1 member has voted

1. 1. Poll closes in half hour.

• Strong side
    • Weak side
    • Middle — ILB
    • Deep middle
    • Deep Half cover two

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/25/2020 at 04:00 AM

Geniuses: where does Adams usually line up? Poll closes tonite at 12 midnight. Let’s find out what you know!!! Public poll. Sorry for the deadline, I assume everyone with a strong opinion already knows the answer 

• Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Your reminder that the best positive explanation for the meager statistics Jamal Adams puts up is that he’s playing linebacker.

Where does he line up Tomshane? Easy question. 

maybe you don’t know 

I understand Adams is a controversial topic. But let’s all as a Jets community understand the player and topic. Where does Adams line up usually presnap. 

sorry that this is a real football question 

This is an excellent question and relates directly to an article I'm writing at the moment regardind Jamal and Ashtyn Davis.  If Davis can cover the amount of ground in coverage that an elite free safety can, why not let Adams focus even more on playing in the front 7 where he does his best work?

Even as somebody who has always defended Jamal and said he's better in coverage than many give him credit for, coverage is not where he makes big plays.  Have him around the line as much as possible to get the most out of him and of course you can still deploy him in coverage from time to time, but the more he's around the LOS, the better this defense is IMO.  The biggest concern is his size and whether or not he could bulk up w/o losing a half step.

Edited by AFJF

Oh, you're literally just asking where he physically lines up on the field?  The easy answer is all over the place, but he lines up most frequently in the box at a variety of LB spots and about half as much time lined up as a free safety with another 150 or so snaps in the slot.  Also a few snaps lined out wide but not many.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

This is an excellent question and relates directly to an article I'm writing at the moment regardind Jamal and Ashtyn Davis.  If Davis can cover the amount of ground in coverage that an elite free safety can, why not let Adams focus even more on playing in the front 7 where he does his best work?

Even as somebody who has always defended Jamal and said he's better in coverage than many give him credit for, coverage is not where he makes big plays.  Have him around the line as much as possible to get the most out of him and of course you can still deploy him in coverage from time to time, but the more he's around the LOS, the better this defense is IMO.  The biggest concern is his size and whether or not he could bulk up w/o losing a half step.

You could be right, they sure aren’t playing Maye.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

good morning.  WTF is this thread?

Jamal Adams apocrypha.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Quarantine is really getting to some folks. 

Moreso it’s the frustrating lack of facts surrounding the Jamal Adams debate. 

• Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

Jamal Adams apocrypha.

Moreso it’s the frustrating lack of facts surrounding the Jamal Adams debate. 

I believe that it is an established fact that Adams is indeed a safety.  again... wut is this thread about?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Vader said:

I understand Adams is a controversial topic. But let’s all as a Jets community understand the player and topic. Where does Adams line up usually presnap. 

sorry that this is a real football question 

He lines up all over the field.

Never as an ILB

If you need help with that you really shouldn't start polls.