Jump to content
Mogglez

Gary Meyers reporting that Jamal and Jets have hit impass over contract, trade possible.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, because Revis demonstrably did things that mattered in the modern NFL, at least at the time when he got paid.  

You are absolutely not making your point successfully if your silly argument is "lol Revis didn't get INTs!" 

Adams doesn't get INTs OR force a whole lot of turnovers in total.  That's what you need out of a Safety.  Period.

Again, I pointed out a flaw in your argument regarding “interceptions”. No one would argue that darelle Revis wasn’t the elite CB in his time. And yet he has about half the INTs as other “Elite” CBs.

very clearly, Revis’ greatness was inversely proportional to his INT statistics in context of comparably great players.

jamal Adams is similarly, a great player, that doesn’t have the INT stats. Quite obviously, these players bring something else - or other metrics - to the table. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

CB1 and Safety are completely different positions.  It's an incredibly dumb argument.  Revis's stats that mattered were things like completion % against the WR1's he covered and pass deflections.  And even then, he DID get INTs.  At a pretty incredible rate too, given the very low frequency of times he was targeted.

You can't make the comparison between Jamal and other Safeties because you know you'll lose that argument.  I showed earlier in the thread how Eddie Jackson, taken in the same draft as Jamal, has been significantly more productive.  

Again, I’m repeating myself. It isn’t a comparison between players Revis and Adams but rather each player in context of his stats versus the same position.

with regard to your comment re: Adams v other safeties — I’m not even going to dignify the debate. There may be players that have come out over the years that are near or at his level but there really is no doubt that Jamal Adams “demonstrates” that he is not only one of if not the best player at his position in the NFL but that he could be, every year, a potential DPOY candidate. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And in the meantime Jamal Adams will throw hissy fits, twitter tirades, fake injuries and cause locker room issues to try to force JD's hand.  That'll be fun.  

I have confidence in JD that he will handle it in a professional manner. I’m very confident the deal will get done at the appropriate time, which may not be till next off season. In addition I can’t see how Dallas is interested in a trade as they have to pay their QB, which has been a very difficult negotiation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

His other stats aren't that good either, the interceptions are just glaring.  His sacks are an outlier, and not really what he's there for, considering 5 of 6.5 came against two bad rookie QBs.  You have to refresh twice before you see him on ESPN.com for passes defended, where he's tied for 98th.  He had half as many tackles as the top safety, he's not top 5 in safety tackles, he's not top 10 in safety tackles, he's not top 15 in safety tackles, he's not top 20 in safety tackles, he is tied for 25th.  In solo tackles, he wasn't top 20 either.  He did, again, lead the league in sacks by a DB, and you know why?  Because he's an extra linebacker - which, in comparison, he was tied for 21st among linebackers.

Serious answer, that's a dumb question.  One INT wouldn't make him better.  After 3 seasons Ed Reed had 21 INTs, Troy had 7 INTs, Dawkins had 8.  Yet, people talk about Adams like he's in this class.

This is a legit counterpoint and gives me something to think about. Kudos sir. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll settle for a nobleman's ransom.  Like a Duke or an Earl.  

Nobility only...no peasants allowed🧐

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So keep turning over the entire roster until they're da winnahs?

Yes, I would like to have a roster with good players at premium positions, glad you're finally up to speed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vader said:

the point obvi, isn’t about Adams v Revis on interceptions and you know it.

its about Adams v his cohort of safeties and Revis v his cohort of CBs.

The point I am making — successfully — is that no one would argue that Revis ISNT in the top of his cohort as a cornerback. All time. 

Despite his lack of “interceptions”. 
 

 

People cite Adams’ lack of interceptions relative to guys like Reed and Eric Berry because those guys were freak athletes who played FS and SS’s don’t normally produce INTs, which is why it’s folly to compare him to those types of players and, also, to pay him like he’s that type of player. When trying to quantify Adams’ value, it just highlights how disproportionate the praise he gets from Jets fans is vs what he actually produces on the field. It’s very similar to what Jets fans did with Victor Green. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

His other stats aren't that good either, the interceptions are just glaring.  His sacks are an outlier, and not really what he's there for, considering 5 of 6.5 came against two bad rookie QBs.  You have to refresh twice before you see him on ESPN.com for passes defended, where he's tied for 98th.  He had half as many tackles as the top safety, he's not top 5 in safety tackles, he's not top 10 in safety tackles, he's not top 15 in safety tackles, he's not top 20 in safety tackles, he is tied for 25th.  In solo tackles, he wasn't top 20 either.  He did, again, lead the league in sacks by a DB, and you know why?  Because he's an extra linebacker - which, in comparison, he was tied for 21st among linebackers.

Serious answer, that's a dumb question.  One INT wouldn't make him better.  After 3 seasons Ed Reed had 21 INTs, Troy had 7 INTs, Dawkins had 8.  Yet, people talk about Adams like he's in this class.

thanks for doing the dirty work that all non-fanboy Jet fans knew instinctively...

 

Jets and Adams hit IMP ASS?

20 Things You Didn't Know About Peter Dinklage – Page 9

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, I would like to have a roster with good players at premium positions, glad you're finally up to speed.

I am equally glad that we've found your speed, because in that other argument, you were getting your ass handed to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

People cite Adams’ lack of interceptions relative to guys like Reed and Eric Berry because those guys were freak athletes who played FS and SS’s don’t normally produce INTs, which is why it’s folly to compare him to those types of players and, also, to pay him like he’s that type of player. When trying to quantify Adams’ value, it just highlights how disproportionate the praise he gets from Jets fans is vs what he actually produces on the field. It’s very similar to what Jets fans did with Victor Green. 

Jamal Adams is an All-Pro. Let me just leave that point here just in case.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Vader said:

Again, I pointed out a flaw in your argument regarding “interceptions”. No one would argue that darelle Revis wasn’t the elite CB in his time. And yet he has about half the INTs as other “Elite” CBs.

very clearly, Revis’ greatness was inversely proportional to his INT statistics in context of comparably great players.

jamal Adams is similarly, a great player, that doesn’t have the INT stats. Quite obviously, these players bring something else - or other metrics - to the table. 

is this the "Obvious Reasons why Revis isnt a serious HOF candidate" thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

is the is the "Obvious Reasons why Revis isnt a serious HOF candidate" thread?

No it’s the “obvious reasons why Revis is a HOF candidate despite not having gaudy interception stats”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vader said:

Jamal Adams is an All-Pro. Let me just leave that point here just in case.

Which is fine. Derwin James was injured. But, it’s fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Here's my final take on the subject because I think it's just exhausting.

Jamal Adams may be a great player, but I think the Era of the Diva is over.  It's old. It's done. Nobody wants these guys on their team anymore. Everyone has gotten wise to it.... it never pays off.

So where is Antonio Brown These Days? How about Cam Newton? Shady McCoy? Did anybody see Gronk just got released from his contract for a fourth round pick? Nobody wants rappers, wrestlers, and superstars on their football team anymore. It's over.

If you're the best just shut up and play. And if it wasn't for Mike Maccagnan, Le'Veon Bell would be doing nothing right now except making his stupid bad rap albums. He sure as hell can't play football anymore.

DeAndre Hopkins just got traded for peanuts! Not because Bill O'Brien is a bad coach it's because nobody wants one " Me" guy controlling their team anymore. Ever notice that Odell Beckham Jr gets paid and suddenly the team instantly regrets it and he's immediately on the trade block!? Wonder why!? Stefon Diggs got traded to Buffalo which is one of the most undesirable teams to play for in the entire NFL. It could be Aaron Rodgers last season in Green Bay ....Why!?

Anybody else see a pattern here? Take a look at the guys who are getting rewarded that are getting big contracts. See how they carry themselves? Do you see Christian McCaffrey on MTV Cribs showing off his vast collection of suits and sneakers and Jewelry? Does Patrick Mahomes come off like a me guy? The guys on the Titans that just took their team well into the playoffs quietly got paid. There were no holdouts, nobody was pounding their chest, or going public to do their ridiculous petty self promotion.

It's a new era and this type of player is a bad look for the NFL. Colin Kaepernick is over. No more prima donnas and prom queens are getting rewarded. They're being exposed for what they are which is self promoting money-grubbing whores that are the polar opposite of team players.  It's over! Mercenaries who hold their team hostage three years into the league expecting to be the highest paid player at their position? Capital GFY!!

 You know the Jets could easily rework Jamal Adams deal and give him a significant raise right? But that wouldn't be good enough.. he needs to be paid Elite money!? I think he needs to shut his mouth and show me two more years of really good play, or I will gladly trade him to the Bengals for a 2nd.

 That'll humble your ass won't it Prez!?

 Oh yeah! I would also like to add that I hope the Cowboys rescind the franchise tag and Dak Prescott gets to watch the NFL season on TV.

 30 million isn't enough!? During the pandemic you need 45 million!? Send his ass to Jacksonville and watch him too fail miserably. I absolutely love watching these guys fall on their face. Acting like you're some Superstar when you're lucky to be in the position you're in and you probably can't tie your sneakers, put toilet paper on the spool, or start a gas BBQ. You're an elite football player. This does not make you an elite person. I think these guys need to learn some humility.

Prescott would be praying every night for just a 2nd contract for the Minimum...if he played on the EXACT same squads inflicted on one Samuel Darnold.  Then again all his arms and legs might have been broken multiple times.

Would be reeaaalllll cool if Jerry Jones understands that.  I think he does, but if not?  Newsflash.......Cowboys are NOT winning it all with Prescott.  I don’t think they even come close.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I am equally glad that we've found your speed, because in that other argument, you were getting your ass handed to you.

Lmfao, whatever helps you sleep at night (besides a Jamal Adams body pillow of course).

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200.gif&key=0dc15673c9e310653938e00e49348d46179c10189b5f0d1c691a62d9a66de73e
 

Nice gif,but you’re still wrong.

Since I need to spell it out, MAC built a poor roster. That is not a reflection on JA. Just like the 83 roster was not a reflection on LT. First team all pros , will help a team win. Bad GMs who build bad rosters , hold them back from winning . Fairly simple


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Vader said:

No it’s the “obvious reasons why Revis is a HOF candidate despite not having gaudy interception stats”

 

guy is top notch for maybe 4 yrs and has weak INT stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Which is fine. Derwin James was injured. But, it’s fine.

Derwin James and his 3 career ints. 👍🏽

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been a lot of people on the side of don't pay Jamal and he's overrated for quite awhile and there are some who have joined that train recently now that it seems likely he will be gone eventually.

I don't mind the OGs.  Strong in your conviction and I can appreciate that. You all know who you are. 

Weak Sauce by you Jamal Come Lately's. I'm guessing you all know who you are too.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

 

This certainly increases the likelihood we'll look into moving Adams at the 2020 trade deadline, at least.  Especially since Adams is likely going to cause nothing but trouble from here on out. 

He's not going to quietly play for $3.5M this year.  He can't really hold out, but he can absolutely fake injuries and cause locker room problems.  

The hope is he doesn't behave so poorly it starts to chip away significantly at his trade value.  JD needs to handle this thing as carefully as possible.

If Adams pulls that fake injury BS he becomes a major distraction and his presence will be detrimental to the team. In that case JD should trade him to the biggest sh*thole franchise in a small market for whatever picks he can get. It's better than paying this Karen huge dollars which will handicap JD's ability to build a team.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Lmfao, whatever helps you sleep at night (besides a Jamal Adams body pillow of course).

My opinion about Jamal Adams has nothing at all to do with your point being fcking stupid. The fact that you still don't get that is funnier than your obvious and homophobic joke. Know your strengths and stay in your lane.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F'ck using jamal adams in the same breath as revis is hilarious.

revis had 14 ints in his 1st 3 years vs a whopping 2 for Adams.  Revis also had 76 solo tackles in his 1st year better than two of the three Jamal Adams years.  All the while playing a way tougher and more meaningful position. with FAR greater responsibility than poaching at the los all game.

Adams is Brady, Aaron Donald and Revis all rolled into one.  Wot wot old bean?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

The reality is that the only one who knows what picks have been offered is JD. I don't believe any of the Fakenews BS reports or what Jerry Jones leaked that he offered last year at the trade deadline. Think about this, if Dallas did the deal last year would Adams have changed the Boy's going 8-8? Would he have carried them far into the playoffs - not very likely.

Teams are not offering a 'boat load of picks' for a box safety that insists on being paid like a top three D player.

Matter of fact I don't believe that Adams will get the Jets more than a high 2nd or a low 1st round pick and I'd take that in a NY minute rather than pay him 15M-18M+ over 5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

My opinion about Jamal Adams has nothing at all to do with your point being fcking stupid. The fact that you still don't get that is funnier than your obvious and homophobic joke. Know your strengths and stay in your lane.

You sound a little mad.

You should try not being mad.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He's been around forever and I don't recall him ever breaking any news. He also sucks balls as a writer.

Well said.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade Adams to the Boys for Gallup and a 2021 1st

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

F'ck using jamal adams in the same breath as revis is hilarious.

revis had 14 ints in his 1st 3 years vs a whopping 2 for Adams.  Revis also had 76 solo tackles in his 1st year better than two of the three Jamal Adams years.  All the while playing a way tougher and more meaningful position. with FAR greater responsibility than poaching at the los all game.

Adams is Brady, Aaron Donald and Revis all rolled into one.  Wot wot old bean?

Revis and Abe are the two best defensive players the jets had past 20 years

 

Adams is not on their tier.  No way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vader said:

Derwin James and his 3 career ints. 👍🏽

I am sorry I must be losing track a bit.  Are interception stats important or not?

For the scoring of Internet points that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Sean Taylor was not going to turn into LT and vice versa.  I want Jamal Adams to turn into Jamal Adams.  I am not obsessed with ints.  I want high end production and game changing plays, which he absolutely has produced over his career, multiple times.  When he doesn't play at a first team all pro level, get back to me

Jamal Adams is no Sean Taylor !!!  Sean was a game changer...

Edited by 68JET11
I edited it for those who can't read or get confused lol...
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly, do we REALLY care about this anymore?  I do NOT.  

Let the guy walk.

Bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

And it was a bad move not to pay Robby.  Free agency we downgraded at WR.  Was that a good move?

Adam’s isn’t going anywhere.

I remember when I was in AZ in the spring with my wife and accompanied her on a business trip... I played a lot of golf while she worked... Yes I'm getting to the point. I just happen to meet a Pats fan who ensured me TB wasn't going anywhere. He still owes me $100. We've seen first hand the likes of JD, and JD is not cowing to JA, or meeting his unrealistic demands if he continues on. We have an adult running the NY Jets now, not a guy who's invested in Maxwell House.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, slats said:

He’s gotta start high, I would to. 

Maybe I’m projecting here because I don’t see anyone giving him anything more than a token couple bucks above the current highest paid safety, but Adams doesn’t strike me as someone who’s going to price himself out of the league. If he’s considering that he should talk to Bell, who probably lost near $20M with his ill-advised sit-out. 

I think the negotiating will come down to what the Cowboys can and want to pay him.  He has a chance to move to a more playoff ready team and get paid.  I think both sides right now are waiting for that time to come. 

 

"Go talk to Dallas and see if you can come to a deal in principal.  If you guys cannot make a deal on Money the Cowboys are not going to trade the picks to us.  Otherwise next year will really be an audition year for your new contract"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...