Gary Meyers reporting that Jamal and Jets have hit impass over contract, trade possible.

I’d much rather trade him to the Cowboys tho. 

1. They’re in the NFC. 

2. They’re projected to have a worse record than the Ravens. Therefore, their draft picks will obviously be better. But as a fan of Adams, I think it’s time. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I’d much rather trade him to the Cowboys tho. 

1. They’re in the NFC. 

2. They’re projected to have a worse record than the Ravens. Therefore, their draft picks will obviously be better. But as a fan of Adams, I think it’s time. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Says something when the worst organization in football is interested.

An organization that can trot Adams out as the 3rd or 4th most important player on the defense can afford to make a move like this.  Especially one that also has a talented QB on a rookie deal.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Ravens really don’t need a safety and have a few big contracts coming up themselves. Can’t see it.

Think there’s a lot of sh*t stirring going on. He’ll stay.

Ravens are slightly more interesting because they’ll probably give up Matt Judon plus picks. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ravens were the other team interested in Adams at the deadline last year.  So it makes sense that its Dallas and Baltimore we're hearing about now.

Might all be smoke.  Either way, I'm feeling both aroused and vindicated.  It's a good feeling.

Browns have tons of cap space, a need at safety, and a bunch of LSU loons already on the roster. I’d try to dump him on them

• Upvote 3

200.gif&key=585359df90b0a897fd54997098331bc5febb4f89ffdd02dc6fb04e05d53f6e8b
Would you rank Darnold as being considered the face of the franchise around the league? I guarantee that if you ask most fanbases when they think of the current New York Jets they think of Pro Bowler Jamal Adams before they think of Sam Darnold!
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Tezza said:

What I don't get is how did the value of the face of our franchise get so low ...a 1st and a 3rd is that it!

Even a first and Gallup I would not do!

Face of the franchise? LOL LOL LOL Sam is the face of this franchise.  Adams is more like face of the cheerleaders. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

33 minutes ago, rillo said:

Either way. It's going to suck watching this guy become a HOF for another team. Shame. 

Just our luck

I don think there's a safety in the Hall Of fame that has 10 INT's in his career.   But hey there's first time for everything right.

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Browns have tons of cap space, a need at safety, and a bunch of LSU loons already on the roster. I’d try to dump him on them

The Browns also value athleticism fwiw. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ravens were the other team interested in Adams at the deadline last year.  So it makes sense that its Dallas and Baltimore we're hearing about now.

Might all be smoke.  Either way, I'm feeling both aroused and vindicated.  It's a good feeling.

I'm getting all tingly all over.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They let all-pro players in their prime go all the time? Let's see if you can give 2 examples from each team since they apparently do this "all the time".

Waiting GIF

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Patriots cut 4x Pro Bowler and 1x First Team All-Pro Lawyer Milloy 5 days before the 2003 seasons.  He was only 29 at the time.  

The Patriots also traded 5x Pro Bowler and 3x First Team All-Pro Richard Seymour to the Raiders for a 1st rounder in 2009.  Seymour was 29.

Logan Mankins is also a pretty good example for the Pats as well.  He was 31 and had been to 5 straight Pro Bowls before he got moved to the Bucs.  The Pats also declined their team option on Vince Wilfork in 2015.  He then signed with the Texans.

The Steelers cut 5x Pro Bowler and 2x 1st Team All-Pro James Harrison after the 2012 season.  Granted, he was 34 years old at the time.  But he certainly fits what you were looking for.  Especially since he was a Pro Bowler in 2011 and 1st Team All-Pro in 2010.  

Antonio Brown would be a good example for the Steelers too, no?  People were calling them crazy for moving him when they did for just a 3rd and 5th rounder.  Just like they were called crazy for trading Santonio Holmes for a 5th rounder, or for letting go of Plaxico Burress and Mike Wallace.  None of those 3 were on Brown's level, but they've certainly established a pattern of letting WR's walk before paying them.  JuJu Smith-Schuster could be the next one after he hits free agency in 2021.

The Ravens allowed Ed Reed to walk in Free Agency after the 2012 season.  He had just reached the Pro Bowl the year before, with 4 INTs, 1 TD, 15 PDs and 3 FR. 

The Ravens also traded 5x Pro Bowler and 2x First Team All-Pro Haloti Ngata to the Lions for a 4th round pick after the 2013 season, when he was only 29.  

No thoughts on this Barry?  After all that work I put in?

200.gif&key=f4ed00402123ebaf2d37f7317b5b

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tezza said:
4 hours ago, Mogglez said:
200.gif&key=585359df90b0a897fd54997098331bc5febb4f89ffdd02dc6fb04e05d53f6e8b

Would you rank Darnold as being considered the face of the franchise around the league? I guarantee that if you ask most fanbases when they think of the current New York Jets they think of Pro Bowler Jamal Adams before they think of Sam Darnold!

I would almost guarantee an entire paycheck that any knowledgeable fan would tell you that, for better or worse, the QB is the face of the franchise, not an unathletic SS that averages less than 1 INT a season, no matter how large his stupid mouth is.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Tezza said:

What I don't get is how did the value of the face of our franchise get so low ...a 1st and a 3rd is that it!

Even a first and Gallup I would not do!

Gallup is a talented receiver and is being shunted aside in Dallas because the Joneses took Lamb as the best player available. Mims and Gallup would give Darnold a pair of young and talented receivers to work with, and Douglas gets at least another first round pick to use in next year's draft. It wouldn't take me much more than that for me to trade Adams.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1