Mogglez

Gary Meyers reporting that Jamal and Jets have hit impass over contract, trade possible.

Well we know JD won't cave into a handing out a crazy contract, so Jamal needs to decide if he really wants to be here. Personally, I don't think Jamal can endure another losing season here without flipping his lid. This needs to be resolved before the season starts. JD will make the right decision.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

cock it rocket rod GIF by AOK

Please don’t bring your bedroom talk to this reputable thread. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Best thing to do is get a contract done. Myers is correct. Good teams get this done

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is exactly the time Bill Bellicheck would flip a player like Adams for future returns. 

• Upvote 1

I’m all for keeping Jamal Adams. It should be our priority to keep him.

But I’m so okay with trading him for a boatload of picks if he’s asking for crazy $.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

He just posted yesterday in JETS gear... he wants to be a JET and they will get a deal done.

3C1DB632-C118-4D50-88B0-313FE893DCA4.png

• Thumb Down 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This is exactly the time Bill Bellicheck would flip a player like Adams for future returns. 

Actually he signed his Safety in this scenario to the largest contract ever for a safety... but why use facts when we can just make up things about the Pats?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I don't  really give this much weight  on it's own. It would suggest a Giants beat writer has an inside source  from the Jets. Doesn't  make a whole lot of sense.

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m all for keeping Jamal Adams. It should be our priority to keep him.

But I’m so okay with trading him for a boatload of picks if he’s asking for crazy $.

THIS.

Most of us are Jets fans first and foremost.  We've seen great players come and go.  As long as Joe D does what's best for the team (whether trading or extending Adams) I think I'll be fine with it.

Also, this whole thing sounds like negotiating and posturing.  It's May 21st, and I believe Jamal Adams is under contract for something like another 24 months plus a possible franchise tag.  The amount of pressure to get a deal done now is exactly 0%.

• Upvote 3

Get on the phone with the man who used to be Jerry Jones immediately. 1st and a 3rd next year . 

6 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

He also has a Jordan headband on. You think he wants to play for the Bulls too?

He is sponsored by them and even JD them make custom cleats for him in The new JETS colors and not everyone who wears Jordan plays for the Bulls... 🤣 MJ even owns a different team himself now.

7AA0995D-5EF4-413E-84EE-3C484E98D03F.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I mean who could have seen this coming besides everyone paying attention.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Get on the phone with the man who used to be Jerry Jones immediately. 1st and a 3rd next year . 

La’el Collins and a 2 

• Post of the Week 1

58 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Good teams get this done

Name them.  Who are the good teams paying 15M+ for a SS?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SR24 said:

What do we think we’d get? 

Peace of mind?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ECURB said:

He just posted yesterday in JETS gear... he wants to be a JET and they will get a deal done.

Oh, well, a Jets sweatshirt, let’s lock this now. He wants to be here for life. 

Jets own Adams for 2-3 years (franchise tag).  JD has the leverage.  So the haul of picks and possibly players will be to his liking.  Or else no deal.  Or he can decide to address the issue next year.  Adams can rant in frustration.  Watch the season on TV.  OR a trade happens on JD's terms for a whopping return. 

So let the imaginations...machinations begin.

Is this a 30 page thread brewing here? 

Lol!  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Actually he signed his Safety in this scenario to the largest contract ever for a safety... but why use facts when we can just make up things about the Pats?

Not remotely the same. Assuming you're talking about Rodney Harrison, the situations were vastly different. One was signed as a free agent and not disgruntled, one is in the middle of his rookie contract and being a diva. 

Regardless of position, Belicheck has a longggg documented history of trading players in this exact scenario for draft picks and flipping those picks into multiple Pro Bowlers. I would be more than happy to provide you the list.

But who cares about the details when you can just be a smart ass that's also wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ECURB said:

He is sponsored by them and even JD them make custom cleats for him in The new JETS colors and not everyone who wears Jordan plays for the Bulls... 🤣 MJ even owns a different team himself now.

7AA0995D-5EF4-413E-84EE-3C484E98D03F.png

Didn't know that, pretty cool. Still wouldn't pay him north of $15 mil a year tho. JMO, would rather build around offense or at least premium positions on defense.

54 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Well we know JD won't cave into a handing out a crazy contract, so Jamal needs to decide if he really wants to be here. Personally, I don't think Jamal can endure another losing season here without flipping his lid. This needs to be resolved before the season starts. JD will make the right decision.

What would be worse for him:  the jets losing with him or the jets winning without him?

42 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  really give this much weight  on it's own. It would suggest a Giants beat writer has an inside source  from the Jets. Doesn't  make a whole lot of sense.

His source, like most sources, are player agents

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

I'm not sure why people would be celebrating this development if true.  The more friction between the Jets and Adams, the lower the Jets leverage in getting maximum compensation in a trade.  Last thing the Jets need is to trade away their best player, an all-pro going into his prime, for less than he would otherwise fetch.

Bottom line, the Jets control Adams' rights for three more seasons.  Joe's asking price should be two first rounders, and he needs to stick to it.

This.

No need to trade him. The front office has all the leverage. Like it or not , He’s a Jet for the next 3 years. It’s as simple as that.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Not remotely the same. Assuming you're talking about Rodney Harrison, the situations were vastly different. One was signed as a free agent and not disgruntled, one is in the middle of his rookie contract and being a diva. 

Regardless of position, Belicheck has a longggg documented history of trading players in this exact scenario for draft picks and flipping those picks into multiple Pro Bowlers. I would be more than happy to provide you the list.

But who cares about the details when you can just be a smart ass that's also wrong. 

Lawyer Milloy

3 years into his deal. Everyone thought he would have to play out his contract instead BB made him the highest paid Safety in NFL history. 

I am a smart ass but I am not wrong.

• Upvote 2

Isn't June 1 when the bulk of cap savings from Trumaine Johnson's
crappy contract comes off the books?  Could that be the hold up?
By the way, Myers never broke a story with the Daily News so why
would he break one now?  

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

What does him in 'Free Work out clothes' have anything to do with him wanting to be here or not... He wants to be here as long as the Jets pay him the money he feels he deserves... But in reality his dream is to play for the Cowboys... 

Him its Jets gear means he wants to stay .... HAHAHAHAHA what kind of argument is that?

He has 3 years of free workout attire and clothes from the team that employs him. 

• Upvote 1

cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

The New York Jets and Jamal Adamshave reached an impasse in contract talks, sources confirmed to ESPN on Thursday, raising tensions between the team and its star safety.

The two sides have had multiple conversations since the draft, but the Jets told him they prefer to wait on a long-term extension and Adams wants a deal before the season, sources said.

The Adams camp is upset, claiming the Jets are dragging their feet, sources said.