Jamal Adams...sign him or trade him?

Assuming Jamal is looking to be highest paid safety in the NFL, should Joe D sign him or move him for multiple premium picks?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Sign or trade?

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Just forget about all the BS you are ssying about pay scale because in this case it makes zero sense. Adams has by far out performed his current contract. Using the words over paid in terms to his current deal is incredibly stupid. He is under paid currently.  I don't care what position you feel should be drafted at 6, Adams is not being over paid at his current salary. 

And what, nobody ever held out on their rookie deal? Melvin Gordon says hi. 

Not anymore with the new CBA - $40K a day for a hold out. The players folded during the negotiations to give that up - maybe they traded no weed penalties for that concession - who knows.

Okay - it doesn't matter that in your opinion he's exceeded his contract value, that's set by the CBA and he has to live with what his union negotiated, the facts are the Jets own his butt for three more years at a salary way below what he wants and JD will be able to use those $$$ to obtain players at premium positions rather than give Adams what he wants to keep him happy. I've changed my mind to trade Adams I'd want a 2020 1st and 2nd and a 2021 1st.

If Adams has the balls he'd play next year and put up incredible stats that would make him worth the $18M 5 five year contract extension he thinks he's worth.

19 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Yet they have let Bell , Beachum and a myriad of receivers walk, and seem ready to do the same with JuJu.   So is Polamalu the exception to the rule?  Or have they changed tactics in the 10 yrs since Troy left to do shampoo commercials?

Troy P was as 4x All Pro 8x Pro Bowl HOF'er

Jamal Adams (in 3 years) is a 1x All Pro 2x Pro Bowl 

Im not saying Jamal is Troy P but he's more relevant to this discussion than the sh-tty lawfirm of Beachum, JuJu and Bell. 

Yes multiple All Pro's are the exception to the rule 

19 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Clinton Dix now sucks, Clowney is a slightly above average DL with injury issues. How does either make our D play better

We need OLB and Clowney is way better than what we have

if we trade Adams I expect Logan Ryan to be signed next day

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Im not saying Jamal is Troy P but he's more relevant to this discussion than the sh-tty lawfirm of Beachum, JuJu and Bell. 

Brown, Bell and Sanders were no stiffs
id imagine they all get Hall consideration

Juju is young so it remains to be seen, but he is a lot better than Robbie Anderson and you see how people felt about keeping him

On 5/25/2020 at 7:02 AM, Big_Slick said:

I repeat, good GM's don't take non-premium positions with the #6 overall pick. It's basic cap and resource management. Most folks agree that QB, CB, WR and edge are the premium positions.

Adams is actually being overpaid because he should of gone in the #12-17 pick range and his rookie contract would have been much less than a player picked at #6.

CB is a premium position, but safety isn’t. 

What about LT? Or a highly rated, blue chip TE being called the next Antonio Gates? Should teams pass on those positions because of some arbitrary belief of what’s most valuable?

CB is a premium position, but safety isn’t. 

What about LT? Or a highly rated, blue chip TE being called the next Antonio Gates? Should teams pass on those positions because of some arbitrary belief of what’s most valuable?

It’s about what they DO at those positions.

If you aren’t throwing passes, the primary guy catching passes, protecting the guy throwing the passes from high-end pass rushers, intercepting passes, or tackling the guy attempting passes, you don’t play a premium position.

A pass-catching RB can be in that category. A DT that gets to the QB can be in that category. A Safety who picks off passes can be in that category.

A Safety who tackles RBs and occasionally strips the ball away from the most fumble-prone QB in the league does not play a premium position. Sorry.
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s about what they DO at those positions.

If you aren’t throwing passes, the primary guy catching passes, protecting the guy throwing the passes from high-end pass rushers, intercepting passes, or tackling the guy attempting passes, you don’t play a premium position.

A pass-catching RB can be in that category. A DT that gets to the QB can be in that category. A Safety who picks off passes can be in that category.

A Safety who tackles RBs and occasionally strips the ball away from the most fumble-prone QB in the league does not play a premium position. Sorry.

You undervalue what Adams does in order to drive home the point that you don’t think we should keep him. If you, and others for that matter, don’t see what this guy does and how much of an impact he makes than I won’t even bother explaining it anymore. 

I think it would be very interesting to see what Gregg Williams’ opinion is on this player. Something tells me he agrees more with me. Just a hunch. 

13 hours ago, bitonti said:

Polamalu and Adams are very similar players. Polamolu is clearly a better player because of his “hands”. I mean Adams is a great player and better than TP in some ways. Polamalu had incredible hands though. Adams has dropped or not made the play on at least 4 potential INTs. He can improve that we’ll see. Adams even has that Polamalu “jump over the a gap/center” move On 3rd/4th and 1... 

both super duper high football IQ guys with off the charts instincts / anticipation.

6 minutes ago, Vader said:

Polamalu and Adams are very similar players. Polamolu is clearly a better player because of his “hands”. I mean Adams is a great player and better than TP in some ways. Polamalu had incredible hands though. Adams has dropped or not made the play on at least 4 potential INTs. He can improve that we’ll see. Adams even has that Polamalu “jump over the a gap/center” move On 3rd/4th and 1... 

both super duper high football IQ guys with off the charts instincts / anticipation.

Except Polamalu was actually a Man.

• Haha 1

You undervalue what Adams does in order to drive home the point that you don’t think we should keep him. If you, and others for that matter, don’t see what this guy does and how much of an impact he makes than I won’t even bother explaining it anymore. 

I think it would be very interesting to see what Gregg Williams’ opinion is on this player. Something tells me he agrees more with me. Just a hunch. 

His impact doesn’t show up in the stat sheet or the win column. The burden of proof is on you to prove he’s one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

Gregg Williams: “I’ve coached better players than you.”
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2020 at 3:12 PM, JetsFanShawn said:

i think they should he helped 50 persent of there problem that was wrong with the Jets .

Shawn (if I've got this translation correct, also he voted for signing him): "Pay him, he's already brought change to the Jets"

Also Shawn: 845EF3A3-4FF1-4566-A1BB-4A9EF786235E.jpeg.1c937f6b427e73331f7ed563e8efefe4.jpeg

WHICH IS IT SHAWN?!?!

• Haha 1