Why do people hate the jets so much?

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Imagine someone defending the only All Pro on the team... crazy stuff, huh?

?

Blame Macc for Jamal Adams being the only All-Pro on the roster.  Not folks like me for suggesting a SS/LB hybrid might not be worth $15-18M a year just because we have some free cap dollars at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Blame Macc for Jamal Adams being the only All-Pro on the roster.  Not folks like me for suggesting a SS/LB hybrid might not be worth $15-18M a year just because we have some free cap dollars at the moment.

The only place I've heard 18m is here.

I realize dumping Adams and what you think of his play and personality has replaced firing Macc as your Crusade du jour (that's okay, I've been told I have one of my own) but if Adams gets anything like that kind of money, it's because that's what he's worth.

It's not like you harping on it is going to influence Douglas one way or the other. You hope they trade him and get draft picks, some of us want to keep good players on the team.

Instead of making up a bunch of nonsense about what Adams will do or how he'll behave without getting a new deal, let's see what happens. Because so far that's all it's been... made up BS by bloggers or posters on boards.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

WTF are you? Who named you the model fan Hillary?

Not claiming to be a model fan, but if you hate the Jets and Jets fans so much, why are you a Jet fan. Nobody has a gun to your head. If you want to be popular, pick a team that the media loves and will swear every day is elite. A team like the Cowboys that has three post season wins in the last 20 years compared to the Jets 7

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Not claiming to be a model fan, but if you hate the Jets and Jets fans so much, why are you a Jet fan. Nobody has a gun to your head. If you want to be popular, pick a team that the media loves and will swear every day is elite. A team like the Cowboys that has three post season wins in the last 20 years compared to the Jets 7

No one here hates the Jets.  Stop being stupid.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

I was surprised all the hate Sam received after the seeing ghost game from the ESPN misfits on twitter. Over the top hate IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then people give us S for mocking a known douchebag like Baker

Sam is not only a talented player he’s genuinely a good guy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

And then people give us S for mocking a known douchebag like Baker

Sam is not only a talented player he’s genuinely a good guy

You’re right, it’s almost like the haters want to see Sam fail so the Jets can continue to exist in obscurity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

The only place I've heard 18m is here.

I realize dumping Adams and what you think of his play and personality has replaced firing Macc as your Crusade du jour (that's okay, I've been told I have one of my own) but if Adams gets anything like that kind of money, it's because that's what he's worth.

It's not like you harping on it is going to influence Douglas one way or the other. You hope they trade him and get draft picks, some of us want to keep good players on the team.

Instead of making up a bunch of nonsense about what Adams will do or how he'll behave without getting a new deal, let's see what happens. Because so far that's all it's been... made up BS by bloggers or posters on boards.

You are the leader of those BS bloggers, and if you think Adams is worth 18 million, that explains enough.

33 minutes ago, GaryM said:

You are the leader of those BS bloggers, and if you think Adams is worth 18 million, that explains enough.

And you are a follower, who has no ability to comprehend what you’ve read.

Which explains more than enough.

• Sympathy 1

On 5/24/2020 at 7:43 AM, Philc1 said:

I was looking at the QB ranking chart in the other thread and seeing Darnold basically rated as Ryan Leaf and I was just wondering where that animosity comes from?

As a Yankees fan I get people hating on them.  They’re the Yankees 27 World Series championships, highest payroll(not true anymore but that’s the perception) your wife or gf in Ohio wishes she was with Jeter.  But what did the Jets ever do?

Is it because Giants fans in the media hate sharing the spotlight?  Is it because patriots homers on ESPN spew venom?

NOTHING ; NOTHING IN 50 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2020 at 8:09 AM, Losmeister said:

animosity? how do you expect the 27th rated passer to be rated?  and i dont know about the Leaf comp... I have not read or heard that. Sams a good kid, not a dbag like Leaf. But he hasnt played well.

How can you say he hasn't played well when he still had a winning record with 11 different O-lineman, no Herndon, no Q, zero separation most of the time by receivers because there is no time, etc. He finished 6-2 with the third highest QB rating over that time while running for his life and recovering from mono. Pretty miraculous if you ask me. Is it really hard to separate the fact that a QB is in a bad situation on a mediocre team, as opposed to a bad QB in a good situation? Football is a team game. To say he hasn't played well is just wrong. He improved in every category over the previous year too.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

How can you say he hasn't played well when he still had a winning record with 11 different O-lineman, no Herndon, no Q, zero separation most of the time by receivers because there is no time, etc. He finished 6-2 with the third highest QB rating over that time while running for his life and recovering from mono. Pretty miraculous if you ask me. Is it really hard to separate the fact that a QB is in a bad situation on a mediocre team, as opposed to a bad QB in a good situation? Football is a team game. To say he hasn't played well is just wrong. He improved in every category over the previous year too.

bottom 6 qb...

pretty miraculous

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

+100

Required reading.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

We have the same talk with every controversial piece. It’s not the media, it’s the people that feed the media.

1. Big market with two teams in one sport means one is always billed as the red headed stepchild. Lol Nets (although lol Knicks too), lol Mets, lol Islanders, etc. it’s because there is a geographical rivalry. Giants/Yankees/Rangers fans will read things bashing Jets/Mets/Islanders respectively. Therefore, you aren’t losing much in your geographical area.

You don’t do this in KC, because if the Chiefs fans are against you, better start packing. Negativity? Sure. Blatant attempts to stir the pot? Not much of a shot.

2. The business model for the media is no longer about reporting. It’s the same thing with the news. If you drove by a bunch of cops three blocks from your house in the early 90’s, your options were pulling over and asking the people for unverified accounts of what’s happening. Or you waited until the 11 o’clock news after 2 commercial breaks. That was it. Therefore the news could report what happened and still retain your interest because you had a desire to know what was going on.

Nowadays, with social media, you can probably get a live twitter feed from those cops, and people scanning the the police scanner to know what is going on. You no longer have the need to know, so just reporting is now boring and useless. So they sensationalize it to hold your interest. Instead of news, let’s pump if they entered the house legally, because of race, police brutality, etc. The actual news is the foreword. The meat lays in their analysis of the situation, which is just meant to stir up controversy.

Same thing with the Jets. “Adams and the Jets negotiating like 28 other teams” has no value to them. However, here’s the news cycle for “high tension between Adams and the Jets”

- Should the Jets resign Adams? You have Yes/No pieces with people invested in both sides. Then a subset of, what should the Jets sign him for? Another subset of “that’s too much/that’s not enough” reaction posts and discussions.

-Should the Jets trade Adams? You have Yes/No articles with people invested in both sides. Then a subset of, where the Jets should trade him? And if so, for what. We have rampant trade discussion for possible matches. Then all the discussion surrounding it.

-What is wrong with the Jets? A subset of articles discussing the issues with Gase, Douglas, and Johnsons. A whole bunch of people reacting to it.

- What’s wrong with Adams? Is he a diva? A leader? A subset of reactions to it.

- Then a meta sports insight into how players are standing up for their rights. Subset of are they right/wrong reactions! Bunch of root for the jerseys/individual posts met with root for players/not owners posts.

- National media exposure for controversy because everyone loves a car fire. It helps build a narrative about Lol Jets, and we’ve completed the circle.

Now, when a story spins into a controversial slant, it’s more believable.

Just go through this sub, and see the number of posts generated from this subject.

The media isn’t at fault because they make money with clicks and ads. To achieve those, they need discussion and controversy. It’s why a reporter like Manish, widely hated by most fans, stays employed because people pay for it by spreading it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 5/24/2020 at 8:12 AM, NYJ1 said:

Add in small, petty things like cheering when Chad Pennington got injured. That's about as cheap and low rent a move as fan Base could possibly be. 

And booing when he re-entered the game. I was ashamed to even be there... as a fan I never really got over that day. 

face, it when have the jets actually been good for any length of time?  i suppose the namath years, 67, 68 and 69 were the best they strung together.  since then there have been a few back to back good seasons but an awful lot of 3 and 4 season losing streaks.  the talking heads don't talk them up because they win either way.  the ny metro are is so large that they can cover a team with good or bad points and there will be viewers/readers.  but i would say that if the jets were very successful, they would hated even more. 

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Chiefs fans cheered when Matt Cassell got injured and no one cares

Bingo.

You always see people make broad generalizations about fans from this city or that team, but the reality is that, if you get enough people from any one group (a fan base being only one example of a large group of people) in one place, there will always be a few jerks who ruin it for everyone else. 

Historically we are the 27th winningest team in the NFL.   Our winning percentage since 1960 is around .450.  We are irrelevant, nobody hates us.  

In order to turn this team around, we would have to win for a decade straight.  Anything less is SOJ.  We are notorious for having a good season or two followed by 5 or 6 losing seasons.  Currently we haven't been to the playoffs in a decade. Worst part is we aren't even close to being a winning team.  We are facing another losing season, at the end of which, Gase gets fired and we start the whole cycle over again. Wash Rinse Repeat.

Anybody who thinks this team is anywhere near a playoff caliber team would have to answer 

1.  How quickly can a completely new offensive line gel

2.  Who is our pass rusher?

3.  Who is our #1 CB

4.  Who is our #1 WR?

5.  How Gase can actually get this team to win?

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Bingo.

You always see people make broad generalizations about fans from this city or that team, but the reality is that, if you get enough people from any one group (a fan base being only one example of a large group of people) in one place, there will always be a few jerks who ruin it for everyone else. 

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Chiefs fans cheered when Matt Cassell got injured and no one cares

I can't speak for anyone else but I certainly don't care; then again, I'm not a Chiefs fan and probably forgot he was ever on KC in the first place. 

But I still remember a LOT of my fellow Jet fans acting like complete scumbags when Pennington got hurt. 

The past decade of Jets football (since 2009-2010) has been a complete disgrace so it really is tough to defend. To the OPs point the media does certainly take pleasure in trolling the Jets. You know the ESPN broadcast this year on MNF Vs Pats is going harp on the buttfumble and seeing ghosts at nauseum. 

5 hours ago, Ben said:

The past decade of Jets football (since 2009-2010) has been a complete disgrace so it really is tough to defend. To the OPs point the media does certainly take pleasure in trolling the Jets. You know the ESPN broadcast this year on MNF Vs Pats is going harp on the buttfumble and seeing ghosts at nauseum. 

2009 and 2010 the Jets were one game from the SB each year.  Since 2011 I'd agree.

8 hours ago, sackdance said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I certainly don't care; then again, I'm not a Chiefs fan and probably forgot he was ever on KC in the first place. 

But I still remember a LOT of my fellow Jet fans acting like complete scumbags when Pennington got hurt. 

I remember that day but I don't think fans are cheering the actual injury as much as they just wanted another player in there.  I was in the stadium that day and really pissed when the fans cheered but I don't think it was for the injury itself.