Philc1

Why do people hate the jets so much?

The Jets have always been a laughingstock. Let's just face the facts. The Jets organization ever since it's inception had personified STUPID. The Jets do and say EVERYTHING to make themselves appear like a bunch of GD idiots. Latest brilliant move would be trading Jamal Adams. I don't care if they get 3 1st rounders for Jamal, they would still squander EVERY pick because they SUCK at drafting. Add in small, petty things like cheering when Chad Pennington got injured. That's about as cheap and low rent a move as fan Base could possibly be. 

The above and many other incidents is why this team is hated. They do it to themselves and dumb fans just pile on.

All of that stuff is stupid, no doubt...and I’m with you on Jamal (though I have to admit I’d be intrigued to see what JD and his crew could do with 3 1s). But fans in general are reactionary and short-sighted, and they do dumb stuff like that all the time. Our stuff gets magnified because A) we’re jet fans and 2) this team has been riddled with bad management and leadership for our entire lives (and I only go back to Clueless Joe).

• Upvote 1

People don't really hate the Jets. But..

1) They hate New York. and...

2) They like to sh*t on New York teams that don't win. You'll never have a "lovable loser" from New York like you do Chicago. New York is the economic and cultural capital of the country, and subsequently has the arrogance to go with it. It's a hyper competitive city that draws the best and the brightest. It's full of winners. If you're a loser here you suck. Nobody loves you.

So the solution is simple. We need to win.

This too. As the dreaded met-jet combo, any of us can tell you this. I’m sure clipper fans have the same complaint. You’ll notice all this crap quieted down with Parcells here. It’s the same thing. This won’t get better til we turn it around.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company