Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Prez33 said:

Sorry but George Clooney is an actor not a professional football player. 

D875D21C-C5BD-4A4A-BD22-9B073C35250B.gif

Just logged on saw Jetlaws post and was wondering if anyone would pick up on this- was going to post something similar but clearly you beat me to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I just don't see him fitting on this team. He's been Up In the Air too long, and thinks he's Batman when he's not. Paying him significant money would just be opening the casino vault to a team of bank robbers, and put the Jets in the financial ER. No thanks. sandra bullock stars GIF

Keep in mind he's set to Descend into a lot of money, too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

 

 

At those figures I'm very much OK with this signing.  

It certainly will shut a lot of complainers up, lol.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, choon328 said:

4th round picks rarely become starters.  Something like 13% of the time.  People are making too big of a deal over it. And you can't keep paying veteran QB's to back up Darnold when he gets his $30 million extension. 

Yep.  Hopefully Morgan will be ready to take over # 2 duties in 2021 so that we don't have to keep Flacco (or sign another vet) beyond 2020.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The base pay is under 2 mil a good signing except he’s coming off of neck surgery. We’re seeing good experienced vets like him and Dalton signing for lower amounts of money on one year deals. But puts us in a much better place than we were last year. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Just logged on saw Jetlaws post and was wondering if anyone would pick up on this- was going to post something similar but clearly you beat me to it. 

I’m quick on the trigger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smart move considering what’s out there. He can game manage if necessary. Better than throwing Fales out there. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, choon328 said:

4th round picks rarely become starters.  Something like 13% of the time.  People are making too big of a deal over it. And you can't keep paying veteran QB's to back up Darnold when he gets his $30 million extension. 

That's a 13% chance vs. a 0% chance for a 3rd string QB who won't dress for a single game in 2020.  For a bad team with a bad roster, this is a terrible strategy IMO. 

Legit teams have legit backup QB's.  If the Jets are a playoff contending team under Darnold, you can bet your bottom dollar that the GM will find a way to have a legit backup on the roster every year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Has anyone else had the career trajectory of Flacco? First round pick, moderately skilled, won consistently with a very good team around him, eventually a Super Bowl. And then just average at best and in rapid decline after the first contract. 

No, I don't think so.  And he was simply brilliant in that 2012 postseason too.  11 TDs, 0 INTs, over 9.0 yards/attempt, and a QB Rating ranging from 106.2 to 125.6 in the 4 games.  Simply incredible. 

There's never been a QB to play that well in a postseason and look so bad ever since.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

He has had a bizarre career. Eli Manning is the only comparison that comes to mind. 

Yep, and even then, Eli's numbers in each of his SB runs weren't as good as Flacco's were in that 2012 postseason.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quality veteran backup QB. A guy who can potentially win a few games if Darnold misses time again while Morgan develops into the long term #2. Hard not to like this deal, IMO.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

He has had a bizarre career. Eli Manning is the only comparison that comes to mind. 

The only real difference between Eli and Flacco is that Eli's last name is manning and he played in NY. Because of that people think he's a Hall of Famer.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, and even then, Eli's numbers in each of his SB runs weren't as good as Flacco's were in that 2012 postseason.   

One could argue Flacco’s 2012 postseason was the best in history (maybe Rodgers in 2010 is up there too). He beat rookie Luck, Manning and Brady both on the road, and then the loaded Niners. And not one blemish in four games. Staggering. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  Darnold

2.  Flacco

3.  Fales

4. Morgan

5.  White

That's not exactly terribly depth going into camp.  Douglas has done a great job of getting better depth on this team.  At almost every position.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

One could argue Flacco’s 2012 postseason was the best in history (maybe Rodgers in 2010 is up there too). He beat rookie Luck, Manning and Brady both on the road, and then the loaded Niners. And not one blemish in four games. Staggering. 

I'd put Steve Young's 1994 postseason high on that list, possibly # 1.  9 TDs/0 INTs in 3 games (including a 6 TD Super Bowl), 2 Rushing TDs, and the team averaged 43.6 points per game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

1.  Darnold

2.  Flacco

3.  Fales

4. Morgan

5.  White

That's not exactly terribly depth going into camp.  Douglas has fonr a great job of getting better depth on this team.  At almost every position.

Scary isn’t it....  a GM that isn’t a fukkin arsehole. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent signing for the money. He's completely washed though.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Good signing even though I'm not a fan at least we can say buh buy to Fales who was nothing more than a place holder until we filled out the rest of the roster.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.
 

Agreed Fales not much different than Falk.  Neither should ever be on an NFL roster again.  Then again Mike Maccagnan should be barred from the Janitor’s room at every NFL Franchise (and that actually appears to be the case).  But back from going off on a tangent.  Looks like REAL NFL moves are taking place under the stewardship of Joseph Douglas.

I don’t know how anyone could be against this signing.

Hypothetically, Darnold goes down in the 15th game, last game is a must win for a playoff berth, are the Jets way better off today than they were yesterday, if this scenario actually were to play out?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Douglas scouted him when he was with Baltimore and gave him a high grade. This is a really good signing. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Not a big fan of the Morgan pick. What's done is done. I'm a little curious about the coincidence that Morgan has a lot of the same attributes as Flacco. It's like they have a "type" for back up QB. 

I don't buy the type hype.

I just think they were tired of having guys not much better than I am coming in to take snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I definitely remember you wanting us to draft Flacco way back when.  Think you kept saying, "I want the Italian quarterback!".

Oh my God! You are such a good listener!! 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

Oh my God! You are such a good listener!! 

Is Dexter McDougle still available?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

That's a 13% chance vs. a 0% chance for a 3rd string QB who won't dress for a single game in 2020.  For a bad team with a bad roster, this is a terrible strategy IMO. 

Legit teams have legit backup QB's.  If the Jets are a playoff contending team under Darnold, you can bet your bottom dollar that the GM will find a way to have a legit backup on the roster every year.  

Or they can draft and develop one like they did and save about $5 million per year. And over half the draft picks this year will have zero impact on any game in 2020. Anything beyond the 3rd round rarely makes a noticeable impact year 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

I just don't see him fitting on this team. He's been Up In the Air too long, and thinks he's Batman when he's not. Paying him significant money would just be opening the casino vault to a team of bank robbers, and put the Jets in the financial ER. No thanks. sandra bullock stars GIF

 

60DF7E67-1E08-422B-91C7-E9662F50C6F4.gif

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

flacco.jpg

Love this.  Great job JD.

SAR I

100% agreed. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...