BROOKLYN JET

Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

Jamal Adams is friends with Ryan Clark.  Ryan Clark is a former NFL player.  Both know how things are received publicly.  When rumors of a trade were swirling last year, Clark spoke to Adams and then went in front of TV cameras to tell the world Adams was excited to go to the Cowboys.  Was this a way of letting Dallas know he wanted to be there without having to come out and say it himself?  You'd be very naive to rule out that possibility.

So Jamal Adams refused so speak to his coach and GM because they didn't hang up the phone on a private call to check on his availability. How should the Jets fell about Adams streaming live and not "hanging up" when a former player talked to him about going to another team?

• Thumb Down 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If the Jets have him under contract, is he allowed to make videos like this?

I don't see why not.  He's not saying he wants to go somewhere, he's just paying them a compliment.  

Edited by AFJF

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s all the fans fault. 

Like all the times I've heard "This team sucks because of the fans".  LOL  

Right, because we're the ones making the moves.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Seriously? It is all over twitter which if you agree or not is a more powerful platform than TV that he wants to be traded. You don't  think given that that what he said inflames the situation or hurts the Jets bargaining  position. If I was JD I would be knocking on his door telling him to STFU.

That's the thing.  He didn't say he wants to be traded.  He said something nice about the Ravens.

However, they hypocrisy is what jumped out at me.  Joe Douglas is supposed to slam the phone down when somebody says the words "Jamal Adams" on a private call, but it's okay for him to live stream a public conversation in which somebody is trying to convince him to play for a different team and he feels no urge to turn the phone off?

If one is bad then so is the other.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Jets fans have been attacking adams since the day he was drafted so spare me the nonsense.

"Shut and play ball"

Hmmm. Where have I heard that phrasing used before.

Some Jets fans have been praising him from the day he was drafted and a few people are pissed off that he's not Pat Mahomes.  Not his fault.  That being said, he's being a huge hypocrite by doing this.  Joe D answering the phone is his job and Jamal having a conversation is his business.  But if Jamal was justified in having a hissy fit over the Joe D call, he shouldn't then turn around and do this.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Idk, I'm out of touch with this social media stuff so call me crazy but I have no idea what there is to be upset about here.  It's May, he's doing some type of thingy everyone does now on video during a stay at home order and his homeboy was like, yo!  The Ravens rumor!  And Jamal was like, yo!  It's all about D in Balt and that's rare.  They got a good coach.  

So, like, what's the harm?  It's not like Jamal started the rumor, he's just talking about it and it's not like he said anything about playing for the Ravens, simply, they got a good coah and they're all about D. 

The real question is?  Who is more dramatic about this situation?  Jamal or Jets fans?  I know the answer. 

There's zero harm, but plenty of hypocrisy.  If the GM is supposed to refuse to do his job and hang up the phone because somebody asked about Jamal, he should be held to the same standard.  If you want to be a jet, hang up the phone when somebody talks about you leaving.  Otherwise, let Joe do his job and you do your streaming conversations.  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Joe Douglas talked to someone that could actually trade for him. Jamal was on Instagram talking to a random retired player.

It’s not like Jamal was on a zoom call with Harbaugh

But his stance all along was that if they wanted him, then they should hang up the phone and refuse to even discuss it.

If Jamal wanted to be a Jet, why even discuss it instead of sending a message to a team through a friend that you like their culture and emphasis on defense?

Kind of like the time his buddy Ryan Clark went on TV and said Jamal would love to be a Cowboy.  How many times is he going to use the "conversations" to send signals to another team that he'd like to be there?

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company