NYJ1

Jets’ rash of linebacker injuries could come with huge payoff

All that pain of 1-7 is rewarded with a bunch of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers getting a ton of real playing time.  We are going to be a deep, deep defensive team.  Not going to get winded in the fourth quarter.  Going to have a D that knows how to finish games (finally).

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed, no more excuses for Adam Gase.

You mean Gregg Williams.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Actually I think that might have been the sarcasm. 

If they give the head coach no credit for the defense, they can't give the head coach criticism for the defense.  That's how it works.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I mean ADAM GASE. In fact, this season is much more about a referendum on Adam Gase than it is anyone else. Gregg Williams doesn't have anything to prove. He's already proven he's a great defensive coordinator. Not to mention on the Jets the defense is the best unit on the team. The Jets offense sucks and it's Gase's job to get the offense going.

This thread is about the defense.  The Jets defense was good all year and finished very strong, very impressive for a bunch of second, third, and fourth stringers.

If you give credit to ADAM GASE for the great defensive performance last year then you are entitled to criticize ADAM GASE if the defense isn't as good this year.

If you didn't give credit to ADAM GASE for the great defensive performance last year then you are only entitled to criticize GREGG WILLIAMS if the defense isn't as good this year.

Can't have it both ways.  We aren't a bunch of drunks in a parking lot.  We know what's what.  Savvy?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company