Hate to admit it, Brady starting to grow on me since he left the Pats

I have nothing personal against him. And he’s done nothing wrong off the field he seems to be an alright citizen. I always thought the cheater tag on them was over exaggerated (by us). While true they still would have won most of those games. And if Brady signed with the Jets I’d have to root for him. Look we rooted for Jason Taylor. But do I like Brady. No and never will. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I have nothing personal against him. And he’s done nothing wrong off the field he seems to be an alright citizen. I always thought the cheater tag on them was over exaggerated (by us). While true they still would have won most of those games. And if Brady signed with the Jets I’d have to root for him. Look we rooted for Jason Taylor. But do I like Brady. No and never. 

I didn't like rooting for Jason Taylor but I was willing to.  I'd have had no problem rooting for Brady if he went to the Jets (obviously not over Darnold but I'm talking about in a general sense).

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I have nothing personal against him. And he’s done nothing wrong off the field he seems to be an alright citizen. I always thought the cheater tag on them was over exaggerated (by us). While true they still would have won most of those games. And if Brady signed with the Jets I’d have to root for him. Look we rooted for Jason Taylor. But do I like Brady. No and never. 

I don't know about that.  I think all of their Superbowl wins were in very close games so the spying could've potentially been the difference in some of those games.  Even if it affected even 1 Superbowl, that's an enormous scandal.

But I do believe most teams (in all of sports) are cheating to some degree or another.  The Astros thing was pretty wild and probably it's still being hidden to a degree.   I'm sure it goes on in other sports too.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know about that.  I think all of their Superbowl wins were in very close games so the spying could've potentially been the difference in some of those games.  Even if it affected even 1 Superbowl, that's an enormous scandal.

But I do believe most teams (in all of sports) are cheating to some degree or another.  The Astros thing was pretty wild and probably it's still being hidden to a degree.   I'm sure it goes on in other sports too.

If Brady really wanted to get back at the Patriots and esp Belichick he would sign with the Jets. But I think like BB and Kraft he also hates our guts more than any other team. And would never play for us.  That's ok with me, I don't care about their hate I care about my hate and it's almost 100% for them. 

Ha! I sure am taking my lumps in this thread.  I get it.  And, I have no problem with that.  But I also know that 99% of you will be rooting for Brady at least 5 times this coming season as the Buccs play against AFC teams, the NY Giants, etc. ;)

Tbh, I don't even hate Belichick.  I root against him in every game but I have great respect for him as a HC (and as a football historian).  Sports is more fun when you have guys to root against anyway, though, so I think it's good having him in the league.

• Thumb Down 1

I lost my ill-will towards Brady In the past few years and have accepted his greatness despite all his cheating. I admire his drive and determination. The only other athlete that is competitive as him was Michael Jordan. 

but since going to Tampa, every week there’s a big story on Brady. Whether it’s saying hello to someone or being spotted at a gym or a new selfie pic. Now he’s getting attention for his celebrity status rather than a football player. 

I can’t stand celebrities, so now I’m back to hating him. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JiF said:

Brady sucks at golf and I take a lot of pride in how much better I am than he is at a sport you can’t cheat in. 

Since when did golf become a sport you can't cheat in.  Can't tell you how many times I have played with reasonably intelligent people who suddenly forget how to count to 6 or 7.

And gotta give Brady a bit of credit, he did play a very nice back 9.  Once he holed out that shot from the fairway, he was a different player.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha! I sure am taking my lumps in this thread.  I get it.  And, I have no problem with that.  But I also know that 99% of you will be rooting for Brady at least 5 times this coming season as the Buccs play against AFC teams, the NY Giants, etc. ;)

I tend to agree with you.  I’ve never really had this hatred toward Brady during his ridiculous run with the Pats.  I tend to not really despise many players at all,  just certain teams and college programs.   Other than a couple seasons with Rex, the Jets did absolutely nothing to build a team that could compete with Brady and the Pats, nor did the rest of the AFCE.   Brady’s run through the division was easy for over a decade.  To be honest, I have way more disdain for certain Jets GMs and coaches than I do Brady.   

• Thumb Down 1

On 5/24/2020 at 2:51 PM, jetstream23 said:

I will NEVER root for Brandi.

EVER EVER EVER EVER!!

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2020 at 1:42 PM, jetstream23 said:

It's much easier now that he's in the NFC.  I hated the guy more than Dan Marino for almost two decades.  But he's moved on and harboring hate serves no purpose, even for a cheater. :P

Brady is pretty funny too....as Eli Manning just joined social media after holding out on starting an account until retirement.  He received a somewhat self-deprecating welcome from TB.

püssy 

On 5/25/2020 at 9:14 AM, Untouchable said:

I’ve never really had an issue with Brady.

It’s Belichick who I want to be anally ravaged by Satan for all eternity.

It’s not Brady’s fault every team in the nfl including the jets passed on him at least 5 times

Belichick is the douche who hates us

• Upvote 1