Philc1

Why do people hate the jets so much?

I was looking at the QB ranking chart in the other thread and seeing Darnold basically rated as Ryan Leaf and I was just wondering where that animosity comes from?

As a Yankees fan I get people hating on them.  They’re the Yankees 27 World Series championships, highest payroll(not true anymore but that’s the perception) your wife or gf in Ohio wishes she was with Jeter.  But what did the Jets ever do?

Is it because Giants fans in the media hate sharing the spotlight?  Is it because patriots homers on ESPN spew venom?

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

are you talking about the one going around supposedly by ESPN?  they don't even have darnold in the top 25 and have kyler murray at 3.  wtf.

If you just heard the people who know everything and didn’t actually watch Sam play last season you would think Brian Hoyer > Darnold

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Young Jetty said:

Winning changes everything. We haven't been goos at that in a while.

When we were winning the last time with Rex we were hated even more intensely 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, JTJet said:

ESPN and sports media pure and simple. 

- How ESPN portrays Jets fans acting during the draft (even though EVERY fanbase acts the same way, we were just the ones televised because it was in NY for so long). Toss in constantly replaying the buttfumble every 3 weeks for really no reason. 

- Our own NY sports media. It's a shark tank and the Jets are the chum. Most other cities have two maybe three beat reporters for their team. We have about 71, and they are all aiming to be relevant, so they one up each other with fabricated stories and "sources", but it damages the teams image in the process. I live in Indianapolis and there's ONE sports reporter here, Bob Kravitz, and even when the Colts were inept, you wouldnt hear that many bad things about them, and you wouldnt believe how much bad sh*t the media in Indy just quietly doesnt report on with regards to players getting in trouble. 

Connecticut based ESPN is a big reason for it

Jets fans are pillars of industry on Wall Street and people who can afford to live in NYC.  The majority of Steelers fans can barely afford to live in crappy condos in the Midwest without govt cheese

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Yes, but for a different reason. Rex was out shooting his mouth off and most fans of other teams thought it was going to happen, especially after the Jets surprising playoff in 2010. They hated them because they thought the Jets were going to be successful and they didn't like ultra confident guys like Rex.

Yeah but it was fun watching the pompous  d ckwads at ESPN act like we had no shot against the patriots in the 2010 playoffs 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

I was surprised all the hate Sam received after the seeing ghost game from the ESPN misfits on twitter. Over the top hate IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then people give us S for mocking a known douchebag like Baker

Sam is not only a talented player he’s genuinely a good guy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

That's easy - they're jealous of our success

If you are a fan of the Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Bengals then yes

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

NOTHING ; NOTHING IN 50 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!

Tweak?  Tweak my ass!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sackdance said:

And booing when he re-entered the game. I was ashamed to even be there... as a fan I never really got over that day. 

Chiefs fans cheered when Matt Cassell got injured and no one cares

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company