Gary Meyers reporting that Jamal and Jets have hit impass over contract, trade possible.

The ravens aren’t one player away. They are already there. They win and lose on the merits. 

They got bulldozed by a strong running game in the playoffs. It stands to reason they’ll want to shore that up. Adams would help them in that effort.

In the meantime, negotiations with Matt Judon have come to a standstill. The Jets and Ravens can help each other right now. The best trades are ones that help both franchises.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

They got bulldozed by a strong running game in the playoffs. It stands to reason they’ll want to shore that up. Adams would help them in that effort.

In the meantime, negotiations with Matt Judon have come to a standstill. The Jets and Ravens can help each other right now. The best trades are ones that help both franchises.

Maybe in madden. If the ravens construct a roster to play the 2019 titans team, they are constructing a roster that lives in the past and they have already lost. In other words, you are suggesting that they trade for Jamal Adams to play one game — which occurred in the past and is not even certain - or likely - to be played again.

Maybe in madden. If the ravens construct a roster to play the 2019 titans team, they are constructing a roster that lives in the past and they have already lost. In other words, you are suggesting that they trade for Jamal Adams to play one game — which occurred in the past and is not even certain - or likely - to be played again.

So a team should just stand pat and not try to improve on their weaknesses? This is seriously what you’re going to argue?

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So a team should just stand pat and not try to improve on their weaknesses? This is seriously what you’re going to argue?

The titans playoff game is an outlier. More than that, not only is it in the past but switching Judon for Jamal Adams doesn’t really help that game plan anyway. Tweaking the front seven does. Regardless, Constructing a roster to defeat a team that you aren’t certain to face again is imo reactionary. 

The titans playoff game is an outlier. More than that, not only is it in the past but switching Judon for Jamal Adams doesn’t really help that game plan anyway. Tweaking the front seven does. Regardless, Constructing a roster to defeat a team that you aren’t certain to face again is imo reactionary. 

Yet teams do it all the time. It’s a reactionary league. Just because it’s not a recommended action doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

The Ravens were rumored to be interested in Adams (at some level) at the trade deadline. It should be no surprise that they are once again one of the rumored teams that remain interested. I’m merely presenting the logic as to why.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet teams do it all the time. It’s a reactionary league. Just because it’s not a recommended action doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

The Ravens were rumored to be interested in Adams (at some level) at the trade deadline. It should be no surprise that they are once again one of the rumored teams that remain interested. I’m merely presenting the logic as to why.

Haha ok. I hear u. I think it’s absolutely silly to replace an edge setting pass rushing OLB that needs a contract with an edge setting SS that needs a contract when you are giving up 4.4 ypc but I see the appeal of Adams. 

i simply think the Jets competitive window actually begins this year and while I think it’s unnecessary to sign Adams now, he’s a key piece to it all. 

I will say this about Adams and the interceptions — he has had a lot of balls bounce off his hands. I expect that he’s going to at least double his INT stats this year. When you look at what he did at LSU — he bounced from a bad INT stat year to 4 the next year. 

if Adams continues to dominate but also ADDS to it by nabbing 2-3 or 4 interceptions... signing him now will have been prescient. His price will only go up. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dwayne Haskins and Daniel Jones don’t exactly qualify as QBs. Neither will be starters in this league by 2021/2022.

The schedule is much tougher this year. Don’t expect as many sacks or strips out of Jamal in ‘20.

This is the NFL. Every player’s stats reflect beating dawgs and cellar dwellers. Joe Montana threw TD’s against studs and borderline NFL players. Doesn’t take away from his bottom line. He was the Man. 

Jamal Adams doesn’t have to apologize for who he dominates. They all strap on the chinstrap on Sunday afternoon. 

And I disagree about Daniel Jones. He’s going to be the starter for the NYG for at least another 5 years, IMO. 

10 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

This is the NFL. Every player’s stats reflect beating dawgs and cellar dwellers. Joe Montana threw TD’s against studs and borderline NFL players. Doesn’t take away from his bottom line. He was the Man. 

Jamal Adams doesn’t have to apologize for who he dominates. They all strap on the chinstrap on Sunday afternoon. 

And I disagree about Daniel Jones. He’s going to be the starter for the NYG for at least another 5 years, IMO. 

No one mentions the consecutive Red zone fades to gronk that Adams defended. Because Tom Brady and gronkowski are trash and don’t count 

5 minutes ago, Vader said:

No one mentions the consecutive Red zone fades to gronk that Adams defended. Because Tom Brady and gronkowski are trash and don’t count 

Jamal Adams supposedly weak coverage skills are greatly exaggerated by those who want draft picks instead of elite players in their secondary. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Because when a player is considered the world’s best generational Safety he should have more than 2 picks in 3 seasons

and one of those picks was on Jared Stidham

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The other was on Matt Cassell

Next year Jamal will be up against Stidham x2, Allen x2, Tua may be in late x2, throw in an old Philip Rivers, a 2nd year K. Murray, an unproven Lock and who knows who the Chargers QB will be. 

Point being, most of those are all good teams that will be favorites against the Jets but not necessarily good quarterbacks. Maybe the gameplan is for Jamal to increase all those LB stats and all of a sudden that 1st and 3rd round picks trade deal becomes 1st and 2nd or 1st, 3rd plus player. Joey D. is out here playing 4D chess. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correction. I want draft picks and cap space rather than the elite run stuffing LB.

Stop saying he’s a LB. It makes u sound ignorant. And you aren’t. Everyone knows that despite the lack of ints adams has man coverage skills. Williams has trusted him enough to cover WRs one on one. For years we complained about not having anyone that could cover a TE and now we do — dominantly. Also — what exactly do u want Cap space for as substitute for Adams play? During Darnold’s break out?

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Next year Jamal will be up against Stidham x2, Allen x2, Tua may be in late x2, throw in an old Philip Rivers, a 2nd year K. Murray, an unproven Lock and who knows who the Chargers QB will be. 

Point being, most of those are all good teams that will be favorites against the Jets but not necessarily good quarterbacks. Maybe the gameplan is for Jamal to increase all those LB stats and all of a sudden that 1st and 3rd round picks trade deal becomes 1st and 2nd or 1st, 3rd plus player. Joey D. is out here playing 4D chess. 

Calling it now. Adams is reading this thread and will have 4 INTs next year and demand more money. Or else.

Stop saying he’s a LB. It makes u sound ignorant. And you aren’t. Everyone knows that despite the lack of ints adams has man coverage skills. Williams has trusted him enough to cover WRs one on one. For years we complained about not having anyone that could cover a TE and now we do — dominantly. Also — what exactly do u want Cap space for as substitute for Adams play? During Darnold’s break out?

I listed off 6 quality WRs who are scheduled to hit free agency earlier in the thread. I even forgot Chris Godwin when I listed them. I’m not doing it again.

Any of those guys would be a far better use of cap dollars than our SS/LB/whatever the hell you want to call him.
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Vader said:

I will say this about Adams and the interceptions — he has had a lot of balls bounce off his hands. I expect that he’s going to at least double his INT stats this year. When you look at what he did at LSU — he bounced from a bad INT stat year to 4 the next year. 

if Adams continues to dominate but also ADDS to it by nabbing 2-3 or 4 interceptions... signing him now will have been prescient. His price will only go up. 

If he is looking to be the top safety paid, it can’t go up much.   If he was willing to offer a discount now in consideration for the Jets tearing up the last 2-3 yrs of his current contract, I think it would have already happened. But IMO he wants it both ways and Douglas won’t accommodate that.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Prez33 said:

If the bottom falls out with JA and the Jets, here’s a trade I’d actually be interested in: 

Gallup and a 1st round pick from Dallas to the Jets for JA. That would have my attention. 

It sounds like the cowboys rejected it

Ok, so going forward, do we (or anyone else for that matter) not draft strong safeties because they might become too good and want big money? How do we see this playing out with Adams? Does someone give him the money he's asking for or very close? 

lol. You assign an appropriate value to a SS. Just like run stuffing DTs. You use mid-late round picks or cheap FA dollars on the SS position.

The drop off between Jamal Adams and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is not so severe that you need to spend $15–18M per on the position as opposed to the 4M Clinton-Dix is getting from Dallas.

This is simple stuff you seem hell bent on trying to make more complex than it is.

But of course you or someone else will respond by saying “Jamal is more than a SS!!!” And around and around we’ll go.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol. You assign an appropriate value to a SS. Just like run stuffing DTs. You use mid-late round picks or cheap FA dollars on the SS position.

The drop off between Jamal Adams and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is not so severe that you need to spend $15–18M per on the position as opposed to the 4M Clinton-Dix is getting from Dallas.

This is simple stuff you seem hell bent on trying to make more complex than it is.

But of course you or someone else will respond by saying “Jamal is more than a SS!!!” And around and around we’ll go.

Right because nerfing the secondary is genius in a pass-happy league ??

I'm reading a book about the '68 Jets (BEYOND BROADWAY JOE) that goes over each individual player on the team in detail incl. Weeb Ewbank's evaulations. They went over all the DBs incl Johnny Sample. And his history in the NFL as a  very talented impact player but personally abrasive who rankled people incl. Weeb. And he fought with NFL owners about salary demanding top DB salary at a time when esp black players were way underpaid. So he got cut and traded a lot. I don't think that Adams is as abrasive as Sample was but he's like Johnny was a bit of a hot dog and an impact player. Some teams will pay him maybe Dallas who might not want to pay Dak. 

Right because nerfing the secondary is genius in a pass-happy league

It is if the DB in question isn’t particularly good at covering WRs or forcing turnovers.    

There are many other ways to improve the pass D than paying Jamal Adams $15-18M per. And of course my argument would be paying him that much limits your ability to improve the Pass D and goes a long way to hurting it in the long run.

Given all the additions to the secondary this offseason, JD’s efforts in this area and willingness to stand pat on Jamal’s contract tells me he might just agree with that assessment. But we’ll see.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think the thing we all can agree on is that we don't know what's best for the team.

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Right because nerfing the secondary is genius in a pass-happy league ??

"The drop off between Jamal Adams and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is not so severe that you need to spend $15–18M per on the position as opposed to the 4M Clinton-Dix is getting from Dallas."

It was literally written out for you.

• Upvote 3