BROOKLYN JET

Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

54 minutes ago, ECURB said:

So how does the “we hate Jamal” crowd feel about a good team trading for him?

if a front office like the Ravens will pay him....

Ravens are a Super Bowl contender.  We're not.

I feel good about the Raven's interest.  A #1 and a #2 will make it happen if I'm GM.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

At this point jets fans deserve Adams to be traded, our pick in exchange coming back to be a bust and him to go on to be an integral part of another team winning a superbowl and have a great career.

Are you an Adams fan, or a Jets fan?

A Jets Fan should want the best for the Jets, shouldn't they?

Why would you root for failure over some kind of silly "deserve" idea, for what.....because we're not all fawning over him or demanding he be paid hundreds of millions in cap-crippling salary now?  Are you Adams girlfriend?  Are you heartbroken we all don't love him like maybe you do?

Have you ever considered, even for a second, that some fans may simply see things differently than you, see Adams as a great player, but not a vital player for THIS Jets team in this moment at his expected cost, and perhaps could be more useful to the success of this team for his potential trade value, and the assets they could return, than his play in 2020?

Maybe you should take a second and try to see things from the other side's perspective.  Most of us who prefer to trade Adams completely understand that he is an excellent Strong Safety, we know he's a good player.  You might want to try and understand the other view yourself before being emo about what we, as a fanbase, "deserve".

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Kind of like the time his buddy Ryan Clark went on TV and said Jamal would love to be a Cowboy.  How many times is he going to use the "conversations" to send signals to another team that he'd like to be there?

I think this point is under-considered by many Adams-first Jets Fans.  Adams has publicly been involved in a number of "would be interested to play elsewhere" conversations.

I'll go one further:  I think Adams wants out of the Jets. 

I think he thinks we (the Jets) and we (Jets Fans) suck, honestly, are holding his greatness back with bad teams and worse fans, and he wants to go to a Franchise with a better history of success and Championships with fans he thinks will appreciate him more (i.e. worship him and his social media talk).

All the drama right now is due to Adams.  The Jets Front Office did nothing wrong in any form, and no one owes him a new deal now, at this point in his contract.  Yet we have stories everyday coming from Adams camp (not J.D. if you ask me, J.D. has been happily quiet in media-leak-land) making noise about this, that, far apart, no deal, no extension, maybe Adams wants to play elsewhere talk.

Those who want Adams no matter the price, because he's a great player, may want to also consider that Adams does not feel the same about you or the Jets.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Becton/Mims is still pretty frickin good 

Becton/Mims/Lamb would have be better.

Sam throwing to Perriman, Mims, Lamb and Crowder anyone?  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Vader said:

No one is going to change your mind but extrapolating Darnold’s last 8 games he would have been

4000 yards/61.4%/30 total tds/8 INTs 

Jets had a 6-2 record. 

The window is not not open...

I'm just not a fan of this kind of projection, the "if we take out all the bad stuff, our guy is great!"

I'll love it if he puts up those kinds of numbers, be assured.  I'm just not seeing it as a sure thing based on what happened in a cherry picked sample last year.  But I hope you're right. 

I'll say this, presuming it happens, opening day 2020 is going to be very interesting.  Must see TV, to see how a no-mono Sam starts his third season.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

Just noticed the Chiefs are in talks with Mahomes on a contract negotiation. He was drafted the same year as Adams. 

Both are studs. But only one gets validation for restructuring right now. 

Because only one is a QB superstar who changes everything and just won a Super Bowl

One is a Strong Safety dressed up as an average EDGE rusher who has yet to have a .500 season.

30 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I would much rather have a crap team trade For Jamal with the Ravens we get a high 20's low 30's first rounder and second rounder with a crap team we get a possible top 10 pick . This would be a good trade for the Ravens because that team is already built and I think they would be getting the better end of that deal.

Maybe I am wrong on this, but I don't fear playing against or in the same conference as Jamal Adams.

If we had (stress HAD, no point trading now, today) traded Adams for a #1 and #3 in this last draft, I'd have 100% been happy to play against Adams if I was able to add a top tier WR pick (1st) and another O-lineman pick (3rd).

But we didn't. 

So now, today, I don't see the point of a trade till the season is over.  We have him 2 years still, let him play this next one for us, while he is still hungry for his big payday, then trade him this next offseason for maximum draft assets, if the right deal exists.  But I definitely deal him before he walks, and he will walk if given that option IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

Jamal Adams is part of the reason the Jets have been under .500? 

He hasn't led us to be better than .500.

Listen, you like him (or are him for all I know), great.  He is a great Strong Safety.

Personally, I value other positions much more, and think those positions are the spots that move the needle on wins and losses.

I've asked it repeatedly, what is the Jets Record the last two years if we sub out Adams and replace him with an average Safety.

The answer:  exactly the same as it was.  At least IMO.  If you don't agree, great.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Prez33 said:

I maintain that good teams are built over the course of 3-5 years. That means getting some great players like Adams along the way. You can’t put gold in the middle of a garbage pile and expect people to take notice. Start surrounding him with better players and that D’s looking legit. 

You don't win by surrounding a Strong Safety with talent.

You win by surrounding a Franchise QB with talent.

JMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Now he’s “my guy” because of a Prez33 handle on a fan site?

Well, in fairness, if you name yourself after a specific guy, it does kinda indicate something.  

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

Lol. It’s funny how people read way too deeply into things sometimes. 

/shrug

If you didn't like the player alot, why choose his nick for your nick?  why defend him at great length from critics here?

I think the maiden doth protest too much.  

Again, can't speak for anyone else, but I choose a nick of my own unrelated to the Jets, in part specifically to not be tied to a current player.  even my all time favs, Toon, Chrebet, Mangold now too, I wouldn't name myself after them, and I love those dudes,  I'm me, not them.

TLDR:  So we don't read into it, why DID you pick Prez as your handle?

33 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Dude, I only have this handle because I dominate

punch-in-the-face.jpg

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company