QBR: 40.1
DVOA: 26th
PFF: 66.3
Y/A: 6.6
Y/G: 268
TD%: 3
INT: 2.7
Will be 33 later this year.

Yet, I see places like Rotoworld with this quote on Flacco “If he does nail down the No. 2 job, he will be one of league’s worst backups”.

This is the blurb on signing Dalton “The Cowboys now have quality insurance as Dalton would be able to put up quality numbers in this stacked offense, and it comes at a very affordable cost”

Flacco cost pretty much half of Dalton.

Walter Football (Yes I know, useless) ranked Flacco 11th FA QB this year, Dalton 13th.

Why does Flacco get sh*t on, but Dalton was a quality signing?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Flacco is coming off a serious injury and is probably done. I’m honestly surprised he even decided to play this year.

• Sympathy 1

memba before Darnold how lots of folks on here were like, “you draft a QB every year until you hit the jackpot and then keep drafting one every year after...best case scenario is to get lucky and select some serious trade bait (like the pats), or a reliable backup that can step in and not give you that hopeless feeling.”

You mean to tell me that drafting a “contributing player” over the next two years in the 4th round pays more dividends then a possible solid backup QB in 2 yrs for the following 2-3-4 yrs ORRRR a 1st-2nd-3rd round pick for a team that may get wet in the ass for Morgan (the alleged way some scouts and teams were).
We are way further away from being a successful franchise than a “contributing player” 
STFU!

People need to learn the difference between a good gamble and bad gamble. Percentage and probability folks...the same equation that there isn’t one employed GM posting here. 

Thanks,..I’ll be here all week.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

For THIS team at THIS time, the Jets would have been better served to draft another WR.  In an extremely deep WR draft, there were decent prospects still on the board in the 4th round. I would much rather have rolled the dice and try to develop another WR for Darnold than a QB who might never take a snap in an NFL game.

I felt the same way at the time but after seeing our roster and the guys we could have picked, Im ok with taking a QB   Hopefully Morgan is all they hope he is

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This doesn't make sense to me.  What does Flacco (signed to a 1-year deal) have anything to do with Morgan (big armed prospect cheaply under contract for the next 4 years)?

I think it further proves that the backup QB position could be adequately filled without investing too much. All that said you can never have too many QBs on the roster who can play (as the Jets saw last year). 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think it further proves that the backup QB position could be adequately filled without investing too much. All that said you can never have too many QBs on the roster who can play (as the Jets saw last year). 

Absolutely.  I was initially against signing a guy like Flacco, but only because I assumed he'd be getting something like $7-8M.  The $1.5-4.5M he's settling for is perfect.

With the addition of Flacco, add that to the list of former high draft picks that JD has added to the roster since his arrival:

• Joe Flacco (2008 1st round pick - # 18 overall)
  • Josh Doctson (2016 1st round pick - # 22 overall)
  • Breshad Perriman (2015 1st round pick - # 26 overall)
  • Quincy Wilson (2017 2nd round pick)
  • Frank Gore (2005 3rd round pick)
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I don't think so.  And he was simply brilliant in that 2012 postseason too.  11 TDs, 0 INTs, over 9.0 yards/attempt, and a QB Rating ranging from 106.2 to 125.6 in the 4 games.  Simply incredible. 

There's never been a QB to play that well in a postseason and look so bad ever since.  

Actually he could have won another super bowl if not screwed by the Patriots. He delivered the winning throw in that game twice. The last one was dropped.

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, TnT said:

memba before Darnold how lots of folks on here were like, “you draft a QB every year until you hit the jackpot and then keep drafting one every year after...best case scenario is to get lucky and select some serious trade bait (like the pats), or a reliable backup that can step in and not give you that hopeless feeling.”

You mean to tell me that drafting a “contributing player” over the next two years in the 4th round pays more dividends then a possible solid backup QB in 2 yrs for the following 2-3-4 yrs ORRRR a 1st-2nd-3rd round pick for a team that may get wet in the ass for Morgan (the alleged way some scouts and teams were).
We are way further away from being a successful franchise than a “contributing player” 
STFU!

People need to learn the difference between a good gamble and bad gamble. Percentage and probability folks...the same equation that there isn’t one employed GM posting here. 

Thanks,..I’ll be here all week.

Mic drop.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I also don’t understand why people keep saying he’s gonna mentor Sam. Sam’s going into year 3, he doesn’t need a mentor, he needs a backup that can win a game in case he goes down to consistently play like a 1st round QB.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This doesn't make sense to me.  What does Flacco (signed to a 1-year deal) have anything to do with Morgan (big armed prospect cheaply under contract for the next 4 years)?

He was a 4th rounder that with tons of talent still on the draft board, that is the issue.  He needs to be much more than a big armed guy because we have had a host of those big armed guys.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was a 4th rounder that with tons of talent still on the draft board, that is the issue.  He needs to be much more than a big armed guy because we have had a host of those big armed guys.

As opposed to all those other talented players who were still on the draft board?  Somehow for the players you wanted being on the draft board wasn't an issue?  OK, lol, come on.  

16 hours ago, PS17 said:

Eli won two Super Bowls against the most successful sports dynasty of the 21st Century. He had a lot of clunker years but his longevity and flare on some of the biggest stages in history, coupled with his last name make him a slam dunk HOFer.

Flacco is similar but his resume is not close.

In those Super Bowls the Giants offense scored, what, 17 and 21 points? I just don't understand why people assign that to him when the Giants great defensive line won those games for them. The only thing he's ever led the league in is interceptions.

He will get into the Hall of Fame -- because of his name, longevity and the Giants brand. But he wasn't a HOF caliber player.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

In those Super Bowls the Giants offense scored, what, 17 and 21 points? I just don't understand why people assign that to him when the Giants great defensive line won those games for them. The only thing he's ever led the league in is interceptions.

He will get into the Hall of Fame -- because of his name, longevity and the Giants brand. But he wasn't a HOF caliber player.

Eli still had to put points on the board.  I don’t get that logic a qb doesn’t deserve credit for winning a super bowl unless the offense puts up 50+ points

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Winning >>>>>>> Stats

every damn time

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Youre going to knock him because in two games, against and all time great team, all time franchise, GOAT defensive HC and a GOAT at QB he scored more than that other team in each games and won?  

I hate him and that name too.  I can argue against him going in, weakly, but come on, those two games aren't anything to complain about.  I'd take two 3-0 SB wins

• Haha 1

We have? The last big armed guy I can think of is Favre, and he of course wasn’t a developmental addition. All of our QBs over the years have either had noodle arms (Pennington, Bollinger, McElroy) or been pretty average in that category.