, what to do... ? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AFJF said:

My major issue with Gase last year regarding Bell was how infrequently he was used as a receiver.  It was clear that he was never going to get anything going behind that O-line.  With one of the NFL's best blocking backs in Bilal Powell on the roster, there was no reason not go put Powell in at HB with Bell in the slot or out wide where he's still good enough to create mismatches.

Even when he had little to offer in his final season, Matt Forte was able to get open when given the opportunity and there's no reason to believe Bell wouldn't have been able to do the same.

In his final season in Pittsburgh, Bellw as split out wide over 130 times IIRC.  Last season with the Jets it was in the 65-75 range.

When you're 32nd in the NFL in offense and you have a guy with Bell's skill set, what's the harm in putting him in position to make a play and score some points?

 

This argument makes a lot of sense to me - which is my major concern with the validity of the point. You and I are individuals behind keyboards. If we think splitting Bell out and using him more in the passing game was the most effective way to use him - wouldn’t most all opposing NFL coaches be aware of that? Maybe it is that simple. But I’m at least a little skeptical. If Bell’s not going to beat you in the running game - why not focus on him in the passing game?

Essentially defending the offense the Jets put out last year was don’t let Robby Anderson beat you downfield and pay attention to Bell and Crowder short. Hopefully the addition of more playmakers helps (and continues).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don’t get the whole “Gase didn’t find a way to use Bell” argument.  He’s a RB not a WR, how many times did you want to line him up outside or throw screens to him?   They were stacking the LOS and keying Bell pretty much every play since there was nothing else to worry about on this offense.   Add in the fact that Bell looked sluggish at best and you get a disgustingly low 3.3 YPC.   He was a poor fit and horrific signing from day 1.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poster: Thanks macc for giving us the worst offensive line in the NFL!

Same poster: Why couldn't Gase more out of Bell and the offense?

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look the topic should be can AG get everyone on the same page and executing his schemes... if not then he should go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Bell averaged 4.0 ypc behind three Pro Bowl linemen in Pittsburgh three years ago. He’s shot.

I hope not.

 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

that's a little silly.  it's not gase's fault the oline was crap.  bell wasn't going to be running anywhere without a decent oline in front of him.  imo we're going to see a team that operates much more smoothly as all of team comes together.

sure not his fault on the oline sucking...ok..but def his fault for not game-planning to get bell the ball and help his qb/rb/wr out with plays designed to get the ball out quick...

i hope you are right about the team coming together - oline should be better than decent 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Bit torn here. Don’t have a lot of love for Gase, but I never had any interest in Bell at all. 

What to do, what to do... ? 

drink?

 

34 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I still don’t get the whole “Gase didn’t find a way to use Bell” argument.  He’s a RB not a WR, how many times did you want to line him up outside or throw screens to him?   They were stacking the LOS and keying Bell pretty much every play since there was nothing else to worry about on this offense.   Add in the fact that Bell looked sluggish at best and you get a disgustingly low 3.3 YPC.   He was a poor fit and horrific signing from day 1.  

well he was the best WR on the team...

 

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Poster: Thanks macc for giving us the worst offensive line in the NFL!

Same poster: Why couldn't Gase more out of Bell and the offense?

obvious comment: coach should call plays that fit his players...giving bell the ball up the gut on the line over and over again probably not good, design some plays to get bell the ball quick and the outside ----good...not trying to rehash it all BUT it does bum me out that we signed Gore like that was some sort of good think. Just another Gase bone head thing to do.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Poster: Thanks macc for giving us the worst offensive line in the NFL!

Same poster: Why couldn't Gase more out of Bell and the offense?

If you’re going to sign a player like Lev Bell, you have to have an established o-line. Maccagnan was delusional in his assessment of the o-line. As a result, Bell couldn’t get going behind a terrible run blocking unit. 
 

I’m not as pessimistic about Bell behind this line. It’s not like Bell is some graybeard. He’s 28. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I still don’t get the whole “Gase didn’t find a way to use Bell” argument.  He’s a RB not a WR, how many times did you want to line him up outside or throw screens to him?   They were stacking the LOS and keying Bell pretty much every play since there was nothing else to worry about on this offense.   Add in the fact that Bell looked sluggish at best and you get a disgustingly low 3.3 YPC.   He was a poor fit and horrific signing from day 1.  

this comment also deserves it own reply. specifically the poor fit at that end. By the numbers every single player Adam Gase has ever had as a HC has been a poor fit. Whether it is one of the best RB's to every play the game or some 3rd string qb that knows his system best. I get wanting to support the coach but we are not talking about some long shot play not working out we are talking about last place offense, not doing even the most basic scheming to help get a first down let alone a win. 

The things, is Gase didnt find a way to use anyone ever on his teams to produce exceptionally. If anything every player plays worse under him. It sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

this comment also deserves it own reply. specifically the poor fit at that end. By the numbers every single player Adam Gase has ever had as a HC has been a poor fit. Whether it is one of the best RB's to every play the game or some 3rd string qb that knows his system best. I get wanting to support the coach but we are not talking about some long shot play not working out we are talking about last place offense, not doing even the most basic scheming to help get a first down let alone a win. 

The things, is Gase didnt find a way to use anyone ever on his teams to produce exceptionally. If anything every player plays worse under him. It sucks.

How many wins do the Jets have last year if bellichick was the head coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bell averaged 4.0 ypc behind three Pro Bowl linemen in Pittsburgh three years ago. He’s shot.

Good job we signed the fresh legged 37 year old then 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bell isnt very good and doesnt seem to care all that much about football. He cuts a mean workout promo though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Absolutely. I think the only “right way” to use Bell at this point is aa a reserve back and outlet receiver. His days aa a lead back are over, particularly if the line isn’t good

Doesn’t help that like 90 percent of our running plays are inside runs with sh*tty interior linemen and a slow runningback that dances. It’s by design but crappy all the same and was doomed to fail.

Telling that perine and gore are power driven one-cut backs as it’s obvious that’s what Gase wants out of the running game. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase sucks. Jets aren’t going anywhere until he’s gone

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Gase sucks. Jets aren’t going anywhere until he’s goneemoji1488.png

I think we can win despite Gase’s flaws. We’ve got a pretty good DC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bell averaged 4.0 ypc behind three Pro Bowl linemen in Pittsburgh three years ago. He’s shot.

some are tyyna bury this fact...

seriously...   he was so slow it was startling...   you'd flip to another game and it looked like the Jet game was played at 0.75 speed when he had the ball...

all you have to do is play any and everything as if he will cut inside the numbers or hashes...he aint getting to the edge AT ALL

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bell averaged 4.0 ypc behind three Pro Bowl linemen in Pittsburgh three years ago. He’s shot.

Yeah, the Steelers have done great since he left.

 

If he's just the average 4.0-a-carry running back, how does he lead the league in first downs with the Steelers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a gut feeling that Bell will end up back in Pittsburgh this year. I don't think he wants to be here. I don't think Gase wants him here. it was never a good fit. I think everybody is acting professionally and I commend them for that. This is all about the amount of egg on Chris Johnson's face. Huge mistake from the get-go and they're just trying to ease the pain of the embarrassment. I think Bell is gone ASAP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can count on Gase calling a running play when it's 3rd and 7 every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...