Jump to content

Gary Meyers reporting that Jamal and Jets have hit impass over contract, trade possible.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That will be the consensus regardless of what the Jets do anyway. If they give him $18mm, it’ll be “wow, they overpaid/what about the offense?/Douglas let himself get bullied and ended up bidding agai

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I generally trust his “around the league,” stuff, but he’s definitely a Giants’ fan who thinks the Jets are their red-headed step-brother. So I wouldn’t dismiss it, but I also think he likes getting in the jab. 

Yeah, there's definitely an underlying motive...but, like I said, he's been doing this long enough for me to care when he says something.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

Yeah there's definitely an underlying motive, but, like I said, he's been doing this long enough for me to care when he says something.

I don't recall Myers ever breaking news, just voicing his biased opinion. Maybe I'm out of the loop since I left NY over 20 years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RobR said:

I don't recall Myers ever breaking news, just voicing his biased opinion. Maybe I'm out of the loop since I left NY over 20 years ago.

It’s not really breaking news considering this was the way it was going to be all along. With the draft over, the Adams camp is going to start making its move to force Douglas’ hand, and it’ll be up to Douglas to respond effectively. Anyone who thought Adams was going to play out this season for $3.5mm is insane. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s not really breaking news considering this was the way it was going to be all along. With the draft over, the Adams camp is going to start making its move to force Douglas’ hand, and it’ll be up to Douglas to respond effectively. Anyone who thought Adams was going to play out this season for $3.5mm is insane. 

So in other words....not breaking news. That was my entire point about Myers as a sportswriter.....he doesn't break news, he just puts out his own biased articles. I remember hating that schmuck back in the 80's.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RobR said:

So in other words....not breaking news. That was my entire point about Myers as a sportswriter.....he doesn't break news, he just puts out his own biased articles. I remember hating that schmuck back in the 80's.  

Yeah, he definitely thinks the Jets suck, but he’s not one of these clickbait clowns we have now. If he’s reporting that talks have stalled, he’s probably got a decent source for it. My point was that Adams camp whining will be anonymously reported by everyone in the coming weeks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RobR said:

I don't recall Myers ever breaking news, just voicing his biased opinion. Maybe I'm out of the loop since I left NY over 20 years ago.

I'm not going to lie, I don't know his track record off the top of my head.  The only reason I'm even caring about him saying it is the fact that he's been doing this for over 2 decades.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is boredom coming from a slow news cycle, but...
 

If Jamal and his camp cause a huge stink over this and take this to the “big distraction” level, JD will have no choice. 
 

I’m obviously a big supporter of keeping him, but a holdout and/or criticizing the team through the media is going to pave his way out of town. I just hope we don’t get fleeced in a deal for him. We need a TON back in return. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I'm not going to lie, I don't know his track record off the top of my head.  The only reason I'm even caring about him saying it is the fact that he's been doing this over 2 decades.

He hates the Jets and always has and I don't ever recall him handing out breaking news ala a Shefter. That's why I asked. Too his credit he's been at this way over 2 decades and he's still the same old douche. He's one of those writers you would just love to punch in the face, but you're a tad scared you might kill him. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, he definitely thinks the Jets suck, but he’s not one of these clickbait clowns we have now. If he’s reporting that talks have stalled, he’s probably got a decent source for it. My point was that Adams camp whining will be anonymously reported by everyone in the coming weeks.

Gary Meyers never had any sources for as long as that dinosaur has been around. He's reporting basic knowledge that everyone already knew. It's like getting information from some 15 year old kid on twitter but the kid on twitter still remembers how to spell his own name.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He's been around long enough that it caught my attention and I decided to give it a thread.

I’m definitely not questioning your making the post, I’m sure someone was going to.  I’m just scarred by Manish, I think everyone is a liar and fraud hahah

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...