BROOKLYN JET

Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

Mary Steenburgen Fox GIF by The Last Man On Earth

14 minutes ago, Vader said:

No one is going to change your mind but extrapolating Darnold’s last 8 games he would have been

4000 yards/61.4%/30 total tds/8 INTs 

Jets had a 6-2 record. 

The window is not not open...

how bout extraploating tthe middle three losses to pats and jax and dolphins?

ouch.

homers dont like that

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

This pretty much sums it up.  The rest is the media trying to drum up traffic.  Doubt anything happens but it is a good test of Joe D's leadership.  Is he calm at the helm?  Does he capitulate like Tanny and dole out the big bucks to soothe an ego or trade away a building block like O'Brien or maybe another story line yet unwritten.  Tasty!

Eating Popcorn GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

he gonna stonewall the self n amed Preze who aint won ish...

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Yeah those were NOT good. but if we are looking to next season and going forward, and analyzing his season, the last 8 games could be the leveling up we expect from a player like Darnold.

that has to be acknowledged even if it’s “trust but verify” style. 

its cherry picking stats. 

you know what , my strikeout percentage in little leauge was 0% on all tha abs i didnt strike out....

5 hours ago, JiF said:

hmmmmmm is analyzing an obvious out of character 3 game stretch better than analyzing an 8 game stretch?

lol - the answer depends on your agenda otherwise, it's an not a really a question. 

had a 4 game stretch his rook season..got benched  so , what?, he has an evil twin? it isnt really Sam playing, but some other "character"?

claiming only one end of the data is legit is the agenda that I am pointing out is fallacious

I'm saying you should NOT extrapolate ANY particular stretch of games....

THATS THE POINT...   you dont get to eliminate data to get the result that you prefer....  by me pointing out the crazy example of selecting only bad games makes it obvious how stupid and ridiculous that is....   and you agree

you mentioning the word agenda actually nails the homers that want to pretend his bad games didntr hapen so they can paint a pretty picture....

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, it's no different than highlighting a few games to show how bad he really is.  You're doing the same thing they're doing you're just doing it differently on a much smaller sample size. 

your reading comprehension is garbage.

the bold part is EXACTLY WHAT I JUST SAID!!!!

DO YOU NOT SEE THE BOLD? ffs

me extrapolating bad games is an exercise to point out that highlighting one set of data is bogus.

I DONT THINK THAT EXTRAPOLATING SAMS BAD GAMES IS IS WHO HE REALLY IS

I THINK USING ALL THE DATA IS WHO SAM IS.

And I have said that he needs to raise his floor by elimanting those bad games and make them at least, merely, meh...

whcih would , on the whole, improve th Jets chances of winning those games.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

You said "how about extrapolate the bads games."  Not me.  I'm just responding to you by saying, a 3 game stretch isnt the same as an 8 game stretch, one is better data if you're going to extrapolate one or the other.

Not sure why you're yelling at me for responding to you but I agree that both exercises are stupid. 

only after someone said " if we extrapolate his last 8 games"  cos its silly.

sorry for the caps...   \

peace

George Costanza Dancing GIF by Crave

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Vader said:

I put forward the last 8 games extrapolation — but not as a projection, like I am saying that is who he is. I am saying that’s a positive data set and I hope it is basis for his maturation. 

It’s simply a consecutive and consistent stretch of games that a young QB has put together that COULD show a real maturation into FQB. And IF that is the case — and that has to be the expectation for Darnold — then the last 8 games of 2019 do mean something.

No GM would ignore that progress in evaluating his roster. Because there is a lot riding on whether or not those last 8 games is the real Sam Darnold. 

let's hope the lower ints is a good sign...      and hope that good8 game stretches dont have him throwing for less than 250 yards in half of them

14 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I've been on the trade Jamal bandwagon for a while now but this breakdown has changed my mind.  The Jets should just let the contract play out through year 5 and try to negotiate a long term deal at that point.  If that cannot get done, franchise him for one year and try to renegotiate after that.  He's wants top dollar now and will want top dollar in 3 years. Might as well get as much value out of him as possible

am only for trade if the option is PAY NOW or trade..   the above is the way to go and the way it SHOULD

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Chiefs aren't breaking protocol.  There are no talks of an extension for him.  That's the point:  That if the Chiefs aren't writing up a new monster deal for their 50-TD MVP and SB winning QB on a GOAT path, why should Adams be getting special treatment?  

Great Job Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Gotcha. 

Yeah, Adams comes off like a bit of a toolbox and he probably was eager to get to Dallas at the trade deadline. Can't really argue there. 

However, I do think it was a significant injury and he did play well when he returned. 

just thinking out loud ........but how "significant" is an injury that keeps you out fewer than 2 weeks?

• Upvote 2

Adams is great. But he plays a position that only does so much. In spite of his excellence, the Jets are 16-32 since drafting him. Their defense ranked 18th, 21st and 10th (a credit to Gregg Williams more than anything else) in Football Outsiders’ DVOA ratings those same three years. Adams has one more career interception (2) than Terrell Basham (1).from C Hughes/ Atheletic"

i disagree w/ "great". Very good, i'd day.

also ffrom C Hughes

There’s also this nugget, as dug up by ESPN: Since 2011, only 16 of 223 first-round picks received a new contract after their third season. Three of the more recent non-quarterbacks: Running backs Christian McCaffrey (Panthers), Ezekiel Elliott (Cowboys) and Todd Gurley (Rams). Not Pro Bowl corners Marshon Lattimore or Jalen Ramsey. Not all-pro defensive linemen Khalil Mack or Aaron Donald (whom Adams compared himself to).

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Hmm, well I would argue that any ankle injury that causes considerable pain is "significant" in football, as it undoubtedly hampers your ability to play. 

I'd also add with Adams that I don't think he is the type to sit out unnecessarily. Part of having a giant ego that makes him the pain in the ass that he might be also probably makes him a guy ho wants the spotlight on him on Thursday night Football. 

in the end, i have no idea what the deal was...     but being someone who has had injured ankles mamy times....

its just a bit wierd tome....           like i siad, wondering aloud...

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Maybe.

I don't like speculating on how seriously someone is injured. If a guy is ruled out due to injury, I take it at face value until proven otherwise. We have no idea how hurt any of these guys are. 

Adams plays the game with a ton of energy and a reckless abandon, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

The (good) argument against Adams is that he plays a relatively unimportant position, not that he isn't a heck of a player. 

i feel ya, about maybe not wanting to question...  its almost like quyestioning a pro athletes manhood or something...  and obviously they are pro athletes, so who are we to judge, right? 

he'd be great if he forced more fumbles and had more INTs...      but he's very good...         just a friggin prima donna would overrates himself

comparing himself DPOY guys is absurd

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Right. 

He's silly. 

end of 2018..  lasyt game v Pats and we're getting curbstomped late in the 3rd q and he's celebrating making a run stop on 2nd down whne were down by like-28-3...     i was LOL 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How will we be able to afford quality players with Mosley and Adams combining to suck up about $35M per year in cap dollars?

Pay Jamal and the D would have to survive with what they have.  Trade Jamal and we can surround Mosley with cheap, quality young talent via the draft.

interesting to read their repsective stat lines for the 1st 3 yrs

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoslC.00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AdamJa00.htm

Cj slight edge in cmb and solo tackles

JA edges out Pds 25/23

JA has 5 more sacks, CJ has 4 more INT

As of now, JA is the quality, cheap, young drafted talent. Shrug.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So at which position is 61 tackles, 1 INT, and 6.5 sacks considered “elite”? 

mouth safety

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Isn’t that called a Dental Dam?

i thought after i coulda done better,                          a brag to boast safety? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

i thought after i coulda done better,                          a brag to boast safety? 

even better,

not a SAFETY

a LIFE BOAST?

25 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

10+ for JA is doable.  

$100 bet?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company